Vaccine Requirement News

48 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Think about school settings. It's often 1 or 2 adults to 20 to 30 children with strict mask enforcement and distancing rules in place

That's not true in most schools that have been fully open since the summer.  Distancing really isn't followed at all, just cohorting among classes. Elementary kids aren't wearing masks and teachers don't have to wear a mask when teaching from the front of the classroom.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I liked dr Seuss and the 3 stooges.. I'm surprised the later isnt gone. They were on when I got home from school. 

I like the three stooges. Dr. Seuss I don't recall. It was something to read in the doctors waiting room. We didn't have it at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Even the elevators are a non-issue, I've not heard of a single case of Covid coming from someone who spent the roughly 1-2 minutes we typically do in a lift. But again, life on board won't be like it was, at first.

How would they know?  There was a case in our town that was accredited to elevator use and I wondered the same thing.  How would you know?   The virus could be on the buttons someone pushed, could be just floating in the air.....or it could be the person you walked by in a hall.  How could you possibly know?

Edited by tinkertwo

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And 70-79 still has a much lower (death) rate than 80+. And women lower than men. My parents are 73 and 70, healthy, and will be getting the shot as soon as they can. 

From CDC Feb2021, US Rate of Death w/Covid: 5yrs-17yrs old Reference Group "zero",  50-64yrs "400 times higher",   65-74yrs "1100 times higher",   75-84yrs "2800 times higher",   85+ "7900 times higher"  Of the 540,000+ Deaths in US about 30,000 were under age 55. 3500 under age 35, 140 under 15... My Parents, Kids/Spouses 5 of 6, My Younger Siblings 8 of 9 all had Vaccine, I'm 55 and had my first shot 10days ago

• Like 1

In most schools in our area, teachers and students are required to wear masks.  Also interesting that in many of our area schools,  approximately 1/3 of parents have CHOSEN to keep their children home to do virtual rather than return to in-person instruction.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

That's not true in most schools that have been fully open since the summer.  Distancing really isn't followed at all, just cohorting among classes. Elementary kids aren't wearing masks and teachers don't have to wear a mask when teaching from the front of the classroom.

Ummm- not true here? That must be a location specific thing.

3 hours ago, koolZip said:

GOOD! I'm very glad that anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are self-selecting themselves off cruise ships. By definition they are not the kind of people I want to sail with anyway so thanks to them for not being on board.

I cant help wondering why sky616 is even posting on the cruise boards

Edited by sugcarol

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I like the three stooges. Dr. Seuss I don't recall. It was something to read in the doctors waiting room. We didn't have it at home. 

Somebare better than others.

A couple are very mainstream, though

How the Grinch stole Christmas, Green Eggs and Ham, Cat in the Hat, Horton hears a Who, for instance

• Like 1

9 hours ago, koolZip said:

"Logic" from someone who asked a silly question about smallpox?

A contractor would have no reason to know someone else's vaccination status. If he has so little regard for his customers that he and his unvaccinated workers enter peoples homes, I wouldn't want to deal with that company. The logic behind wearing masks and getting the vaccine is to protect not only yourself, but those around you. It's sad that this very simple principle is lost on so many people.

Yes, logic because there are plenty of deadly diseases that have not been eradicated, meaning they're still around.  What makes Covid different from those?  I believe some of them are even deadlier if you catch them.

Sort of like the people who feel everyone should wear masks... even if you're outside on a trail with no one in 100' of you.  (Not saying this is you or PP, but they're out there).  My son and I just got back from a soccer tournament (outdoor).  The rule was everyone (even the players) had to wear masks.  BUT there was no rule saying the masks had to cover the mouth much less the nose.  Sure enough, most players had them as "chin warmers" (if they were around the ears kind) or "neck warmers".  

I won't forget when this whole thing was starting, some news organization was doing a story about how people were spraying packages with disinfectant.   OK, I get it, back then we didn't know how it was spreading.  But the video was showing a woman spraying bleach (I think that's what it was- it wasn't water, some kind of cleaner) on a 40lb bag of dog food.   Some hole in the bag and now the bleach is on the dog food.  Probably not a good idea.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Your mixing the government and private areas. The federal government might not require or force the vaccine, but businesses can require what ever they want.

Oh, the same businesses that won't enforce a mask mandate?  They're going to put someone at the door and make everyone show they've been vaccinated?  Highly doubt it's going to happen.

Cruise lines have two reasons to require vaccines...

