The Daily for Sunday Feb 7, 2021

richwmn

today is Superbowl Sunday -Superbowl 55, Send a Card to a Friend Day, and Rose Day

Hanlon's Razor:
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry

Drink of the Day - Watermelon Cocktail

Wine of the day - Quivira Sauvignon Blanc Dry Creek Valley Alder Grove Vineyard vintage 2017

at Sea Pacific
Koningsdam
Nieuw Amsterdam destination San Ignacio Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam destination La Paz MX eta 2/11

Port Everglades Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam

Long Beach
Westerdam

Torquay
Eurodam
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

0207World.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  A first superbowl home team.  Sending cards to a friend is a great idea and roses are so pretty.  Hanlon's Razor  is interesting, and Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Fresh Fruit Medley, and Grilled 5-Spice Lamb Chops as served on MS Maasdam February 7, 2015.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

My brother

Super Bowl parties as spreader events

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Planters generosity

New dishwasher for TiogaCruiser

Refrigerator for cunnorl

Second jab for Summer Slope

ger-77 generous tip

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!  Who are you going to cheer for?

Love Hanlon's Razor.

Both dinner suggestions sound good, but, unfortunately, I don't have any lamb, so chicken it is.

The drink of the day sounds like something I would like on a hot summer afternoon, not a cold snowy one like it is here today.  We've got snow squalls (again).

Looking forward to reading about the wine.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List, and a shout out to all who celebrate.

Stay safe.

• Like 14

Happy Super Bowl day.  Go Bucs, home team in their own stadium.  As a stamper I send cards all the time.  Love roses. Interesting quote.  The meal is good ordered out.  Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list.  Shout outs to all our celebration list.  No ill effects from the second jab other that a semi sore arm where the shot was given.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Watermelon Cocktail:

Ingredients

• 3 cups watermelon de-seeded and cubed
  • 3 ounces vodka
  • 3 ounces triple sec
  • 2 limes juiced

Instructions

• In a blender, add cubed watermelon. Pulse until liquefied. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. 
  • Combine watermelon juice, vodka, triple sec, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until combined. Pour over ice in a highball glass. Serve and enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 7.22.42 AM.png

• Like 22

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone! Go Bucs!

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Great combo of days. I enjoy hunting for the perfect card to send someone. And love roses, especially ones without a scent, because then I can bring them inside.

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Hope your brother improves quickly. Morning Dailyites. Miss my Sisters.

Interesting quote. The meal sounds great & Summer that drink sounds and looks amazing. A fairly quiet day planned, until the big game. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. 
Stay well everyone. 

This Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc is going on my list. Excellent ratings and a decent price. I found several online distributors with prices starting at 

$17.99. The reviews are a bit too much, but we can’t hold that against the wine. 

Winemaker Notes

#31 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019Immediately deep, complex, and layered with a dominant citrus focus when the wine is first opened. White grapefruit, Key Lime, and a more subtle lemon meringue character all vie for attention. Subtle, yet classic, varietal grassiness emerges along with nuances of vanilla, woodsy spice, and creamy yeastiness. The palate is round and smooth, with viscosity counterpointed by refreshing, totally natural acidity. There is a seamless quality to this wine, where proportion and balance just flow from beginning to end. Blend: 88% Sauvignon Blanc, 12% Semillon

WS93 Wine Spectator: A complex note of dried honeysuckle and a whiff of smoke add intrigue and depth to the core of succulent peach, melon and mango flavors, set on a medium body, with a fresh frame. Shows wonderful purity of fruit and nuances that linger effortlessly.

3ED2A0AC-A5A4-4515-B9C2-30F8D0492745.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Super Bowl Sunday y'all - sure wish we were in Tampa right now, as we're firmly ensconced in a deep freeze.  This is from last night. image.thumb.png.0ac0c0f3a61ca49fde2c2fbdf56d410a.png

I love receiving cards but not a lot of people send them any more - we receive more e-cards than mailed cards.  I might sit down with a cup of tea and write out a few today, thanks for the suggestion.  The scent of roses reminds me of the beautiful yellow rose bushes my mom grew in our yard when I was a child.  Although they aren't my favourite flower, they have a lovely scent.

@rafinmdyou didn't need to add me to the shout-out list, but thank you, it was very kind of you to do so.  I do hope your brother's back issues will be sorted out and he's on the road to recovery soon!

Nice menu suggestions, but I'll be putting a pot of stew on the stove today - it will make the house smell nice will keep the tummies full for a few meals.  Combined with some buns and a salad will make a nourishing meal on a cold winter's day.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the wine glasses to cheer all on the celebration list tonight.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 26

Rooting for Tampa bay, too. Since we have spent many a winter in the area it is our “home” team. Go Bucs 

cold here this morning minus 12C (10F) with snow on the ground wishing I was in Clearwater like usual. 

• Like 14

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Hope all the Super Bowl fans enjoy the hype and game!  Cards and roses are always appreciated.  

That quote is excellent.  Meal suggestion sounds wonderful.  Chicken is on the menu but I think it will be chicken wings for DH’s Super Bowl.

