New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

Just now, ace2542 said:

They are doing that already. Been doing it for a weeks. It is all very good issuing a statement of intent to require vaccination of staff. But we are no further forward as to how they intend to do it. It will be a lot harder than it sounds and I don't think they have much of an idea or a timeframe.

That’s why you need to go and help by researching full time for them. I’m sure you will have some good news in August.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s why you need to go and help by researching full time for them. I’m sure you will have some good news in August.

I have got an idea but they won't do it. Hire all staff from the countries in which each ship will sail and put them on the contracts for length of the deployment and don't start your cruising until each of these countries is fully vaccinated as opposed to waiting for the slower crew sourcing countries to vaccinate all people which could take some time. So UK crew for Anthem in the summer, U.S crew for Indy etc etc. But they won't do that the wage bill will be too big.

Edited by ace2542

15 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I have got an idea but they won't do it. Hire all staff from the countries in which each ship will sail and put them on the contracts for length of the deployment and don't start your cruising until each of these countries is fully vaccinated as opposed to waiting for the slower crew sourcing countries to vaccinate all people which could take some time. So UK crew for Anthem in the summer, U.S crew for Indy etc etc. But they won't do that the wage bill will be too big.

Plus you'd have to train all those new staff. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ace2542 said:

And then they won't have any passengers because they would have to hike the cruise prices significantly to cover the minimum wage requirements from each of these countries for their employees. I am guessing that employees from the UK will want far more base salary than the employees from some of the other countries where the cost of living is lower. 

I don't think Royal Caribbean's  goal is to sail bleeding money. Better to just let the ship sit idle and not have to pay wages and benefits.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Well, sounds like you have it all figured out. 

Good Day

Not necessarily all figured out but able to counter all your 'arguments' which is presumably why you've said Good Day 

As someone who claims to be in the medical field surely you have read the latest stats on this approach and one would hope you would be applauding any strategies which are reducing cases rates and deaths in the way this is happening in the UK

22 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you know if the Johnson & Johnson vaccine has made it to Florida yet? I would rather have the Pfizer or Moderna.

Yes the J&J vaccine is available in Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville and Orlando at the federal sites, as far as I know. 

On 3/9/2021 at 7:45 AM, smokeybandit said:

Yes, and banning people scared of unvaccinated kids would hurt the bottom line a lot less than banning families.

I'm not scared of un-vaccinated kids. I'm fully vaccinated so my concern is not for my safety. My concern is what happens to the passengers and ship if there are cases of Covid on board. Has that been figured out by the cruise lines, ports of call and CDC for ships embarking from US ports? I quarantine of the ship still an option if there is an outbreak on board?

I don't want my cruise cut short, miss ports of call and who know what else could be the fate of a ship with Covid cases on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I'm not scared of un-vaccinated kids. I'm fully vaccinated so my concern is not for my safety. My concern is what happens to the passengers and ship if there are cases of Covid on board. Has that been figured out by the cruise lines, ports of call and CDC for ships embarking from US ports? I quarantine of the ship still an option if there is an outbreak on board?

I don't want my cruise cut short, miss ports of call and who know what else could be the fate of a ship with Covid cases on board.

That's an excellent question and I'm sure they're working on the answers right now. Gonna have to be a good plan too seeing as it looks like outbreaks can occur even among fully vaccinated people (as evidenced by the nursing home in Houston where 9 of 17 positive cases had both shots)

11 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's an excellent question and I'm sure they're working on the answers right now. Gonna have to be a good plan too seeing as it looks like outbreaks can occur even among fully vaccinated people (as evidenced by the nursing home in Houston where 9 of 17 positive cases had both shots)

Can you provide a link?  Not doubting, just can’t find based on cursory internet search.

Never mind, I found it.

Of the 17 residents that tested positive, four were fully vaccinated, six received only the first dose, five declined to be vaccinated and two had transferred to the facility after the vaccine clinics, according to officials. 21 out of their 35 total residents have been vaccinated.

Edited by logan25

On 3/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, ace2542 said:

Not before it starts up again they won't. Not possible except maybe  in the case of the all American NCL Pride/Pride of America staff who are American. Vaccine is moving very slowly in many countries and yet plans are to resume sailings in what weeks? A few months maybe?

Of course portions of the cruise industry will never be the same again. Masks will be worn at all times onboard apart from in cabins at bare minimum. Masks worn during tender process.  No buffet as you say and no more walking round the ship aimlessly with drink in your hand. And staff will mask up their entire contract apart from in their cabins.

Don't think so.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:36 AM, Pandamonia said:

I dunno what planet you live on.

This wont happen. they will drop requirement as soon as they are allowed to or cruising will be dead. 

Firstly Colds are multiple viruses and some never leave your body. They are hide and seek viruses like cold sores. Noro is spread by vomiting so masks are worse than no mask. 

You cant wear a mask 24/7. You also cannot stop people having contact between cabins. Not to mention THEY DONT WORK

So wrong on every level. I will not, at this point and time in the pandemic, attempt to educate you on the effectiveness of universal masking as source control. You seem hopeless.

