June 2021 Alaska Cruise Final Payment Date Change

fsdj1097

I have two bookings aboard the Koningsdam for Alaska in June.  Today I received emails for both bookings announcing that the final payment date had changed from 90 days to 60 days before sailing.

Just curious if anyone else had received these emails?

1 hour ago, fsdj1097 said:

I have two bookings aboard the Koningsdam for Alaska in June.  Today I received emails for both bookings announcing that the final payment date had changed from 90 days to 60 days before sailing.

Sorry I have no answer as to why they would do this, but wanted to add that your question seemed like deja vu for me because I had just read this post below by ZoeyVictoria over on the Princess board LOL 😄

"I received an email from Princess advising that my final payment date for a May 22, 2021 sailing has been changed from ninety days to sixty days prior to sailing". 

So it looks like someone did get the same email but from another line!

You may recall, that last year, HAL changed final payment dates to 60 days for pretty much all itins, and was extended for voyages departing up to 30 April 2021.   Attached is the trade notice for that from last year. I've checked just now and haven't seen any updates to trade yet, but I expect they are coming, especially if pax are already receiving comms about the extensions.   Scott. 

1014429368_Screenshot2021-02-11at16_18_14.png.b0620d8b3b414951b0d3893c2278440c.png

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 2

Certain future cruisers as cranky because they feel some Cruise lines are still taking $Deposit$ money for 2021 cruises the Company isn’t even advertising anymore. My HAL rep told me in a Feb 4th ?? Phone conversation that my Fall 2021 ALASKA cruises are NOT sailing. 

I am sure my May 30th cruise out of Vancouver is toast, even if they get Canada to lift the ban, it probably wouldn't happen till August.  

The question I have, is last year when they cancelled I was fully paid and took the 125% FCC.  Their policy is below, will I get a bigger FCC if I am paid or not paid in full???  What do they define as deposit?  I paid a $350 deposit to book, so would I only get a $700 FCC?  My cruise total paid would be $5,200 minus port fees and taxes the fare is about $4,500, which if they do the 125% again would be about $1,100.  Did they move the date so they could cancel before I paid and give me less money???

What are your thoughts?

Guests Automatically Receive Bonus Future Cruise Credit
Cruises impacted automatically will be canceled, and no action is needed when opting for the Future Cruise Credit. All guests will receive an FCC per person as follows:

• Paid in Full: Those who have paid in full will receive 125% FCC of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.

• Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive an FCC of double the amount of their deposit. The minimum FCC is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.

20 hours ago, fsdj1097 said:

We received the same thing for our May 29 sailing on Koningsdam.  But the losses if WE cancel dates did not change.