Mandatory vaccination

armwinder

On 2/19/2021 at 8:54 AM, ace2542 said:

They should also not issue a refund for anyone who doesn't want the vaccination.

That statement is literally the rudest comment on this thread - and I have yet to read them all. Shameful to throw shade at other human beings who do not agree with your beliefs or simple train of thought.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agrimm01 said:

I think it's a great indicator for future activities.  It pretty much shows that shutting your economy down like NY, California and Ohio did over the last year doesn't really make you any safer from dying than having businesses open.

Let us not forget that Michigan has been on a very hard shut down and currently has the highest number of cases in the nation. 

May I suggest reading all the info on the Global Vaccination Summit that was held back Sept 2019. Also suggest you research each and every panel member fully. Note the three roundtables of...1. In Vaccines We Trust; 2. The Magic of Science; 3. Vaccines Protecting Everyone, Everywhere....

11 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Let us not forget that Michigan has been on a very hard shut down and currently has the highest number of cases in the nation. 

Michigan is not on a "very hard shut down." Not sure where this information is coming from.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KateQ22003 said:

Michigan is not on a "very hard shut down." Not sure where this information is coming from.

It’s not ‘information’ the way a rational person would normally view it.  As with much on social media, it’s something fabricated simply to push falsehoods, misinformation, and political agenda.  Too often, there is a grain of truth just to make it slightly credible but not enough to withstand real scrutiny.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Nope ... I’m here and this huge spike started once we opened back up a month ago . We’ve been stuck in house all winter and now it’s people gathering that is causing it along with the virus variants which is very high. We have Detroit which is our biggest problem area as the African American community isn’t keen on the vaccine and now our hospitals are filling with Covid patients again . They are not doing their part. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HarpHarp said:

I booked 2 cruises for next year, not leaving from Florida by my choice. I will keep an eye on the homeports as we get closer to departure.

Just got back from a weekend in Florida.  Not a dead body in sight.    Very few masks.  Restaurants open at full capacity.    Very much looking forward to the Alabama mandate ending this Friday.

Gallup poll indicates only 35% fearful of contactin COVID down from a Feb high of 59%.  As fear declines, so will support for those protocols.  BTW, what will you do if the cruise lines no longer require masks, social distancing, etc.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Just got back from a weekend in Florida.  Not a dead body in sight.    Very few masks.  Restaurants open at full capacity.    Very much looking forward to the Alabama mandate ending this Friday.

FL has done their level best to mangle cruising start up.  They started with thwarting the real COVID numbers in the state (to the point where they arrested the person responsible for posting the real numbers).  They’ve done their level best to keep any semblance of vaccine propagation and proof of inoculation policies from being instituted.

NCL, in instituting their vaccine requirements, have essentially said they won’t sail out of FL given the FL governor’s edict that no company can require it.

So much for FL being the cruise lines’ friend.

I want to sail from FL.  It’s (relatively) close to me.  But, FL isn’t cooperating in sticking to safe cruising standards.

So, making plans to sail from all other ports outside of those in FL.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Well, no dead bodies on the street, and no masks and 2 million cases is surely the measure of success ....That and one of the highest number of new virus cases 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Gallup poll indicates only 35% fearful of contactin COVID down from a Feb high of 59%.  As fear declines, so will support for those protocols.  BTW, what will you do if the cruise lines no longer require masks, social distancing, etc.

It's not being fearful, it's being educated. Florida hasn't seemed to learn anything from last spring break .  They now have one of the highest # of new cases, and leaving from FL requires a flight & at least an overnight stay, and after 2 postponements, I'm not chancing another one.  I wouldn't make plans to travel where there are outbreaks of Cholera, Dengue Fever or Ebola either. 
We are seeing science play out in real time. The new variants of the virus seems to be infecting younger people. This makes sense, since older people are more likely to be vaccinated and follow other protocols. The mutations that infect younger people now have an advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarpHarp said:

It's not being fearful, it's being educated. Florida hasn't seemed to learn anything from last spring break .  They now have one of the highest # of new cases, and leaving from FL requires a flight & at least an overnight stay, and after 2 postponements, I'm not chancing another one.  I wouldn't make plans to travel where there are outbreaks of Cholera, Dengue Fever or Ebola either. 
We are seeing science play out in real time. The new variants of the virus seems to be infecting younger people. This makes sense, since older people are more likely to be vaccinated and follow other protocols. The mutations that infect younger people now have an advantage.

