QV or QE Queens Grill Cabin Advise Please

tcdcruiser

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

They are all fabulous but my personal favourites are the suites on deck 8 aft they are super large and balconies are huge but it’s all down to personal choice whichever you choose you I’m sure you will enjoy very much 

They are Q4 though arent they and not Q5 or Q6.

Morning,

We've done Q5 and Q4 on QV and much prefer the Q5 cabins.

These are the 'corner' ones so afford a 270' view. They seem to be bigger than a Q4, and have very decent sized balconies. (Those on Deck 4 have even deeper balconies).

Ok there's more noticeable movement, but we're on a ship!!

Not done a Q6 but gather they are very decent in size cabins. Good sized balconies and rear facing.

The stern Deck 8 Cabins on QV were only added when the ship was refitted a couple of years ago, and pics of them look very nice indeed, which is prob why they attract a Q4 grading.

But, whatever cabin you go for you'll have a great time!

• Like 1

I can't comment on which QV or QE Queens Grill suites are best since we book Britannia grade cabins. But since we've been discussing which staterooms are Q4, Q5 and Q6, it may be worth revisiting an issue with the QV deck plans which we discussed last year on a "Victoria and Elizabeth Q3 or Q4?" thread.

As has been mentioned here, the current QV deck plans do indeed show the aft suites on deck 8 as being category Q4 (Penthouse). However, if you try to book one of those suites, I think you will find they are actually priced as category Q5 and Q6 (Queens Suites).

And there is one further anomaly. On deck 8 aft of QV, the outer two and the middle of those five suites (8174, 8178 and 8179) are priced as the less expensive Q6 suites. The other two suites (8176 and 8181) are the more expensive Q5 suites.

Here is what I am seeing for the Queens Grill suite categories on decks 4, 5 and 8 aft of QV.

Current QV Deck Plan (Incorrect/Outdated)

1296927436_QVAftQ4-Q6SuitesCurrentDeckPl

Actual QV Deck Plan (Corrected by Me)

1373231279_QVAftQ5-Q6SuitesActualDeckPla

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I can't comment on which QV or QE Queens Grill suites are best since we book Britannia grade cabins. But since we've been discussing which staterooms are Q4, Q5 and Q6, it may be worth revisiting an issue with the QV deck plans which we discussed last year on a "Victoria and Elizabeth Q3 or Q4?" thread.

As has been mentioned here, the current QV deck plans do indeed show the aft suites on deck 8 as being category Q4 (Penthouse). However, if you try to book one of those suites, I think you will find they are actually priced as category Q5 and Q6 (Queens Suites).

And there is one further anomaly. On deck 8 aft of QV, the outer two and the middle of those five suites (8174, 8178 and 8179) are priced as the less expensive Q6 suites. The other two suites (8176 and 8181) are the more expensive Q5 suites.

Here is what I am seeing for the Queens Grill suite categories on decks 4, 5 and 8 aft of QV.

So if what you are saying is that Cunard's current website is incorrect as it shows all aft suites on deck 8 as Q4.

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

So if what you are saying is that Cunard's current website is incorrect as it shows all aft suites on deck 8 as Q4.

That appears to be the case. There's definitely an inconsistency somewhere, either with the deck plans or with the way the QV deck 8 aft suites are being priced.

Submitted as evidence are the following per-person base fares quoted on the Cunard US website for double occupancy of the QV aft suites on decks 4, 5 and 8 for voyage V221. I've listed those aft suites here in the order they appear reading from left to right on the deck plans.

For comparison, I've also priced several suites on that same voyage mid-forward, mid and mid-aft on deck 7 of QV which are shown as category Q4 on the deck plans.

Cabin  Fare   Deck Plan  Priced As

4188   $5999     Q5         Q5

4190   $5749     Q6         Q6

4192   $5749     Q6         Q6

4191   $5749     Q6         Q6

4189   $5999     Q5         Q5

5190   $5999     Q5         Q5

5192   $5749     Q6         Q6

5194   $5749     Q6         Q6

5191   $5749     Q6         Q6

5189   $5999     Q5         Q5

8174   $5749     Q4         Q6

8176   $5999     Q4         Q5

8178   $5749     Q4         Q6

8181   $5999     Q4         Q5

8179   $5749     Q4         Q6

7048   $6249     Q4         Q4

7051   $6249     Q4         Q4

7080   $6249     Q4         Q4

7095   $6249     Q4         Q4

7088   $6249     Q4         Q4

7103   $6249     Q4         Q4

I've observed this category/pricing anomaly on various QV voyages since last summer although it may have been around longer than that. Voyage V221 happens to illustrate this particularly well at the moment since all of the Queens Grill suites on decks 4, 5 and 8 aft of QV are currently available for that particular voyage.

I've also spot-checked some of this inconsistency with the category/pricing on the Cunard UK website, so it does not appear to be an issue specific to the US website.

• 5 months later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:33 AM, bluemarble said:

I'm reviving this thread since I see there are now "_July2021" versions of the deck plans posted on the Cunard website. Thankfully there is a link to the QV deck plans document from the "Queen Victoria" page of the Cunard US website once again. That link had been missing from the US website for quite a while.

The only substantive difference I've noticed in the new deck plans for any of the ships is that the QV deck plans have corrected this issue with how the deck 8 aft suites are graded. The new QV deck plans now show those suites as categories Q5/Q6 (rather than Q4) as indicated above in the "Actual QV Deck Plan (Corrected by Me)" diagram.

However, if you select deck 8 to view from the "Deck plans" drop-down list on the "Queen Victoria" page, that diagram for deck 8 is still showing the aft suites colored-coded incorrectly as Q4. Oh well, as we've discussed before, there isn't a key provided when viewing the individual deck diagrams from the ships' pages, so you can't really tell what the colors mean in those diagrams anyway.

Here's a link to the updated QV deck plans pdf document for reference.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/inventory-assets/ships/QV/9/QV_accessible_deckplan_July2021.pdf