The Daily for Sunday Feb 7, 2021

richwmn

39 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@cat shepard Good Morning sweet sister. Thank you for keeping me and our western sister in thought. 🥰 know I think of you two each day and love you muchly!

All is well. Allen's 2nd shot is Wednesday, my 2nd is due on the 24th.

Having our back yard torn up. We are extending our patio and adding fire pits, planters and seating areas. Big project. Take care, xx

Hi Joy! Glad you two will soon be finished with the vaccine routine.  Goog luck with your project! Loved my fire pit in Maryland. Not sure I would ever use one here.

Stay well! ❤️

• Like 5

Good morning, and thanks for the Daily.

It is a brisk 14 degrees here this morning, but after seeing the numbers that @ger_77 is facing we aren't so inclined to complain.

We'll be rooting for the Chiefs today, but will really just hope for a good game whatever the outcome.

Roy, wishing you luck with your brother. We had a similar experience with a family member, and it can get frustrating to say the least. Hope it works out well for him in the end.

For it to be Rose day is rather poignant. I had a talk with a childhood friend yesterday. Her name is Rose and she just lost her mother, also Rose, to cancer. So I will be thinking of Roses today.

Please stay safe and healthy... and warm. Sunnier days are coming.

George

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone from a rainy day at the beach. We had some heavy thunderstorms overnite with tornado warnings. However it is not cold like other places, so no complaints here!

Hope the weather is better in Tampa.

Not a big football fan, I prefer baseball. My family however follow all sports so I guess I will be watching.  I have always had a softspot for the Bucs.  DH took DS to his first NFL game as a kid to Tampa to see the Bucs. Even though we are former New Englanders,  ( Patriots are their team) they both have always followed the Bucs. Hope they win!

Roy- thanks for putting my refrigerator on the celebration list!  

Stay safe wear your masks and enjoy the Big Game!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Looks like Miss Statendam is hanging off Ft Lauderdale.   Visible on Hilton cam.

😎I'm so hoping ( wishing, looking forward to ) that everything goes well and the Nieuw Statendam is in Europe by the time my husband and I are scheduled for a cruise in September. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@cat shepard Good Morning sweet sister. Thank you for keeping me and our western sister in thought. 🥰 know I think of you two each day and love you muchly!

All is well. Allen's 2nd shot is Wednesday, my 2nd is due on the 24th.

Having our back yard torn up. We are extending our patio and adding fire pits, planters and seating areas. Big project. Take care, xx

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.png.c773e9352827f6040dd1f2cb0f538586.png

Good morning to my sisters!! I also think of you guys everyday, and especially now!! Been back from Mammoth since the 28th of January. I have been helping with vaccine 

distribution giving shots and I get my 2nd 

shot on the 17th! 
So much on everyone’s plates at this time! Love to all. 
Rich 🌺

Roy 🌺 

Jacqui🌺

Summer🌺

🌺And to all on CC (even if you don’t know who I am!)! Please stay safe and double mask during these times.

Denise🙂

• Like 19

16 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

🥶🥶🥶 For us today is not Super Bowl day, but "Super Cold" day.

307316024_Feb07_2021.thumb.jpg.f153de84b28e97ceca99ca160f1ff83f.jpg

Record cold snap and it was not only cold outside, but also inside - as our power went out at 3:00am and didn't come back on till 7:30am!!!!

Welcome back. I cannot even imagine having no power with that temp. Glad it came back on. Imagine the poor crews out in those temps.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning to my sisters!! I also think of you guys everyday, and especially now!! Been back from Mammoth since the 28th of January. I have been helping with vaccine 

shot on the 17th! 
Rich 🌺

Roy 🌺 

Jacqui🌺

Summer🌺

🌺And to all on CC (even if you don’t know who I am!)! Please stay safe and double mask during these times.

Denise🙂

Welcome back!
Hope David, Shawn & Paisley are all well. Bless you for volunteering!

• Like 8

Thank you for the Daily and prayers to all in need.🙏

Happy Super Bowl Sunday 🏈! I'm looking forward to seeing the young Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman reciting an original poem at the pregame ceremony today. Additionally, I'm pleased to hear that the NFL is sending nurses and healthcare workers around the country to the Super Bowl as a big THANK YOU for everything they have done during these challenging times! 😊

20210206_220236.jpg

• Like 13

It is -13F in MN right now but the temps should skyrocket up to -1 this afternoon! @GeorgeCharlie - you should come on down to warm up. The rest of the week is not looking to get much better; Tuesday has a forecasted high of 4F and it just goes down from there (-8 on Friday).

Not sure what to make for dinner but I certainly will try to avoid having to do any grocery shopping.

