Fred Olsen cancels all cruises through June of this year.

terrydtx

I was so optimistic when the vaccines started to roll out, but it's hard to maintain my optimism when all the news regarding travel and cruising is bad.  2023?  Maybe?

7 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

It’s like a Chinese water torture.....

I believe most of that water torture is self inflicted.   The desire to for a return to cruising has taken over realism.   Perhaps encouraged by the cruise lines selling product that will never leave the dock in order to capture future business.

People seem surprised at the Alaska news.  Surprised at the Olsen announcement.  

The notion that the release of vaccines will result in a fairly immediate commencement of cruising is at variance with the covid news and with the covid statistics throughout the world.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iancal said:

I believe most of that water torture is self inflicted.   The desire to for a return to cruising has taken over realism.   Perhaps encouraged by the cruise lines selling product that will never leave the dock in order to capture future business.

People seem surprised at the Alaska news.  Surprised at the Olsen announcement.  

The notion that the release of vaccines will result in a fairly immediate commencement of cruising is at variance with the covid news and with the covid statistics throughout the world.

I agree!  I think we must accept that it may be a very long time before cruising restarts and even longer before it represents anything remotely like what it used to be.   In the interim there will probably be significant changes to the industry.

• Like 1

IF, and it is beginning to look like a very doubtful IF, we travel to the Med this fall it will definitely not be on a cruise.

It will be for a week or more at a number of island condos by the sea where we can sit by ourselves and do for ourselves so to speak.   Even if cruises were operating, the very last place we would want to be in 2021 in on a cruise ship.  

Edited by iancal