cruisemapper.com shows update for Regent

Boats07

Was looking at cruisemapper.com and noticed Regent Seven Seas Cruises Coronavirus update

Had not seen the statement Fleetwide operations are currently planned to resume on June 1, 2021.

NCLH's entire fleet (all vessels of the brands NCL-Norwegian, Oceania and RSSC-Regent Seven Seas) is with an expanded cancellation policy. All bookings on pre-scheduled itineraries (departures March 14, 2020, through May 31, 2021) were given the option to cancel (up to 48 hours prior departure) without penalties.

Eventually, NCLH canceled all RSSC cruises leaving between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2021. Fleetwide operations are currently planned to resume on June 1, 2021.

All affected bookings received a full refund (100%) in FCC (future cruise credit) transferred to a booking made within 1 year (any itinerary, fleetwide) from the cancelled departure date. RSSC's Regent Reassurance policy was expanded to offer penalty-free cancellations (for any reason) up to 15 days prior departure with full refunds (100%) in FCC.

The "plan" to resume on June 1 is only based on the fact that all sailings before May 31 are already cancelled.

After the June 2021 sailings are cancelled, then you can also interpret their "plan" is to resume sailings on July 1.

And the same story repeats again for each month.

• Like 1

I wouldn't plan--it's a wait and see.  What worries me are the Ports---can you get in them or not and if you do what can you do on your own.  We're having trouble with Italy right now and planning extras before and after you cruise is hard.  We just moved are August cruise to a different cruise in Feb 2022 so we can plan a little better for us. 

• Like 1

Crystal announced yesterday that they will begin sailing seven day cruises out of Nassau and Bimini starting July 1.  All passengers and crew will be required to be vaccinated.  Maybe Regent (NCL) should follow their lead and at least begin the cruising process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

Crystal announced yesterday that they will begin sailing seven day cruises out of Nassau and Bimini starting July 1.  All passengers and crew will be required to be vaccinated.  Maybe Regent (NCL) should follow their lead and at least begin the cruising process.

This is a good try for restarting cruise operations, but Crystal has some advantage on such itinerary over other cruise lines, as Crystal's parent company Genting also operates Resorts World Bimini.

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

This is a good try for restarting cruise operations, but Crystal has some advantage on such itinerary over other cruise lines, as Crystal's parent company Genting also operates Resorts World Bimini.

I also believe that both Crystal ships are Bahamian flagged. Brownie points!

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Doesn't NCL have some sort of island in the Caribbean that other lines in the company could use?

Crystal will be spending entire seven day cruise in Bahamas; never transiting to the Caribbean.  In addition, it is the heart of hurricane season.  I don't know if NCLH wants to try such an itinerary.

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

Regent Navigator, Mariner, and Voyager also are Behamian flagged.

I didn't realize that. Maybe Regent could think about using Grand Bahama as an embarkation port, just to get things started....? Or even Nassau?

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Crystal will be spending entire seven day cruise in Bahamas; never transiting to the Caribbean.  In addition, it is the heart of hurricane season.  I don't know if NCLH wants to try such an itinerary.

All the large cruise lines usually have at least one ship in the Caribbean all season. . They shift direction when a hurricane is forecast. 
More importantly, I just want to be on a ship and enjoy all its benefits! At this point, I don’t care where it sails. Been to every port in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I think they will cancel June and July.....50%/50% for August but September is looking good for SOME destinations.

What would you include in "SOME"? We have October Voyager Rome to Dubai booked. Of our stops, Israel and UAE are doing well on vaccinations, Italy, Egypt, Jordan and Oman not so much.

9 hours ago, labonnevie said:

What would you include in "SOME"? We have October Voyager Rome to Dubai booked. Of our stops, Israel and UAE are doing well on vaccinations, Italy, Egypt, Jordan and Oman not so much.

The longer the voyage, the lower the chance it can set sail.

Even if cruise lines can restart operations in fall 2021, they will definitely begin with some shorter sailings in the first few months.