These flowers from St. James Park in London make me feel slightly warmer -

1560645431_StJamesPark.thumb.jpg.8f0ce90ab6f15f72349f61c2e5b29065.jpgP3290861.thumb.JPG.90f707aa7ae792486e239cf3598587d8.JPGP3290862.thumb.JPG.2506cc390476f4bd8c3e82414cc77715.JPG

• Like 21

Good morning.  I almost hate to say from a sunny southwest Arizona.  Right now it is 40F and is supposed to get into the low 70s this afternoon.  Like the quote and the meal suggestions.  Since it’s Super Bowl day, we’ll have chili for supper with garlic bread and wine.

We’ re not big football fans — except for the University of Texas — but will watch some of the game for the commercials.  We’ll also watch at least part of the puppy bowl.

@rafinmd Roy sorry your brother is having back problems.  Hope it is not serious and can be fixed easily and quickly. 

Enjoyed the pictures of the snow they way I like it — from a far.  Now a fan of cold weather.

Could not see the picture either.

Lenda

• Like 16

37 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

This could apply to some Super Bowl viewers.

0?ui=2&ik=c31965ada6&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1691046128118881671&th=1777cd7e75535d87&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_aEK5FVjcyomysD_eViSw24KWWgbPAHqM06lSGEnT73yAL0yR8TpI7T5rXTDXdrKZrz72h2y-KUG9BzZy97Y61Zkjsz80VoCWI0-ffAGJes1q1hzx-Lnq4dyM&disp=emb

For those that cannot see the picture it says:

The most important parts of the Super Bowl are the commercials and the food.

I really do not care who makes the most baskets.

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I'll watch some of the Super Bowl. Hopefully people don't host parties that turn into virus spreading events. Sending cards these days is tough as it takes a long time for delivery. Love roses.

It's cold here, and will be for the next week or more. Brrrr.

I think maybe homemade pizza for dinner.

I should be writing down some of the wines to try in future. We have state stores here for alcohol although some groceries are starting to carry it. Right now I'm not drinking due to meds.

@rafinmd I'm hoping your brother improves significantly. 

Prayers for the Care list and cheers for the Celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your mask!

• Like 16

Thank you Rich, Roy, the drinks ladies, recipes and all who enjoy this thread.

Looks like a day without rain and maybe even a sun sighting in the afternoon.  Temps in the mid 40s for the day.  Had a nice walk around the golf course.

Loved the quote.  Not a football fan.  Love getting and sending cards.  Our rose garden is growing.  Maybe a new bush rose this year. 

Prayers for those who need them and best wishes to all.

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Record cold snap and it was not only cold outside, but also inside - as our power went out at 3:00am and didn't come back on till 7:30am!!!!

YIKES 😱 Certainly not a time to lose power 😔 Glad you got it back and hope your house warms up fast 🤞 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Welcome back!
Hope David, Shawn & Paisley are all well. Bless you for volunteering!

image.thumb.jpeg.e7318319e70f2591678c0ccd3e24dc05.jpeg🥰 We are doing well!!!I Sorry for not being on CC for so long. I haven’t stopped painting as it is my refuge when I need to wind down!

This is another great volunteer a ICU nurse that has been such a support with 

Covid vaccines! I took a photo of her and then did my painting! Gave it to her as a gift .Hope Bindi is taking good care of you!!  I will try to take time to get back on here!

❤️ You

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

YIKES 😱 Certainly not a time to lose power 😔 Glad you got it back and hope your house warms up fast 🤞 

The power has been on for a couple of hours, so all's OK - for now!!

The cold is expected to hang around for the next 2 or 3 days, hopefully the power behaves itself.🤞🤞

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e7318319e70f2591678c0ccd3e24dc05.jpeg🥰 We are doing well!!!I Sorry for not being on CC for so long. I haven’t stopped painting as it is my refuge when I need to wind down!

This is another great volunteer a ICU nurse that has been such a support with 

Covid vaccines! I took a photo of her and then did my painting! Gave it to her as a gift .Hope Bindi is taking good care of you!!  I will try to take time to get back on here!

❤️ You

Denise !! Love you sister! Both posting the same day in a long time!

Such a beautiful painting. I'm very proud of you for volunteering for shots.

Love to David and "the kids". 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

For those that cannot see the picture it says:

The most important parts of the Super Bowl are the commercials and the food.

I really do not care who makes the most baskets.

Yup -- this is me!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

shot on the 17th! 
Rich 🌺

Roy 🌺 

Jacqui🌺

Summer🌺

Denise🙂

Welcome back and thank you for your service.

Roy

• Like 7