CoCo Beach Club: Floating Cabanas

gabeb848

This June we (my group) are looking forward to an Oasis OTS cruise that takes a stop at CoCo Cay!!! Everyone is looking forward to it, but I was wondering what your guys' opinions on the floating cabanas were. We would split the price between everyone, and we would probably have some people relaxing there most of the time we are at the Cay. Just wanting your experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks!

rawImage.jpg

P.S. If they're worth it, Can you reserve them? [(We have the royal Genie)(We would be fine with having other party members pay us back.)] If so, which are best, closer to land or further out? (I thought the one on the far right looked best in my opinion.) Lastly, do they rock a lot, my dad gets seasickhttps://cruiseline.com/images/emoticon-5.png.

19 minutes ago, gabeb848 said:

This June we (my group) are looking forward to an Oasis OTS cruise that takes a stop at CoCo Cay!!! Everyone is looking forward to it, but I was wondering what your guys' opinions on the floating cabanas were. We would split the price between everyone, and we would probably have some people relaxing there most of the time we are at the Cay. Just wanting your experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks!

rawImage.jpg

P.S. If they're worth it, Can you reserve them? [(We have the royal Genie)(We would be fine with having other party members pay us back.)] If so, which are best, closer to land or further out? (I thought the one on the far right looked best in my opinion.) Lastly, do they rock a lot, my dad gets seasickhttps://*****/images/emoticon-5.png.

Reserve them through the cruise planner.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gabeb848 said:

like our travel agent?

No, you access your cruise planner through Royals  website.  From there you can purchase things fir the cruise.  Specialty dining, shore excursions drink packages, internet etc....

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 minutes ago, gabeb848 said:

@Ourusualbeach I thought you could book the excursions through your Royal Genie or travel agent. Also, the internet, specialty dining, and beverage packages are all included with star class!😂 Thanks for the suggestions though!

image.png

Your genie can only book those on board.  If you wait until you are on board you run the risk of things being sold out. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I'm not sure when you book an over the water cabana you can specify exactly which one is assigned to you. I believe it's a random assignment but once onboard you may be able to find out prior to arrival in Coco Cay....Probably very much like Labadee when we've booked a cabana there.

21 minutes ago, gabeb848 said:

Now, does anyone have actual experiences on them, are they worth the price?

Their always worth the price for our immediate/extended family...not so sure they would be if it was just the two of us.

• Thanks 1

The floating cabanas were not ready when we sailed so we booked the beach cabanas in the private area. They were great and well worth the cost for the 7 of us. (we split the total cost) Our cabana attendant wasn't worth what we tipped him but ooh well, we were on vacation, after all! No shirt, no shoes, no problems!!  He told us he'd bring lunch at 12:00 but by 1 we just picked up our own. Then at 2 pm, here he comes with a tray of food.....(hated to waste it so we made the men eat more burgers!!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mailmama said:

The floating cabanas were not ready when we sailed so we booked the beach cabanas in the private area. They were great and well worth the cost for the 7 of us. (we split the total cost) Our cabana attendant wasn't worth what we tipped him but ooh well, we were on vacation, after all! No shirt, no shoes, no problems!!  He told us he'd bring lunch at 12:00 but by 1 we just picked up our own. Then at 2 pm, here he comes with a tray of food.....(hated to waste it so we made the men eat more burgers!!) 

Hmmm...two hours late !!...My tip would have taken that into consideration.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm not sure when you book an over the water cabana you can specify exactly which one is assigned to you. I believe it's a random assignment but once onboard you may be able to find out prior to arrival in Coco Cay....Probably very much like Labadee when we've booked a cabana there.

I believe you are correct. When we booked ours for August this year, RCI told me that the cabanas are assigned in the order of reservation. I am not sure if Genie Powers can supersede that policy though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Your genie can only book those on board.  If you wait until you are on board you run the risk of things being sold out. 

On 2/17/2021 at 12:31 AM, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Yes, your TA may be able to book things for you.

I would suggest better that they book for themselves as they can watch for price drops.  Their TA, would most likely not, especially since they are booked Star Class. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

Check out the videos on YouTube -  Harr Travel gives a really good overview of Coco Beach Club, Floating Cabanas Full Walkthrough Tour & Review,  Perfect Day Coco Cay. 

Also check out Trev and Chels on YouTube they actually go on the slide and try all of the food.

Last time we were there the area was still under construction.

From what I understand book asap bc the prices go up as demand increases.

1 hour ago, TLG40 said:

Check out the videos on YouTube -  Harr Travel gives a really good overview of Coco Beach Club, Floating Cabanas Full Walkthrough Tour & Review,  Perfect Day Coco Cay. 

Also check out Trev and Chels on YouTube they actually go on the slide and try all of the food.

Last time we were there the area was still under construction.

From what I understand book asap bc the prices go up as demand increases.

I love Danny from Harr Travel!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For my cruise in September, they are showing the cabana's bookable on Royal's site, but it is trying to charge a per person rate of $1,199! That should not be per person, and I assume they have messed up, unless I am really out of touch with the new pricing!?