Cozumel for 1 1/2 weeks...questions, updates, advice

mitsugirly

We are going to Cozumel for Spring Break and looking to do everything we can (of course like always). 

Here's a list of the places we have been so far:

Chankanaab x2

Nachi Cocom

Playa Mia

Mr Sancho's

Passion Island

Playa Palancar

The Money Bar

Paradise Beach

Snorkeling & El Cielo boat tour

Private Jeep Rental to the west side and Punta Sur Park

I wouldn't mind returning to any of these and wondering what other places should we go to? We are a beach/water/snorkeling loving family!

Also, anyone have any suggestions on a dive company to do a Discover Scuba?

And...also parachuting (we absolutely loved it when we went to St Thomas last year and would like to do it again). 

Open to suggestions...TIA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

We are going to Cozumel for Spring Break and looking to do everything we can (of course like always). 

Chankanaab x2

Nachi Cocom

Playa Mia

Mr Sancho's

Passion Island

Playa Palancar

The Money Bar

Paradise Beach

I wouldn't mind returning to any of these and wondering what other places should we go to? We are a beach/water/snorkeling loving family!

And...also parachuting (we absolutely loved it when we went to St Thomas last year and would like to do it again). 

Since there have been no cruise ship visitors there has been very little activity on this forum since last year.

I think you will get much more useful and up to date information as to what is open and available from the Tripadvisor Cozumel forum, cozumel scubaboard and Cozumel 4 you FB. HTH.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:21 PM, mitsugirly said:

Chankanaab x2

Nachi Cocom

Playa Mia

Mr Sancho's

Passion Island

Playa Palancar

The Money Bar

Paradise Beach

Best shore snorkeling is a beach to the far right of money bar.  If you go to Punta Sur hire someone to take you out to the reef.  I did this yesterday.  200 meters out and hard to find on your own.  It's a tough swim over waves and current.  Its the one time I suggest a floatation device.  You must swim out.  No boats.  My husband went on his own and overshot it by quite a bit.  Here's where he ended up.  I will say its a feat of strength and a bucket list item for this 56 yr old!

20210301_120308A.jpg

Edited by jean87510

• 2 weeks later...

We flew into Cozumel in January and spent 3 weeks.  The island is very quiet and we were told several places were given to shut down again due to the lack of tourist.  I would say just go with the flow and go where you can that might be open. A lot of places on the main drag downtown were closed. We spent a lot of time at the Thirsty Cougar.   

I'm sorry I have no input to give.  I have been following your cruise adventures for years.  I just want to say that we are going on an all-inclusive to Cozumel in May - first time for AI, wish it were a cruise.  Anyway, I hope you share your adventures.  We would love input.  I think we're going to try and get our Scuba certificates while we're there.  We've done the beginners and wanted to get certified, but last year (2020) we were going to go for it on our cruise and of course we know what happened with that.  I will share what we experience in May with everyone here on CC. 

• Like 3