coastal kitchen

Booked september 12 on the oasis. I know it may not go but why not try...opportunity for my DW and i is my nephew is getting married justsouth of philly and figured lets go for it..we will be celebrating our 42 anniversary and i am surprising her with a sky suite. we have stayedi n junior suites before. MY question is what ammenities come with the suite and what is the coastal kitchen about. I already looked at RCCL website but it is very vague

Michael

There is a concierge in the suite lounge who can book things for you. Free mixed drinks during happy hour. On your oasis class ship supposed to be beer and wine in the afternoon, coffee in the am.

There are sections set aside for suites when I was on last, at the pool, in the theater.

Ck is supposed to be more healthy fare, some like it some dont. Look at the menus ahead of time. You can eat there all 3 meals, but I wouldnt want to miss johnny rockets for breakfast or the lunch at city park with bags of chips. I hope they still have those big cookies. 

I loved the shows on oasis, I know off topic. So much to do and see.

I too wonder what to expect post covid. Someone will have a list of perks I'm sure. 

• Like 1

SKY

• Concierge Service
  • All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen*
  • Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
  • Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea 
  • Priority Boarding and Departure
  • Priority Dining Reservations
  • Reserved Seating Area in Select Entertainment Venues
  • Suite Lounge Access (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails each evening)
  • Access to Suite Sun Deck
  • Royal Caribbean Plush Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • Luxury Bathroom Amenities
  • Lavazza Espresso Coffee Machine

* Please note, reservations are required for dinner. Beverages not included. 
 Surf + Stream package. One device per person for each guest booked in a Sky suite. Access codes will be provided upon arrival. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

Booked september 12 on the oasis. I know it may not go but why not try...opportunity for my DW and i is my nephew is getting married justsouth of philly and figured lets go for it..we will be celebrating our 42 anniversary and i am surprising her with a sky suite. we have stayedi n junior suites before. MY question is what ammenities come with the suite and what is the coastal kitchen about. I already looked at RCCL website but it is very vague

Michael

You will get an email from the concierge prior to your sailing, explaining benefits and giving you an opportunity to make reservations for dinner in Coastal Kitchen.  The email typically comes a week before your sailing.  You will have priority check in and boarding, suite party with drinks and snacks, access to suite lounge and coastal kitchen plus other stuff.  Suite lounge on Oasis has free wine and beer, soda and water from 11 to 11 each day, as well as access to the specialty coffee machine and snacks most of the time.  

You will have access to Coastal Kitchen for all three meals, reservations strongly suggested for dinner, not needed for breakfast and lunch.  Breakfast is not very busy and is much better than any other choice on the ship.  Lunch has limited offerings but is a nice change.  We enjoy dinner there most nights.  There is a great filet mignon first night, lobster tails and scallops another night, lots of different fish options, lamb and more that I am forgetting.

• Like 2

I have questions about Coastal Kitchen too. I have booked an Oasis grand suite, first time in a suite on Oasis class.

Does Coastal Kitchen have a traditional dining option with the same time, table, and waiter each night? My booking confirmation shows a dining time of 5:30 PM, but I don't know if that is Coastal Kitchen or MDR. If that is not for Coastal Kitchen, then when you get the concierge email and make dinner reservations can you reserve the same time, table, and waiter? 

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I have questions about Coastal Kitchen too. I have booked an Oasis grand suite, first time in a suite on Oasis class.

Does Coastal Kitchen have a traditional dining option with the same time, table, and waiter each night? My booking confirmation shows a dining time of 5:30 PM, but I don't know if that is Coastal Kitchen or MDR. If that is not for Coastal Kitchen, then when you get the concierge email and make dinner reservations can you reserve the same time, table, and waiter? 

Thank you.

The dining time you see on your reservation is the main dining room, not Coastal Kitchen.  I have been able to make reservations with the concierge for the same time each night.  On Oasis, we were not given the same waiter or the same table, it changed most nights.  On Anthem, you are assigned a waiter and we got the same table for almost all meals.

• Like 1

I don't know. Our Sky Suite sailing was cancelled. But that 5:30 reservation is probably for the MDR and traditional dining. When the concierge contacts you, you can make CK reservations for the same time each night, but I don't know about table or waiters. 

Royal still assigns an MDR option even if you eat all you meals in Coastal Kitchen.  At your discretion you can still go to the MDR instead of Coastal Kitchen if you like the menu better or just feel like it.  

Coastal Kitchen itself is almost exclusively reservation driven for dinner but not for breakfast or lunch.  In theory you can try to walk up and try to get in for dinner without a reservation but on Oasis class this is less likely than Quantum class.   

Once ships start sailing again the Coastal Kitchen menus will appear in the Royal Caribbean app so you can look them over.  If you like a good steak don't miss filet night in CK, it rivals and can be better than Chops.  

