LA Car Service?

MarkBearSF

We just booked a cruise out of San Pedro on the Ruby Princess on August 28, 2021. We'll be flying down to LAX. I'd like to pre-arrange a transfer between the airport and San Pedro pier (both directions). Does anyone have a recommended car service for LA?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Does Opoli pick up curbside at LAX?

Only "executive vehicles" can do curbside pick-up. LAX now has a new feature, LAX-it (pronounced LA exit) where everyone must go for a cab, uber, opoli or lyft. You can walk or take one of the shuttles that arrive every 5 minutes. https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Only "executive vehicles" can do curbside pick-up. LAX now has a new feature, LAX-it (pronounced LA exit) where everyone must go for a cab, uber, opoli or lyft. You can walk or take one of the shuttles that arrive every 5 minutes. https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

While the regular Ubers operate from LAX-it, Uber Black must be considered an executive service, as we were picked up curbside at LAX (Jan 2020).

14 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

While the regular Ubers operate from LAX-it, Uber Black must be considered an executive service, as we were picked up curbside at LAX (Jan 2020).

Yes, black car service and executive car service are one in the same.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:20 PM, CineGraphic said:

I know about LAX-it, that is why I asked and why I only recommend Uber Black and above usually for people cruising.

32 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I know about LAX-it, that is why I asked and why I only recommend Uber Black and above usually for people cruising.

Opoli has a black car service as well, they call it "executive" and the price is much better than Uber.

I just priced a trip from LAX to the Westin in Long Beach. For pick-up right now, Uber wants $96 for black car service, Opoli is $55. Both can pick up at the terminal.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Opoli has a black car service as well, they call it "executive" and the price is much better than Uber. I just priced a trip from LAX to the Westin in Long Beach. For pick-up right now, Uber wants $96 for black car service, Opoli is $55. Both can pick up at the terminal.

Good to know. I think curbside is essential for cruisers because they usually have more and bigger bags.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, CineGraphic said:

Opoli has a black car service as well, they call it "executive" and the price is much better than Uber.

I just priced a trip from LAX to the Westin in Long Beach. For pick-up right now, Uber wants $96 for black car service, Opoli is $55. Both can pick up at the terminal.

Thanks for this I think we will book them for our cruise in December.  I have an absolutely terrible sense of direction and have not flown into or out of LAX in years.  Will the curbside pick up be easy to find?  Well marked  lol.  

1 minute ago, scottca075 said:

Yes, it is color coded and I am sure the driver will have your cell number so it should be pretty easy.

Great!  I know there should be signage in the airport just want to make sure we exit in the right place so we're not back tracking or sprinting 😁