The Daily for Wednesday Feb 3, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, everyone.

Today's meal suggestion does sound great.   I would try it, but no chicken here and I've decided I'm not tempting fate with any trips out that are not necessary before my jab.  I'll hunker down here at home and eat soup.  But, here's the recipe:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/quick-chicken-piccata/

@kazuThe Mary Poppins song immediately popped into my head as well.  Now I'm going to be singing it all day.  

@Sharon in AZGreat news about your mom!   She must be a feisty 91 year old.  Good for her!

@ger_77tomato soup cake sounds interesting.  Do you have the recipe?

@mamaofamiPlease be safe.  I hope they get to your driveway before you leave.

I'm spending the day in Zoom meetings and in between trying to get my friend an appointment for his vaccine.  He's trying and I'm trying.  Between the two of us, we should come up with something!

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, lcand1923 said:

Just came from getting my second Pfizer Vaccine Shot.  Feeling so blessed.  Had to share the great news with all of my new friends.

Stay Safe, Everyone!

Woo hoo!

And I just got my first jab! The County Health folk gave me a vaccination card with an appointment for my follow-up jab! They did a great job. Very organized.  I never even felt my jab!

• Like 18

It is really encouraging that so many have gotten Covid shot no. 1 or are about to. I am happy for those who have received no. 2 or are scheduled for it. Where I live, the vaccinations are proceeding very slowly due to vaccine shortages. 
i wish I had a carrot cake. I may treat myself to one today. 

• Like 8

Good Morning All!

It’s Wednesday already! The days are flying along here. 

Thanks to Rich for starting these threads and all who participate, even occasionally. It’s a highlight of my morning.

Will put Chicken Picatta on the waitlist as we have left over chicken pie from last night. (I made  yesterday’s suggestion with chicken in place of the turkey. It made me think of gramma’s chicken pie recipe and had a great day reminiscing of her ( she would have been 119 on Valentine’s Day.)) 

@ger_77 Your reference to tomato soup cake sent me down a rabbit hole, and I found 2 basic recipes: 1 that looks like it makes an light airy cake (eggs + baking powder) and another that is dense with raisins and walnuts. Being you said wedding cake, were you referring to a dense version ( like traditional British wedding cakes)?

Work continues today organizing the garage. Yesterday I hit true treasure: an opened box of n95 masks from my woodworking days. We of course have no good way of fit testing, but they should nonetheless provide a better layer than just cloth. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 14

Good Morning and Thank You for the Daily! 😊

👍Now the song "American Pie" is going through my head. I also loved the song Donna by Ritchie Valens .....in fact, I ❤️ all the oldies on the radio! Anyone else listen to sirius radio in the car?🎵:classic_biggrin:

😊 😷 Have a good day and stay safe! 🙏

1612152941347blob.jpg

• Like 19

Thanks for this thread! Never have understood why perfectly good carrots are used in cakes or why perfectly good cakes use carrots....  Sharon in Arizona, I am so glad that things are improving for your Mother, I loved your picture a few days ago of snow on the Catalinas.  In fact, I tried to figure out where you were (which streets intersection) when taking the photo. We lived near Ft. Lowell Park for many years, the Rillito River was our next door neighbor.

IMG_0207.jpeg

Edited by Norseh2o
na
  • Like 15

Good Morning to the Daily Crew.  Thanks Rich and Roy.

Loved Groucho and of course was saddened the day the music died.

Just got a text that our hospital got another round of vaccine so I will spend my Saturday at a hastily called clinic.  It is already full despite only a couple of hours of notice.  99.9% of all the folks are happy and appreciative but I got cussed out because I asked a fellow to fill out a form for the hospital.  He had filled out an online form and didn't want to complete our paperwork.  Thank God our security guard was just a few feet from me.  Shortly after another man was incensed that the line was about 15 minutes long and "he had an appointment"...  Having said that, I can't count the number of times we were thanked for having a clinic.  

I am so happy to see that so many of the Dailyites have already gotten their injection or, at least, have an appointment.

Please wear a mask...

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

The Buddy Holly plane crash remains fresh in the memories of many Minnesotans since they were on their way to Moorhead, MN for a concert. 

I just refilled the bird feeder and put out a new corn cob for the squirrels.

We have "Grand Kitties"!

Our son and SO adopted two brothers and we got to meet them last night. They are about 3 months old and took to us pretty quickly. The cat treats may have had something to do with it!

Resized_20210131_110836.thumb.jpg.f04b83c8363ecbd61cbcf9ad8e6be959.jpgResized_IMG_37341.thumb.jpg.9eade09ee3d10b94b946c1d7fd82f718.jpgResized_20210129_165208.thumb.jpg.e4b7b6f14810c6ec5bc376aca56742ad.jpg

• Like 23

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Yum, carrot cake.  It’s one of the few cakes I like.  On my birthday one year we got the Pinnacle to make a small one for me, it was yummy.  It was very nice of them to do that.  We also had a carrot wedding cake.

