HAL will have at least half their fleet cruising by......

KirkNC

HAL Cruising Poll   

133 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think HAL will have five ships deployed for cruises (1/2 the fleet)?

• 3rd Qtr 2021
    • 4th Qtr 2021
    • 1st Qtr 2022
    • 2nd Qtr 2022
    • 3rd Qtr 2022
    • 4th Qtr 2022
    • Never

58 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Let us know if it tells you anything!😳

Have been using it since the start of the pandemic and it hasn't told me anything yet 🙂 I figure, what the hell, HAL has my phone number and they will let me know when they are ready to feed me again! 

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KirkNC said:

So we all had so much fun with the “will you cruise early” poll (over 200 votes) and I am bored so I thought this could be another interesting poll.  

I voted 1st qtr 2022, so let's hope that would mean Jan. 1..

• Like 1

I voted for 3rd Quarter of 2022 because the question dealt with "half the fleet" sailing by a certain date.

I think sometime in the 2nd Quarter of 2022, one ship, maybe two, might start Alaska cruises early in that season.  3rd Quarter, 2022, Canada/New England would open allowing one  ship with another ship sailing a VOV itinerary.  

Meanwhile, in Florida, one ship sailing a 7 day cruise and another sailing a 10 day or 11 day Caribbean or partial Panama Canal itinerary.  

That's not half the current fleet, I know.  Elsewhere in the world for ship deployment:  ??  Grand Voyages in 2022:  Personally, I wouldn't start making a packing list.  

• Like 1

We are being optimistic.  By the end of Q1/22 for five ships.

Indeed, unless of course their are changes amalgamations or changes to various cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. umbrella.  Always a possibility in these uncertain times.

9 minutes ago, iancal said:

We are being optimistic.  By the end of Q1/22 for five ships.

Indeed, unless of course their are changes amalgamations or changes to various cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. umbrella.  Always a possibility in these uncertain times.

I am surprised by your optimism!

• Like 1

My guess?   Q1 2022 - ie January -ish.   I will even go further and name ships.  Koningsdam for Mex Riviera, and Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, and Rotterdam VII doing Caribbean-something-or-anothers. Higher capacities, and lower ALB costs, and best potential for onboard revenue generation.  Selfishly, I am hoping my booked 14 + 4 day Rotterdam TA and HMC / Key West loop goes,  but rn,  I am somewhat doubtful ...    Scott. 

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I voted for 3rd Quarter of 2022 because the question dealt with "half the fleet" sailing by a certain date.

I think sometime in the 2nd Quarter of 2022, one ship, maybe two, might start Alaska cruises early in that season.  3rd Quarter, 2022, Canada/New England would open allowing one  ship with another ship sailing a VOV itinerary.  

Meanwhile, in Florida, one ship sailing a 7 day cruise and another sailing a 10 day or 11 day Caribbean or partial Panama Canal itinerary.  

That's not half the current fleet, I know.  Elsewhere in the world for ship deployment:  ??  Grand Voyages in 2022:  Personally, I wouldn't start making a packing list.  

I started making a packing list for the 2015 Grand Africa Voyage, I have kept updating it for the 2020, 2021, and 2022 GAV's, and I continue to be optimistic about HAL sailings in the third quarter of 2022!

• Like 2

I am hoping that cruising begins to start up by the end of Q1/22 but that in no way infers that we would be willing to board a cruise ship at that time.  It will be much longer for us.  Too early to tell at the moment.  No rush whatsoever.   

I do not believe that we are even halfway down this covid road.   No doubt there will be lots of twists and turns yet to come.  The notion that everyone gets a vaccination in the next few months and all will be fine is far, far from realistic. 

The good news is that scientists are identifying the mutations, hopefully adjusting vaccines accordingly and there are apparently remedies being developed and tested that will greatly reduce the impact for those  who have contracted the virus.   

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, iancal said:

I am hoping that cruising begins to start up by the end of Q1/22 but that in no way infers that we would be willing to board a cruise ship at that time.  It will be much longer for us.  Too early to tell at the moment.  No rush whatsoever.   

I do not believe that we are even halfway down this covid road.   No doubt there will be lots of twists and turns yet to come.  The notion that everyone gets a vaccination in the next few months and all will be fine is far, far from realistic. 

The good news is that scientists are identifying the mutations, hopefully adjusting vaccines accordingly and there are apparently remedies being developed and tested that will greatly reduce the impact for those  who have contracted the virus.   

I am sure you will begin to see changes by the CDC regarding those who have received both doses of the vaccine and have waited the 14 days after the 2nd dose soon. As the former FDA head said yesterday he believes supply will exceed demand by the end of May possibly June. I don't think the future is that bleak. If you total the population of all of the Caribbean islands the cruise ships go to it probably doesn't exceed a million people. I think those islands, possibly with financial assistance from the cruise lines, will be able to have a significant majority of their populations vaccinated by the beginning of the 4th qtr.  

Edited by Laminator

9 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I think HAL will be sailing by Dec.1, 2021, so that it can take advantage of the peak Holiday cruising season.

I hope you're right in that we are booked for Dec 5. That being said, I am hoping they have had sailing for at least a month before then.  It would be scary to think that they start shortly before a peak like the holiday season.