What happens to booked cruises longer than 7 days?

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

In your case you have bigger problems—the Canadian government 

I know.  I’m actually hoping that they require vaccinations and Canada will allow us to dock.  But, we could go anywhere and I’d be happy just sailing.

4 hours ago, ATG said:

In my case, Freedom sails 9 day Canada/New England and 5 day Bermuda cruises.  I hope they can change to 7 / 7 sailings.  I’m on the 9 night and would rather lose 2 nights than the whole cruise.  Of course the optimal solution is for the CDC to allow the 9 nights.

I think you will also have a problem with Bermuda allowing cruise ships to dock.  Have you read the Bermuda governments requirement for travel?

1 minute ago, LB_NJ said:

I think you will also have a problem with Bermuda allowing cruise ships to dock.  Have you read the Bermuda governments requirement for travel?

I’m pretty much playing ostrich and sticking my head in the sand right now.  Just cancelled a May cruise, need the positive thoughts on September.  We can go south, even if that means Nassau, my least favorite port.  I just want to be somewhere with someone else cooking and cleaning.  We should be vaccinated by then.

• Like 2

To the original topic, it was reported on our Roll Call thread that the 13 November 2021 Allure 8 night is being shortened to 7 nights, now departing on 14 November.  This is disappointing news for those of us on this cruise but probably good news as they did not cancel the cruise outright !  Since this one was after the 11-1-21 cut-off date for not allowing cruises longer than 7 nights, I had hoped that it would survive, but apparently it won't.  Hopefully it indicates that they are beginning to finalize some of the "loose ends" and getting ready to set a date for cruising to re-start.

What do people now think will happen in regards to transatlantic cruises that sail before November 1st?  We did a L & S to the Odyssey TA scheduled to depart Civi on October 28th.  My feeling is it won’t be sailing on that date 🤷‍♀️.  As well, here in Canada, between delays in vaccinations and non essential travel restrictions that could be put in place, one does wonder if travelling will even be easily doable by fall.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:56 PM, RubySlippers102 said:

I’m booked on the 9-day Oasis for 7/30/21

i was booked on this sailing also- just cancelled last week.

too many unknowns. if they change it to 7 nights, they'll have to change the itinerary. have done the PC, Nassau, and cococay route from NJ too many times to want to do it again, and my best guess is it would be changed to that. we booked this sailing specifically for 9 nights on oasis. oh well..

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 9:23 AM, ATG said:

In my case, Freedom sails 9 day Canada/New England and 5 day Bermuda cruises.  I hope they can change to 7 / 7 sailings.  I’m on the 9 night and would rather lose 2 nights than the whole cruise.  Of course the optimal solution is for the CDC to allow the 9 nights.

We are also on the September FOS 9-day Canada/New England cruise. Most of the other FOS sailings are 5-day or 4-day cruises. I'm also hoping that they'll change our sailing to 7 days. It's not worth driving up to NJ for a 4 or 5 day trip. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:58 PM, allisonb22 said:

i was booked on this sailing also- just cancelled last week.

too many unknowns. if they change it to 7 nights, they'll have to change the itinerary. have done the PC, Nassau, and cococay route from NJ too many times to want to do it again, and my best guess is it would be changed to that. we booked this sailing specifically for 9 nights on oasis. oh well..

Agree with you. We booked this for the same reasons as you, not going to be happy with that 7 night itinerary.  

We haven't cancelled, but don't like the alternatives, but holding out hope for something different than PC - Nassau - CoCo Cay.  

I’m booked on 8 day Independence cruises in July and in August. Alternating weeks are 6 days.  It would be easy to change all of the cruises to 7 days like Celebrity did 2 months ago. They gave a 1 day refund to those who were originally booked on the 8 day that were changed to 7 days.  Why can’t the same company operate the same way? 

Strange Royal is not canceling those longer then 7 day cruises right away.  We had a Princess cruise booked for 10 nights for September 2021, it wasn't no more then 3 days after no cruises longer then 7 day's was  reported that we got a notice from our Travel agent saying our cruise was canceled and received back our deposit refund.

Nobody is rushing to cancel future cruises just for the 7 day rule.  Things could change before we get there.  They want to hold on to your reservation.  Cancellations will be done month by month as they have been.

When it comes time, it isn't always easy to just shorten cruises. That leaves holes in the schedule, create conflicts for ports and dock schedules, and is bad to have non-revenue days.  Some cruises just cannot be scheduled if they needed the days to get to a key destination port.  

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, bourbon52 said:

My 8 night cruise is in August on Symphony, hope it sails even if they shorten to 7 nights.

Also booked on that one as part of B2B2B.  We had a Disney 9 day scheduled in July that they cancelled and replaced with a 3 and a 6.  Had to rebook the replacements.  Looking less likely that either set will sail.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Bumping this back up - wondering if anyone has heard any rumors from anyone regarding cruises longer than 7 days? 

Don't worry, when any news of that happens,  there will be plenty of new threads about it and this one is unlikely to be one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1