I think you should change the channel a bit and not believe everything your fed.

If you are afraid - STAY HOME. Nobody is stopping you from living in your own bubble

If you are not afraid and are willing to take a chance - go out.

There is no science and until EVERYONE realizes that follow the science means shut up and listen to what I say - and don't argue... They will all be miserable and hiding in the closet.

The new strand...the double strand... the variant - all scare tactics to make people fear more and fight with each other. Politics is now the SCIENCE of divide and conquer.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Xrayest said:

That statement is literally the rudest comment on this thread - and I have yet to read them all. Shameful to throw shade at other human beings who do not agree with your beliefs or simple train of thought.  

I have a feeling what we may see in the future with insurance companies is that people who refuse to be vaccinated (not because of medical issues or religious convictions) may have to bear more of the expense for Covid care if hospitalization is needed if Covid is directly responsible for the hospital admission.

Then there is another scenario.......Those folks who refuse vaccination (not because of medical issues or religious convictions) may need to pay higher insurance premiums for care and hospitalization directly caused by Covid infection. As an example..........I remember very well, paying higher insurance premiums than my husband because I was a smoker at the time.

Just a gut feeling I have so don't take that to the bank. Just something to think about.

My opinion, of course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Nope ... I’m here and this huge spike started once we opened back up a month ago . We’ve been stuck in house all winter and now it’s people gathering that is causing it along with the virus variants which is very high. We have Detroit which is our biggest problem area as the African American community isn’t keen on the vaccine and now our hospitals are filling with Covid patients again . They are not doing their part. 

Just wondering why there is such reluctance with the black community?

I think the vast part of the solution would have been....Public Health Directive...Cease all main stream news media consumption immediately...you are subject to fine and/or jail time if you don't comply....and compliance will be monitored by the authorities.

21 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I think you should change the channel a bit and not believe everything your fed.

If you are afraid - STAY HOME. Nobody is stopping you from living in your own bubble

If you are not afraid and are willing to take a chance - go out.

There is no science and until EVERYONE realizes that follow the science means shut up and listen to what I say - and don't argue... They will all be miserable and hiding in the closet.

The new strand...the double strand... the variant - all scare tactics to make people fear more and fight with each other. Politics is now the SCIENCE of divide and conquer.  

I made my living producing and analyzing medical & scientific information and as I stated, am not fearful, since i booked 2 cruises last week. Why would you choose to sail out of Miami with a case rate per 100k ten times that of LA
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/florida
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map/california

• Like 1

I had my second shot 10 days ago and I should have paid attention to the tiny spec in the syringe. Since that day I have been hearing Bill Gates voice in my head telling me to dump my mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod etc and get back to windows stuff.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, vpearlkc said:

I had my second shot 10 days ago and I should have paid attention to the tiny spec in the syringe. Since that day I have been hearing Bill Gates voice in my head telling me to dump my mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod etc and get back to windows stuff.

ROTFLMAO. Too funny!

58 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Lots of historical context. 

I'd recommend reading up on the Tuskegee Syphilis Study as a starting point. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

Yes, I have heard of this. That was many years ago. This is a different time. I would think they would have allowed that to be a distant memory. The black community has come a LOOOOOOG way since that travesty to their community.

51 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I don't know what YouTube videos and FB posts you're looking at, because the ones I like all say you're definitely wrong and this is actually a plot to edit our DNA and control us by Oprah. 😉

You're joking, right?

As an aside, I don't read FB at all, In fact, I got rid of my account years ago.

1 hour ago, vpearlkc said:

The  voice is Little shaq!

• Like 1