HAL will have at least half their fleet cruising by......

KirkNC

HAL Cruising Poll   

133 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think HAL will have five ships deployed for cruises (1/2 the fleet)?

• 3rd Qtr 2021
    • 4th Qtr 2021
    • 1st Qtr 2022
    • 2nd Qtr 2022
    • 3rd Qtr 2022
    • 4th Qtr 2022
    • Never

I believe the current and expected elongation of the startup is going to result in some significant changes in the industry.    For Carnival Corp and RCI  (Nov30 and Dec 31 YE's)  it will mean one complete fiscal year of virtually no operating revenue. 

This is a hard nut to crack.  At the very least I would expect more ships to go and a further dilution of the stock.  

4 hours ago, iancal said:

I believe the current and expected elongation of the startup is going to result in some significant changes in the industry.    For Carnival Corp and RCI  (Nov30 and Dec 31 YE's)  it will mean one complete fiscal year of virtually no operating revenue. 

This is a hard nut to crack.  At the very least I would expect more ships to go and a further dilution of the stock.  

I wonder at what point the markets close up to further $$$$.  The dilution of CCL stock has been massive and the amount of debt issued boggles  the mind.  I don’t know how they can service that debt and still have an EPS that is attractive to investors.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 1

With everyone in my family over 65 yrs old already vaccinated with one shot, & 2nd shot will be completed by mid Feb, I think HAL with an older crowd than most other lines will be first to reopen cruising, esp to northern Europe.  Maybe those smaller Northern European countries will have most of their population vaccinated & ready to receive cruise ship passengers.  Most likely the first cruises will be adults only, right after school restarts in the Fall 2021.... 

• Like 1

I keep seeing people talk about getting their shots and boarding a ship, but the real key to getting cruising going again is having someplace to go. While there is a group of folks that just want to board and will accept cruises to no-where, that is not going to fly for us. We cruise to see new and interesting places. The various ports have to be willing to allow the cruise ships to dock and passengers to freely get off. I for one want to be able to get off the ship on my own, if it pleases me to. 

Rollout of vaccines in the EU is going even slower than the US or UK and I have not seen any stats for the Caribbean Islands area. 

Our criteria for getting on a cruise ship again are: 

1. Vaccinations required for all crew and passengers 
  2. Ports to visit, places to see
  3. No mandatory ship excursions

We might put up with mask wearing, but the 3 conditions listed above have to be in place first.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, drowelf said:

I keep seeing people talk about getting their shots and boarding a ship, but the real key to getting cruising going again is having someplace to go. While there is a group of folks that just want to board and will accept cruises to no-where, that is not going to fly for us. We cruise to see new and interesting places. The various ports have to be willing to allow the cruise ships to dock and passengers to freely get off. I for one want to be able to get off the ship on my own, if it pleases me to. 

Rollout of vaccines in the EU is going even slower than the US or UK and I have not seen any stats for the Caribbean Islands area. 

Our criteria for getting on a cruise ship again are: 

1. Vaccinations required for all crew and passengers 
  2. Ports to visit, places to see
  3. No mandatory ship excursions

We might put up with mask wearing, but the 3 conditions listed above have to be in place first.

That pretty much sums us up as well.