Feeling flat today-is there any hope of a 2021/22 cruise?

jspitz1

We have a November 2021 cruise within Australia and an October 2022 cruise on Harmony of the seas booked in the Caribbean and I wonder if either will sail?  We have always had a cruise to look forward to but today I'm feeling like there is no end in in sight for cancellations and travel outside Australia.  I have been working as a nurse through a difficult year of COVID, and feel fortunate that we never had the cases like the U.S./Europe, but now, even with the vaccine finally being rolled out in Australia next week, I wonder if our borders will open in the next 1-3 years?  We still have thousands of Australians unable to return home, so I can't imagine opening our borders for cruising is going to happen anytime soon.  I am grateful we are relatively safe from COVID in Australia, but still having a flat day.......

• Like 4

We have all had those days during this pandemic. And who knew it would go on this long? Thank you for your care of others as a frontline worker. I think we can only hope that as the vaccines get rolled out, that the situation will improve and some of the restrictions will be lifted. 

We have a December 2021 cruise booked leaving from a US port. We hope it is a go. International travel seemed like it might be iffy for a while. 

I hope you feel better soon. Does your job offer a counseling service? It might cheer you up a bit, to have someone to talk to, besides internet friends. Although we are here for you. :classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jspitz1 said:

We have a November 2021 cruise within Australia and an October 2022 cruise on Harmony of the seas booked in the Caribbean and I wonder if either will sail?  We have always had a cruise to look forward to but today I'm feeling like there is no end in in sight for cancellations and travel outside Australia.  I have been working as a nurse through a difficult year of COVID, and feel fortunate that we never had the cases like the U.S./Europe, but now, even with the vaccine finally being rolled out in Australia next week, I wonder if our borders will open in the next 1-3 years?  We still have thousands of Australians unable to return home, so I can't imagine opening our borders for cruising is going to happen anytime soon.  I am grateful we are relatively safe from COVID in Australia, but still having a flat day.......

Hugs to you from Texas. I appreciate and admire you for serving others. Please know that there are lots of us having similar feelings!  PS - Could you manage a week or so off, to take care of YOU ?

Philippians 4:13

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Hugs to you from Texas. I appreciate and admire you for serving others. Please know that there are lots of us having similar feelings!  PS - Could you manage a week or so off, to take care of YOU ?

Philippians 4:13

We're thinking of you all in Texas at this time too.

• Like 3

"Sometimes its hard to know how to cross the street". This too in time will pass..................................................     I'm a retired nurse ,  spend some time for yourself , recharge.........and go on........

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jspitz1 said:

Thanks so much for your positive messages. I know this will pass and hopefully we,re all on the ocean again soon!

Cheers and nothing but good thoughts for our cruising friends down under. 

We all have bad days.  Sometimes I have good hours and bad hours.  As you have offered, this too will pass.

• Like 2

I hoping to be able to cruise in December 2021 in the Caribbean.  I'm not really optimistic about cruising resuming before September 2021 in the Caribbean.  I really don't have a feeling about other regions, but Im not planning on trying to travel to Europe before Summer 2022.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, jspitz1 said:

Thanks so much for your positive messages. I know this will pass and hopefully we,re all on the ocean again soon!

You're in my thoughts tonight.🌹 A prayer offered on your behalf also. We will get to the other side of this.

Hoping you're all right, in that there will be cruising by the end of the year for us all.  It would so lovely to have something to look forward to after such a challenging 2020/2021.  I think the hardest thing during all this has been the uncertainty of everything and not being able to plan and having something nice to think about doing at the end of all this.  I am very encouraged that the U.S. are talking about herd immunity soon.  Australia is finally starting vaccinations from Monday and I'm praying this will be the answer to stopping the constant lockdowns/holiday & event cancellations here in Oz.  I started planning this big family Caribbean cruise trip 2 years ago (to do it before my oldest son starts high school) and am hoping like crazy it might finally happen in 2022.  Good wishes to you all-so comforting to chat to other people feeling equally sad and frustrated about not being able to cruise!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

We have the Allure reservation for Sept this year, I know it is just a dream now but we our still holding out hope???

Last night I had a dream that we were on the very first Harmony sailing after they resumed. We were part of a flotilla of cruise ships leaving port at the same time and all the horns were blaring. Also we were sailing at 1/3 capacity. Of course it was too good to be true, but maybe I'm sensing something coming soon. 😃

• Like 2