refunds

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Full refund received in our bank account this morning. 🍾🍾

Thanks to all for your messages of encouragement and especially jland and Balsam12 for sharing info on the steps you have taken.  Balsam12, I hope you get some action and your refund quickly, and hope you'll post the outcome here.

I wonder how long we'd have been waiting if I'd done nothing.  I have now unsubscribed from that TA's mailing list, I was only staying on it to be sure they are still 'afloat'.

That is wonderful news.  You made my day!  I love to hear when good people are successful.

Please remind me how much money you were owed and how long you had to wait until the money was put in your bank account. 

This thread should be compulsory reading for everyone booking a cruise with a TA (or a travel package such as with APT).

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

This thread should be compulsory reading for everyone booking a cruise with a TA 

I seriously doubt there will be many people who fit that category after this fiasco....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

So a little more success 🙂

It appears the TA has released our P & O booking. We lost $100 credit that was from the TA, but that was only to be expected.

Never again.

Good news and I’m sure the peace of mind will be worth more than $100. We’ve all learned a lesson from this. The real test of any company is how they handle problems. In both our cases (and many more for sure) they’ve failed dismally   Agree, never again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in - it took 6 months, multiple very long phone calls, and finally 2 hours on the line with me insisting I be transferred to a supervisor, for me to receive my refund from Celebrity. They’ve probably blacklisted me, but the feeling is mutual.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CupcakeSusie said:

Chiming in - it took 6 months, multiple very long phone calls, and finally 2 hours on the line with me insisting I be transferred to a supervisor, for me to receive my refund from Celebrity. They’ve probably blacklisted me, but the feeling is mutual.  

Well done - Your persistence paid off.  

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We have had everything refunded or credited  except for $500 with CMV which went under. We have also used many credit s or have reassigned them  to future bookings

You have done quite well Mic, considering.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, CupcakeSusie said:

Well done you little cupcake.

59 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

The local Helloworld outlet at the shopping centre has succumbed to the enviable and is closing. 😒

I thought a lot of TAs would close when benefits reduced.  I noticed both TA shops were open for the first time in our small shopping centre last week.