We, too, had carrot wedding cake.  It was fabulous.

Thanks to Rich, Roy and the 'drinks ladies'.  The wine sounds wonderful for me but not DH.

A sunrise pic at the coast this am and a little bit of rainbow for a lucky start to our day.

Prayers to those who need them and best wishes to all.

sunrise.jpg

rainbowette.jpg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

my DH is mentioned in a Rolling Stone article on Joni Mitchell's release of her Inside The Early Years box set CD's.  He knew her in their younger days,

That’s awesome, Gerry.  🙂

I’m going to go look for the article.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lcand1923 said:

Just came from getting my second Pfizer Vaccine Shot.  Feeling so blessed.  Had to share the great news with all of my new friends.

Stay Safe, Everyone!

We just got back from our second Pfizer vaccine, too.  Now sitting at the computer sipping a glass (or 2) of celebratory bubbly -- wonder how the rest of my day will go 🤪.  

Thanks Rich, Roy, Cat, Summer and Debbie for all your input every day.  So glad I found this thread.

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, KirkNC said:

And of course they  will bring you any flavors and as many as you want 😎

Has anyone else noted that they never have chocolate ice cream in the MDR?  They have it in the Lido and so when we want some they go up there to get it for us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Has anyone else noted that they never have chocolate ice cream in the MDR?  They have it in the Lido and so when we want some they go up there to get it for us. 

Funny, I had never focused on it but your right, I never recall just straight chocolate ice cream 🍦.

• Like 6

Good morning, all! I don’t feed the birds, the strata frowns on it. I do put out warm water in the bird bath any morning the temperature goes below freezing at night. I’m not sure they like it warm, but the theory is it won’t freeze, even though it will be cold very quickly. I also put out a walnut for Rizu the squirrel. There’s no mess and it’s gone quickly so no one notices.😉

Congratulations to all those getting the jab! That’s encouraging news. From the roll out program here, I won’t be getting mine for another four months. But we have clear skies and sun today, so everything is good!

Happy Wednesday from the Amsterdam and her ever changing elevator mats!F5C91899-4C40-42D4-A683-B19F3B2A34D2.thumb.jpeg.ac0195f781f75f813932ae7fab821ec4.jpeg

• Like 16

Good morning all!

Lots of good news today! 

Loved Groucho, but since my DH was military intelligence in Viet Nam, I can't agree with the quote 100%. 😉  

It was indeed a very sad Day the Music Died 😞  

I love Chicken Piccata, but tonight will be leftovers of the chicken pot pie I made last night.  @dfishthank you so much for posting the recipes, very helpful!  My recipe calls for some garlic and capers (I give DH all the capers, but do love the garlic).  

@KirkNCprayers for your DS and BIL that things will get much better for them.

@cat shepardcongrats on getting your first jab!

@ger_77wow, that's great about your DH being mentioned in the Rolling Stones article.  Any chance you have a link to that?

@Sharon in AZwhat wonderful news about your feisty mother!  

@kb4683and @Icand1923 congratulations on getting your 2nd jab!  (not sure why it won't tag Icand1923)

@65 Gatorshame on those ungratefuls for cussing you out, but very happy the majority of people are happy and thankful for what you're doing.

Well, decisions decisions.  We have long Med cruise(s) booked for this fall and of course are waiting to see if any of them will happen.  Meanwhile, we've been looking at alternatives for 2022 if they don't happen.  And yesterday our PCC let us know about a brand new itinerary for summer of 2022.  So now we have 3 alternatives to choose from....completely different from each other, one is a northern Europe with cruising the North Cape, one is Antarctica (when 2023 comes out which our PCC says will be soon) and the last is extending our Hawaii cruise to the South Pacific.  

It should be a nice day for us today NO rain (yay!!) and an outdoor visit with the grandsons. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

Good morning and thanks all!   The wine sounds interesting and those Canaletto dinners make me drool, Roy! 

@ger_77 how cool about your DH and Joni Mitchell!  She went to school at SAIT/Alberta College of Art, they were always proud to say and the Alberta Ballet did a fantastic ballet in her honour!  

We always feed the birds!   

EE45B228-B81A-4E30-8D4C-07A3802046BE.jpeg

• Like 18

49 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

We just got back from our second Pfizer vaccine, too.  Now sitting at the computer sipping a glass (or 2) of celebratory bubbly -- wonder how the rest of my day will go 🤪.  

I've promised to help at the Vaccine Clinic later today, so my bubbly will come tonight.  I DID celebrate with an extra cup of coffee!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1