1) The government (any government) might require it for them to be in business to start with or to visit.

2) They need to battle the PR issue of appearing as "floating petri dishes".  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Yes, logic because there are plenty of deadly diseases that have not been eradicated, meaning they're still around.  What makes Covid different from those? 

The difference is COVID has killed half a million Americans this year! How many Americans have even contracted smallpox, let alone died from it? Good grief!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Oh, the same businesses that won't enforce a mask mandate?  They're going to put someone at the door and make everyone show they've been vaccinated?  Highly doubt it's going to happen.

Cruise lines have two reasons to require vaccines...

1) The government (any government) might require it for them to be in business to start with or to visit.

2) They need to battle the PR issue of appearing as "floating petri dishes".  

I realize the cruise lines are in a different situation now BUT, I worry that the cruise lines will do what they do, when it comes to in forcing the rules, look the other way. 

There are many rules that are constantly broken by passengers(ie smoking on balconies)

or faked (ie the sympathy companion pet)

I'd love to know that the cruise lines, will indeed, In force the vaccination mandate NO EXCEPTIONS, PERIOD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I realize the cruise lines are in a different situation now BUT, I worry that the cruise lines will do what they do, when it comes to in forcing the rules, look the other way. 

There are many rules that are constantly broken by passengers(ie smoking on balconies)

or faked (ie the sympathy companion pet)

I'd love to know that the cruise lines, will indeed, In force the vaccination mandate NO EXCEPTIONS, PERIOD

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Not Royal as there is no vaccine for kids. You’ll have better luck with a non family line such as Virgin or one of the smaller firms.

I don't think Royal can wait, sailing with no kids at reduced capacity is still profitable and better than, not sailing and waiting for kids get vaccinated

Edited by newcruzer2

22 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Not Royal as there is no vaccine for kids. You’ll have better luck with a non family line such as Virgin or one of the smaller firms.

The vaccine for kids is in trials by at least three manufacturers.  By the time Royal restarts sailing which is looking to be late summer at the earliest kids might be able to get the jabs. The vaccines will be the same as adults are getting. They might have to change the amount in a dose but they might not have to. The reason the are not giving the vaccines to children now is they were not in the original trials. 

1 hour ago, koolZip said:

The difference is COVID has killed half a million Americans this year! How many Americans have even contracted smallpox, let alone died from it? Good grief!

And 675,000 Americans were killed by the Spanish flu.  A much higher percentage of the population at that point.  The flu is still around.  When's the last time a business has asked if you've had a flu vaccine?

I'm not saying Covid isn't deadly and isn't serious.  If that's what you're reading, you may want to try again.  What I am saying is some people have left logic at the door when it comes to Covid.  I've already listed some examples, how about another one... masks don't protect the wearer, they protect others.  That's impossible.  How could the same cloth NOT protect the wearer?  If someone is infected (even asymptomatic), and the mask they wear within an inch of their mouth will stop Covid particles, but the cloth *I* wear three-six-ten feet away WON'T stop them?  Care to explain that?  Or how about "don't touch the outside of the mask"?  Heard that one quite a bit.  If the mask doesn't protect me (lets all the particles through), then there's nothing on the outside of the mask and there's no danger in me touching it.

I'm not anti-mask.  I'm not anti-vaxx (I'm not in a rush to get it, but probably will).  I just wish logic would still be followed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, koolZip said:

I can't find the data for just Americans but 22-55 million people have died from smallpox.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't know, I'd prefer Moderna or Pfizer over J&J.  

I guess I'm cutting edge😉

👍 Same here.

The powers to be around here are having a heck of a time convincing people that the J&J vaccine is not inferior to the mRNA vaccines.  We are a university town and are pretty heavy in pharma companies in the area. The mRNA is definitely the overwhelmingly desired vaccine.  There is a constant campaign going to tell people "the best vaccine is the vaccine you can get."  My husband snagged an appointment for the J&J the day he became eligible but then the next day was able to make an appointment for one of the mRNAs. He quickly canceled the J&J. Now we have all had at least the first dose of Pfizer.  It is pretty much the same for everyone out here. I only know one person who got the J&J. Everyone else has either the Moderna or Pfizer.  

4 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Experts are saying mid 2022 for younger children.

And only if needed, definitely dont see required for Kids to Cruise. Would have see a change or increase in Children cases before see it used. Last year lowest cases of Influenza ever, and still more died from that then Covid. As you said if was needed to get all kids Vaccinated if required earliest Fall 2022

• Like 2