Suite Selection on Deck 8- Noise

Bellaggio Cruisers

Hope someone can help me. We just booked a cruise on Nautica. Jerusalem to Venice September 4, 2022. I am having trouble selecting a penthouse suite. I don’t care if it a penthouse 1,  2 or 3 category.  Looking to avoid as much noise from above, as possible. All recommendations are welcomed. Thank you. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

Avoid port side ( odd number cabins) from mid way under Terrace through Waves.

In the Terrace they seem to roll carts through the restaurant starting at very early times. One can hear the carts rolling over head. 

Early wakers love to go to Waves and look out. Part of the routine is to drag chairs around, which for some reason echoes through the cabins below. The cabins below Waves can be worst, weather depending, than those below the Terrace.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Avoid port side ( odd number cabins) from mid way under Terrace through Waves.

In the Terrace they seem to roll carts through the restaurant starting at very early times. One can hear the carts rolling over head. 

Early wakers love to go to Waves and look out. Part of the routine is to drag chairs around, which for some reason echoes through the cabins below. The cabins below Waves can be worst, weather depending, than those below the Terrace.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure Waves is on the Starboard side. Maybe a typo, or I'm not understanding what you're saying. 

To the OP, 8000 or 8002 are both pretty far forward. As long as you are okay with movement they should be fine, if not perhaps something more towards the middle, but not too far. 

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Yes, those would work. Just as long as you know that you may have a bit more motion in rough seas. I would take one of them.

I hope the seas are calm in the Med in September. So which of the two are better? I will go with one of these.... thanks. 

Sheila

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I hope the seas are calm in the Med in September. So which of the two are better? I will go with one of these.... thanks. 

Sheila

I would go with 8002 if it was me. Should be nice in Sept. That and May are my fav time to visit the Med. Fewer crowds and not as hot.

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure Waves is on the Starboard side. Maybe a typo, or I'm not understanding what you're saying. 

To the OP, 8000 or 8002 are both pretty far forward. As long as you are okay with movement they should be fine, if not perhaps something more towards the middle, but not too far. 

Just now, TrulyBlonde said:

I would go with 8002 if it was me. Should be nice in Sept. That and May are my fav time to visit the Med. Fewer crowds and not as hot.

Thanks to both of you.... we will book 8002. 
sheila

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ORV said:

I guess some are not boaters 😉

port / left /even  all 4 letters good way to remember

We stayed in 8002 on Insignia.  This cabin is right next to a door that some of the crew use.  I found it to be noisy early in the morning, when people were opening and closing the door and talking in the hallway as they met other crew members using the door.

I have a problem with motion sickness and found it worse with the location of this cabin.  

On 2/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, LHT28 said:

I guess some are not boaters 😉

port / left /even  all 4 letters good way to remember

Yep, don’t know where that brain fart came from! 😞.

When I lived in Youngstown , NY, loved to sail my Catalina 30 a couple times per season across the Lake to Center Island in Toronto for long weekends. Shortest runs for over nights to Whelan was always a treat. 

Actually know starboard from port! 🙃 A geriatric moment!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Yep, don’t know where that brain fart came from! 😞.

When I lived in Youngstown , NY, loved to sail my Catalina 30 a couple times per season across the Lake to Center Island in Toronto for long weekends. Shortest runs for over nights to Whelan was always a treat. 

Actually know starboard from port! 🙃 A geriatric moment!

At least you got to go someplace  we were locked on Lake Simcoe  😄