coastal kitchen

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Is there an issue BoscoSticks

Just my opinion and only a slight difference in a term LOL. 

Having retired from years in the restaurant business I wouldn't call the MDR food exactly MASS PRODUCED compared to most specialty restaurants on a ship.

On our last cruise in March, the meal at Chops was what I would have expected at a cheap catered affair and we were only one of four couples dining at the time ?

Even the smallest venues on a ship have many items prepared ahead of time like soups salads, plated appetizers like Caprese Salad and escargo. 

Rare to find a dessert made from a waiter's ticket.

Many times in the MDR's grill stations steaks or cuts go right from the grill to the plate for a waiting server.,.,

Even main courses that require more than a few minutes on a grill like chicken, risotto or lasagne are done in multiples and plated, then out the door. 

I would use the term MASS PRODUCED for catering at weddings or other affairs where every item is prepared the day before and delivered  to be heated just prior to serving.

Items coming off the grill in an MDR's galley don't sit around under a lamp for very long waiting to get picked up by a waiter and if they do the estimated orders need to be adjusted. 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, orville99 said:

We usually go for the CLS if we can get one on the side of the ship. Don’t like the ones on the back that overlook the boardwalk and sports courts - too noisy. We book GS when we can’t get a CLS we like, or are on ships that don’t have them. 

Never had a CLS on the back of the ship- we always book mid side suites- But IMO the one bathroom in a GS is a negative- we started in a GS, but once we went into a CLS, my DH will not sail in any other suite.

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Never had a CLS on the back of the ship- we always book mid side suites- But IMO the one bathroom in a GS is a negative- we started in a GS, but once we went into a CLS, my DH will not sail in any other suite.

Neither will my DW😊