• Like 2

Generally, the filet at the CK is among the best on the ship.  The last time I was on Oasis filet night was night #3.  On the other ships with a CK it is often on night #1.  If filet night is something that you’re interested in, I recommend that you ask about it when the Concierge contacts you (5 night before sailing, usually) and have him/her make your reservations ahead of time. Filet night is usually very popular.

• Like 3

I think coastal kitchen is ok ,a lovely venue but I’m not big on fine dining so don’t limit your meals there.

The suite lounge party is good ,the captain and some officers are there for a chat.

Also ask the concierge about free ship tours,there usually 1or 2 .

I was on oasis a couple of years ago , the filet was first night the week we were on. Really didn’t care for dinner second night so did specialty restaurants rest of week for dinner. Did like there breakfast and lunch was ok, nice view . Drinks are good at happy hour except for wine which was pretty bad. Cool thing is reserved seats for all the shows except comedy, so no need to sign up for aqua, ice shows or any show in main theater. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Sky class suites can also order food from the Main Dining Room  (during the hours when it is open) and have it delivered to your room. We have done this several times when we didn’t feel like going out for dinner. 

True , I forgot about room service. My favourite dining on the ship and I keep forgetting about it.

You have a direct number to the kitchen and they will do anything ,the best of everything.

The hamburger Royal is the best .

• Like 3

13 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

Michael

The costal kitchen is a great perk- but it is only available grand suite and above on Oasis class ships.  Junior suites have limited access for dinner only.  Grand Suites and above you can enjoy daily breakfast, snacks and some beverages thought the day.  IMO a great perk.  Also, the suites are larger.  I would say a grand suite compares with a celebrity sky suite in size.  We also love the suite deck- another suite perk.  In addition, you have access to all shows without reservations- just flash your sea pass card- easy-  Comedy show the only show that requires a prior reservation.   You have priority boarding and disembarkation.

We still enjoy dining at speciality restaurants during the cruise.  IMO with covid, best to be in a larger cabin, and have ability to decks and restaurants with fewer people.  Who knows what modifications might take place when cruising resumes

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

The costal kitchen is a great perk- but it is only available grand suite and above on Oasis class ships.  Junior suites have limited access for dinner only.  Grand Suites and above you can enjoy daily breakfast, snacks and some beverages thought the day.  IMO a great perk.  Also, the suites are larger.  I would say a grand suite compares with a celebrity sky suite in size.  We also love the suite deck- another suite perk.  In addition, you have access to all shows without reservations- just flash your sea pass card- easy-  Comedy show the only show that requires a prior reservation.   You have priority boarding and disembarkation.

We still enjoy dining at speciality restaurants during the cruise.  IMO with covid, best to be in a larger cabin, and have ability to decks and restaurants with fewer people.  Who knows what modifications might take place when cruising resumes

I think rccl grand suite is much nicer than celebrity sky suite , larger , big bathroom with double sink and larger balcony. But celebrity suite dinning room has way better food and service and there lounge has better drinks and open all day for drinks not just beer and wine.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

Michael

You will enjoy the sky suite perks. We flip back and forth between Grand Suites and Crown Loft Suites. One of the nice things that rarely gets mentioned is in Sky (and above) suites, you have the full Main Dining Room menu available to you for room service. It's nice to get a full breakfast or lunch delivered to enjoy on your balcony.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You will enjoy the sky suite perks. We flip back and forth between Grand Suites and Crown Loft Suites. One of the nice things that rarely gets mentioned is in Sky (and above) suites, you have the full Main Dining Room menu available to you for room service. It's nice to get a full breakfast or lunch delivered to enjoy on your balcony.

We love the CLS as they have two full bathrooms.  Such a great perk if my DH and I are getting showered at the same time-  However, the Grand suite is cheaper- so it depends upon your budget.

16 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

Michael

CK is best food on the ship.  Freshly prepared !  

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We love the CLS as they have two full bathrooms.  Such a great perk if my DH and I are getting showered at the same time-  However, the Grand suite is cheaper- so it depends upon your budget.

We usually go for the CLS if we can get one on the side of the ship. Don’t like the ones on the back that overlook the boardwalk and sports courts - too noisy. We book GS when we can’t get a CLS we like, or are on ships that don’t have them. 

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

CK is best food on the ship.  Freshly prepared !  

Depends a lot on who is the chef. We’ve had great ones and ones that don’t seem to care what they serve. We make our decision on how often we eat there based on our first evening’s dinner.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Depends a lot on who is the chef. We’ve had great ones and ones that don’t seem to care what they serve. We make our decision on how often we eat there based on our first evening’s dinner.

Well for me personally its always better than the mass produced food in the Dining Rooms and the over priced subpar steaks at Chops.  

2 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Well for me personally its always better than the mass produced food in the Dining Rooms and the over priced subpar steaks at Chops.  

I think all the specialty restaurants are way better than CK . Oasis has a very nice selection of specialty restaurants.