Positivity Thread!

ScratchTheRat

I started one of these on another board and I think it could be useful here too.

We're seeing a lot of negativity on CC lately and I understand the world isn't the brightest place at the moment, but we've come through worse and we'll learn from it.

So let's make this thread about POSITIVITY! I don't mean it's for hippies and deluded folk but instead just reminding ourselves why we're here, this is a place to share our love for cruising, not to gripe about politics of healthcare!

So let's start with.... what meal/food item are you missing most from your P&O Cruise? 🙂

• Like 3

We have a thread "What are things like where you are today " that was started by our Mod so we could post things like Anniversary's, people getting jabs , nice meals etc .

So to  answer your question , I miss the most simpler things in life ,like getting up at the crack of dawn and sat in the buffet which is deserted ,with a nice mug of tea ,gazing out of the window as daylight breaks, gathering my thoughts ..BLISS :classic_smile:

• Like 7

My omelette skills have considerably improved, so I no longer miss the occasional one for breakfast!

Dover Sole is always a favourite for me, rarely eat fish at home as The Ole Lady doesn't like fish.

Oh and the dressed crab salad the MDR has at lunchtime from time to time.

• Like 3

Give me whatever food is on offer, is the bar that’s the important part for me 😂

Would love to be sitting in Planet Bar watching the wake right about now. 

Sounds hilariously cliche but watching the wake of the ship just seems to let all my worries float away. It takes a lot for me to ‘switch off’ but this never fails to relax me. 

• Like 3

I think the thing I miss most is the disconnection.

Even when I am in my free time at home, I'm picking up my phone or ipad almost every 10 mins to check things, message friends etc. On the cruise, I have no internet and can leave my phone in my pocket. Bliss!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, tartanexile81 said:

I miss drinking in the Glass House. Their champagne, Prosecco and Ice Peller Cuvee are great and best on ship - can't wait

Hi Tartanexile, I believe we met on Ventura 35 nights to USA & Caribbean 2019, are you Rhona who arranged the meet and mingle?

On 29/01/2021 at 9:20 AM, joeecco said:

Give me whatever food is on offer, is the bar that’s the important part for me 😂

Would love to be sitting in Planet Bar watching the wake right about now. 

Sounds hilariously cliche but watching the wake of the ship just seems to let all my worries float away. It takes a lot for me to ‘switch off’ but this never fails to relax me. 

I could have wrote this post word for word, being someone who never switches off, except when cruising.. 

Andy 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are not really drinkers at home, but once on a cruise, everything changes😊

Andy 

I think when you are working you attitude and way of life changes when you go on holiday. We have noticed that since we retired there is not as much difference, you are not under the same pressure to give it everything because when you get back you go to work again and a new cycle starts. We feel that if we miss anything now we just book another cruise no waiting for accrued holidays or fitting in with school time etc, life is much easier.

• Like 3

I actually said to my husband last night "If you could fly tomorrow on holiday either to Kefalonia (where we had a fab holiday and are booked again in May!) or to Barbados for a Caribbean cruise which would you choose?" Hands down Barbados!!! 👏 Yes we could get sunshine, nice food etc in Kefalonia, he says, but I really miss the natter with other people (no community in hotels is the same as cruisers!) miss the choir, lectures, the views....the laughing as we first walk into the cabin to see which of us gets the door view with trying to block out the surrounding light! :classic_biggrin: Just miss cruising! :classic_love:

• Like 7

I want to be positive too.

Positive cases down 31% in last 7 days (tests increasing, so more even negative results).

Patients admitted to hospital down 17% in last 7 days

Patients in hospital down 4%

Patients on mechanical ventilation up 1%

Deaths down 6% in last 7 days

First dose vaccinations administered in last 7 days across the UK (2,517,589) up 9% on week before

Of the readily accessible stats, only one indicator has a negative movement. . The numbers are all still way too high but we are making progress.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I want to be positive too.

Positive cases down 31% in last 7 days (tests increasing, so more even negative results).

Patients admitted to hospital down 17% in last 7 days

Patients in hospital down 4%

Patients on mechanical ventilation up 1%

Deaths down 6% in last 7 days

First dose vaccinations administered in last 7 days across the UK (2,517,589) up 9% on week before

Of the readily accessible stats, only one indicator has a negative movement. . The numbers are all still way too high but we are making progress.

Way to high in the sense of human suffering... before anyone thinks I mean way to high to begin cruising again. Preservation of life first, cruising later.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 6

It’s just being on a ship and watching the sea for me. I just love the sea and it always calms me.

Even going to coastal towns in the Uk has a similar effect.

I love the (gentle) motion on the ship too.

Our last cruise was on the Sapphire Princess (my only non P&O cruise) and hubby and I one morning commented what a good sleep we’d both had.We saw some people at the lifts who were moaning what a rough night it was and were amazed we hadn’t noticed! It must have rocked us to sleep!

• Like 3