@summer slopethat drink sounds delicious - great for a hot, summer’s day and, @cat shepardthe wine sounds scrumptious.  

The temperature has plummeted here again but not thankfully not as frigid cold as it is out West where they have a serious cold warning.  😱  But never fear @ger_77 & folks suffering from the cold, Mother Nature will make up for our warmer cold as she sends another storm our way today/tonight.

0E2DA081-509C-4344-8D70-2FE2B3DB2CF5.jpeg.81862e1ebb9761a4e9b2c0747217f6a2.jpeg

I don’t know about you but I think the ground hog lied.

1BE050E0-45C0-44D0-9A77-787476015474.thumb.jpeg.99419eae6a30f8adee462a44073ded00.jpeg

For any of you afraid that you are drinking or thinking of wine too much, remember:

C8EDE21D-5C72-4348-B3BC-5B8473BA60A2.jpeg.8e8592ebf9e46b0ebbcedd4fd218a6a5.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a toast to everyone on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Super Bowl Sunday everyone!  Stay warm and safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 28
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone.   

It is a cold and snowy day today.   I don't think I'll venture too far today.  I'll finish putting up my curtain rods.  

Today's meal sounds good, but the picture doesn't really do it justice, I'm afraid.  The comments section does recommend using cutlets instead of whole breasts and pre cooking them a bit.  Apparently, in order to get the chicken done, the crescent rolls get too dark.   

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-cordon-bleu-in-pastry/

Chicken-Cordon-Bleu-in-Pastry_EXPS_SDDJ19_29991_B07_13_10b-1.jpg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  A first superbowl home team.  Sending cards to a friend is a great idea and roses are so pretty.  Hanlon's Razor  is interesting, and Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Fresh Fruit Medley, and Grilled 5-Spice Lamb Chops as served on MS Maasdam February 7, 2015.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

My brother

Super Bowl parties as spreader events

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Planters generosity

New dishwasher for TiogaCruiser

Refrigerator for cunnorl

Second jab for Summer Slope

ger-77 generous tip

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

How do you remember what was served on the MAASDAM six years ago?  You  startle me somtimes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rich thanks for the report you give us so faithfully rach dat.  Roy thanks for the care and shout out list each day.  It is -8 this morning and the wind chill makes it feel like -24.    Baby it is cold outside.  I hope it is better where each poster lives.  

• Like 10

Good morning everyone. I’ve been up about 20 minutes, happily drinking my coffee and smiling because I thought the weather man called it wrong, but just as I started to write this I looked out the window and the big white flakes started falling. There really is no more room for the plovers to put the snow between my garage and our neighbors. We live in a dead end and they push allot of the snow there. Directly across the way from us is guest parking and that also gets a lot of snow. As of now, we have to back up the street to get out. This would be the winter we didn’t go to Florida. 

Did I mention that my grandson is flying home from LA today and due in the east coast airport around 6pm. Fingers crossed that his flight even takes off.

I love roses  and must admit we send e-cards these days. Saves a trip to the mailbox and stamps, and they have so many cute cards.

Dinner suggestion sounds good, but we have left over Chinese food from last night.

Roy, hope your brother is doing better today.

Stay safe and double mask everyone.

Carol

• Like 19

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Its another snowy day here and possibly again on Tuesday and maybe even more on Thursday and after that bitter cold for next weekend 😱

Pizza for dinner tonight. I guy I have to root for the Chiefs. Chad Henne is a local HS graduate.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, Himself said:

How do you remember what was served on the MAASDAM six years ago?  You  startle me somtimes.

I have been tracking my meals since I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2002 and almost always have a spreadsheet tracking my meals to aid my keeping on track.  The entries in the spreadsheet are generic as om "Chilled Soup, Fruit Cup, Lamb" but since I returned to HAL in 2011 my blogs have included copies of the menus, so by referring to the menu I go from 'Chilled Soup, Fruit Cup, Lamb' to what's better described on the menu.

https://aroundamericabitbybit.wordpress.com/menus/maasmenu/

BTW, are you off to Florida soon?

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 11

@cat shepard Good Morning sweet sister. Thank you for keeping me and our western sister in thought. 🥰 know I think of you two each day and love you muchly!

All is well. Allen's 2nd shot is Wednesday, my 2nd is due on the 24th.

Having our back yard torn up. We are extending our patio and adding fire pits, planters and seating areas. Big project. Take care, xx

• Like 15

Good Sunday morning everyone and thanks Rich and Roy for your lists.  Love the quote and the days to celebrate, I hope the roses last a week!  The drink of the day is on my list for summer, we only have small watermelons 🍉 in the stores right now.  Another dusting of snow overnight, I don't mind it, but I sure dislike the cold.  DH usually shovels all the neighbour's sidewalks, today he was picky.  I will watch the Super Bowl, it doesn't matter much who wins as I was rooting for the Bills!  My best to those on Roy's lists and I hope one day to be on a HAL ship captained by Sabine.  May the best team win!🏈

• Like 17