On 3/10/2021 at 4:13 AM, Pandamonia said:

Wrong.

Masks stop droplets. They do not stop Aerosols. Hospitals are 100% mask compliance and they are also the highest risk areas for passive infection. Air samples were taken from different parts of hospitals and ALL contained high concentrations of viral particles. An infected patient can infect another person 20 feet away in the same room even though both are wearing masks. Actual studies were done. Its scientific fact. 

This is why my sister wears Medical grade N95 gas tested masks and goggles and isnt allowed to remove them unless in a secure ventilated area or outside. 

It also defies logic because if it was that simple then this pandemic would have been over long time ago. Mask compliance is high in the UK and we have one of the worst infection rates in the world. 

A worker come in to a care home here with a sore throat wearing her mask and infected 27 staff in a single day. They all had masks on including the sick worker. 

Only a fool would think they work. They estimate the effect is a 3% reduction in total infections which is tiny but on a global scale adds up. 

Masks have to be worn PROPERLY to work.....not with the nose exposed or hanging off the chin. Have you seen those YouTube videos with infrared cameras that demonstrate how a regular home made or surgical mask blocks aerosols. Yes, they do block aerosols. Look up those videos.

32 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Can you provide a link?  Not doubting, just can’t find based on cursory internet search.

Never mind, I found it.

Of the 17 residents that tested positive, four were fully vaccinated, six received only the first dose, five declined to be vaccinated and two had transferred to the facility after the vaccine clinics, according to officials. 21 out of their 35 total residents have been vaccinated.

Here you go, someone else posted it on CC yesterday. 9 of 17 fully vaccinated, the other 8 had first shots. 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/03/10/17-brenham-nursing-home-residents-contract-covid-19-after-getting-shots/

Edited by Mapleleafforever

On 3/10/2021 at 3:36 AM, Pandamonia said:

You cant wear a mask 24/7. You also cannot stop people having contact between cabins. Not to mention THEY DONT WORK

Did you ever hear of the two Covid positive hair stylists who, early in the pandemic, continued to work on their patrons? The hair stylists wore masks and so did their patrons. They were in close enough contact as a hair stylist and their patron would be. NONE of the patrons who were tested for Covid were found to be positive. Universal masking DOES WORK as source control.

What do you have to say about this?.............

Abscence of transmission of SARS CoV-2 with universal masking

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, A&L_Ont said:

First click on your profile.  It will open on it’s page. Then click on your profile by clicking where the red arrow is in the photo below.  A box will open like in the photo below. In that box click on “ignored users”. 

52563D55-D3C9-494B-AB4E-E57F36CEC547.thumb.jpeg.616cf9ea4c1f6c5e8ed326c8d346f005.jpeg

Then enter the users name that you wish to disappear.  Hope this helps.

916E2A7D-6943-4051-8E2F-3A8E347D2E1A.thumb.jpeg.d9043a812a86d031c1404ed05e3fb651.jpeg

There is a much easier way.........Hover your mouse over the user name in any posted comment from that user. Then click on "Ignore user". I've never ignored any user on this forum but I do believe that should do it.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There is a much easier way.........Hover your mouse over the user name in any posted comment from that user. Then click on "Ignore user". I've never ignored any user on this forum but I do believe that should do it.

Doesn’t work that way on iPhone. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

No one knows because it was not studied that way. There is a chance of that. There is also a chance (more likely) that 12 weeks later, the T cell response to the second dose will be FAR less robust, because the affects of the first dose have long been degraded.  “Stacking” the T cell response in a well defined, short timeframe creates a greater response and subsequently stronger antibody response. This  I must assume is the reason the American CDC declined to allow this type of scheduling here. 

Thanks to our government agencies here in the US for mandating the vaccines be administered at the proper dosing intervals. The manufacturers of these vaccines make their recommendations for a reason.

• Like 3

On 3/10/2021 at 3:09 PM, nomad098 said:

Right or wrong the UK have chosen to listen and believe their scientific advisers and experts not the manufacturers of the mRNA vaccines and only time will tell which course was correct.

Really? Am I reading this correctly? NOT a smart move, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Well if you are going to choose Royal, please understand that it’s a family cruise line. That includes children of all ages and backgrounds.

I wouldn’t go to McDonalds and expect they start serving tacos because I’m in the mood, not sure why you would expect anything different from Royal.

We are discussing start up procedures for cruise lines. Getting the ships sailing again is the ultimate goal of not only the cruise lines but for their passengers and crew. There are many people, myself included, who want to be on a 100% vaccinated ship and that does not include children under 16.

This won't be forever, just to get the ships sailing again. The families with kids can wait for the time being. Let them go on land based vacations until children can be vaccinated along with the adults. The vaccine manufacturers are already conducting trials for children.

In the meantime, I'm hoping for all people on board to be vaccinated so there is the possibility of adult only cruises on RCCL. Actually, I don't consider 16 year olds to be adults but that is just splitting hairs, I guess.

Edited by coffeebean

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

How do I earn that priveledge from you?😉