condition of Nautica

crusinbanjo

37 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Thank You!

You are a treasure here! So much better to get actual accurate info than wild assumptions.

🥂

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words..

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words..

Jancruz1

Jan, I’d like to say Thank You too. Always waiting for information posted by you. Nautica is our favourite ship. We just booked 2023 cruise - the new itinerary on the Nautica. We’ll love to sail on her no matter if she gets a new look by then.

3 hours ago, osandomir said:

Jan, I’d like to say Thank You too. Always waiting for information posted by you. Nautica is our favourite ship. We just booked 2023 cruise - the new itinerary on the Nautica. We’ll love to sail on her no matter if she gets a new look by then.

Thank you also and IMHO she should be spic and span for you in 23..

Jancruz1

15 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Nautica has not been redone recently and no date is set..

But Oceania never lets their ships look tired the upkeep is amazing..I would not be concerned about sailing on her..

Jancruz1

Thanks  Jan

You would have thought whilst she was in dry dock  they would have completed the NEXT  revamp at the same time 🤔

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks  Jan

You would have thought whilst she was in dry dock  they would have completed the NEXT  revamp at the same time 🤔

I think they do not want to spend the money to do it right now. Maintaining cash reserves is key to surviving the shutdown.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Nautica has not been redone recently and no date is set..

But Oceania never lets their ships look tired the upkeep is amazing..I would not be concerned about sailing on her..

Jancruz1

Jan

Thank you for your usual high quality information.

As an aside, it's nice to have confirmation that the advice provided by the 'O' rep and the status report on CC were both accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DW and I booked to sail from Dubai to Istanbul in May 2023. It would have been our first Nautica cruise. However about a week ago we received a notice that we weren't going to Turkey (a bucket list entry) and instead are sailing across the Mediterranean from Haifa to Barcelona (where it will be drydocked), with one stop in Malta. This adds two sea days to the itinerary, meaning that half of a 20-day cruise will be at sea. This makes me wonder if any of the so-called refurbishments have taken place, or will take place before 2023. We spoke to Oceania and said we may cancel. There aren't a lot of cruises scheduled yet for that time and itinerary. The man we spoke to said there will probably be more come the fall of this year, and we could easily transfer our reservation to one of them. We'll see.

1 hour ago, artmc said:

. We spoke to Oceania and said we may cancel. There aren't a lot of cruises scheduled yet for that time and itinerary. The man we spoke to said there will probably be more come the fall of this year, and we could easily transfer our reservation to one of them. We'll see.

Or you could just cancel now & get your deposit back  unless you are using an FCC then that is different

JMO

• Like 1

We are booked on the 5/30/23 Dubai to Istanbul cruise on Nautica. Just received a notice from O that the itinerary has changed to disembark at Barcelona, skipping Istanbul , "due to dry dock schedule changes".

Our TA has confirmed Nautica will enter dry dock on 6/19/23 to 6/29/23. So, the question is, will this be the NEXT upgrade or routine maintenance?

25 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

We are booked on the 5/30/23 Dubai to Istanbul cruise on Nautica. Just received a notice from O that the itinerary has changed to disembark at Barcelona, skipping Istanbul , "due to dry dock schedule changes".

Our TA has confirmed Nautica will enter dry dock on 6/19/23 to 6/29/23. So, the question is, will this be the NEXT upgrade or routine maintenance?

If post #29 is correct, she would have already been upgraded, if she’s sailing. However, there is no guarantee that the announcement will be fulfilled.

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Oceania told me that the NEXT upgrade will take place in this 2023 drydock, which makes her several years later than her sisters to have the upgrade.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Oceania told me that the NEXT upgrade will take place in this 2023 drydock, which makes her several years later than her sisters to have the upgrade.

So, either:

1. Post #29 is now incorrect, or;

2. The Nautica isn’t sailing until 2023.

If #2, I have a cruise that’s been canceled.

Funny because Oceania staff informed me that Nautica will be upgraded probably this June and definitely before we go on our cruise in october this year, as I said that was one of the reasons we booked the cruise. Just shows that they probably cannot be trusted to inform their guests the truth or they do not know what is happening in their own company.

• Like 1

If you scan Nautica's sailings in 2022 and 2023 listed on the O web site, there are no holes in the schedule for a dry dock.   The last sailings listed for her end in Barcelona on June 19, 2023.  That suggests pinot's option #1 (Post 29 is incorrect) seems the more likely of the two options he gives.