New CDC Guidelines for Vaccinated People

31 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

N95 masks work. Anything less than that dont do anything. 

Even hospitals only use surgical masks for covid infected people for no other reason than they cant get enough N95 for everyone but N95 masks have to be changed because they lose their static charge.

Masks are worn for no other reason is that when talking someone doesnt spit a droplet in to your eyes. But if you stay in the room with an infected person for a period of time it makes zero difference unless you have an N95 mask on because N95 masks have carbon filters which are statically charged to trap particles. 

In highly infected areas like you speak of N95 masks, gowns, shields, gowns gloves are a must along with other protocols.  Wearing anything else almost guarantees infection. That N95 mask must be test fitted to each individual.  Your mask size won’t be my size. 

Regular masks will not work in a high risk area such as a covid ward. Regular masks in normal situations will help prevent the spread. Glasses will help eyes as well.  If someone jambs their hands in their mouths right after shopping they aren’t doing themselves any favours.  

A regular mask will help over no mask in the right situation so long as proper actions are taken throughout the day.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You do realize that he has advocated for people to wear masks while sleeping at night so not to infect other people in the cabin, right?

I must have missed that one. 

I do wonder how the mask will help with the wife swapping and hot tub fun which happens late at night also....

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

In highly infected areas like you speak of N95 masks, gowns, shields, gowns gloves are a must along with other protocols.  Wearing anything else almost guarantees infection. That N95 mask must be test fitted to each individual.  Your mask size won’t be my size. 

Regular masks will not work in a high risk area such as a covid ward. Regular masks in normal situations will help prevent the spread. Glasses will help eyes as well.  If someone jambs their hands in their mouths right after shopping they aren’t doing themselves any favours.  

A regular mask will help over no mask in the right situation so long as proper actions are taken throughout the day.

Yes my sister told me all of this. i dont envy her.

With regards to surgical masks my relative was on a none covid ward and 100% mask mandate was enforced. Even sleep in them. 1 new person come in to the ward and tested positive and the next day removed. He caught covid from them 20 feet away by sleeping in the same ward. She infected 6 people but luckily they all vaccinated 2 weeks prior so only got asymptomatic infection. 

So even on a low risk ward with full masks he still got infected and had it not been for vaccine no doubt he would be dead. 

27 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would as well but I can't find the block button.😟

First click on your profile.  It will open on it’s page. Then click on your profile by clicking where the red arrow is in the photo below.  A box will open like in the photo below. In that box click on “ignored users”. 

52563D55-D3C9-494B-AB4E-E57F36CEC547.thumb.jpeg.616cf9ea4c1f6c5e8ed326c8d346f005.jpeg

Then enter the users name that you wish to disappear.  Hope this helps.

916E2A7D-6943-4051-8E2F-3A8E347D2E1A.thumb.jpeg.d9043a812a86d031c1404ed05e3fb651.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I was wondering myself about this. I keep hearing getting the 2nd dose at 12 weeks gives the longest coverage, so to say this they must have studied it?

I for sure went and got mine and didnt chance waiting, but I was thinking the news keeps saying 12 weeks optimal but we are doing 3 weeks. Maybe by a year from now the protocols will have changed, or maybe it's too hard to plan 3 months in advance. Idk, but its occurred to me too.

I'm thinking things will keep evolving as we know more.

So far as I understand UK policy. The decision to switch to a 12 week vaccination cycle was made in panic - with this so called "UK Variant" -  to get as much protection into the so called at risk groups as fast as possible.  Because in the first few weeks of the vaccination program we only had the Pfizer approved and limited supplies as Astra had not been approved yet in UK. 

The decision was made in the 3rd week of rollout maybe even the 2nd week of rollout to stretch out current supply of Pfizer as far as possible by giving first dose only and cancelling booked second doses and moving them onto a 12 week cycle. This went against the research and against the recommendation of World Health Organisation?. That having been said it so far appears to have been a very good gamble and a very good call. Cases numbers and deaths have dropped very sharply despite mass testing for new variants which you think would find more cases but does not appear to have done so? So the first dose of vaccine must be having an effect as only about 3% of population are fully vaccinated but case numbers yet again are dropping. I think it might be less then 3% vaccinated fully.

Edited by ace2542

14 hours ago, sgmn said:

I got Pfizer, husband got AZ, same centre, two days apart. 

I was also concerned initially about the 12 week delay between both jabs. But real world data over last three months have shown very high levels of protection and in fact several other countries are now going down this route. 

The idea behind it was to get some protection into as many people as quickly as possible

That idea appears to have paid off big time with us being close to a third of the country having some vaccine protection and being in a strong place as a result. My dad was really lucky to get his Pfizer on the 3 or 4 week cycle before they changed it.

I am surprised at one thing though. That you and your husband in the same household 2 days apart got different vaccines. Why did you not get the same one? Did you ask, did they give you a reason?  I had mine done Sunday in our home town in Ormskirk at a vaccine centre which has been retrofitted with the needed cooling equipment to it to enable it to keep the Pfizer at the needed temperature so I assumed I was getting the Pfizer. Yet I also got the Astra Zeneca.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You do realize that he has advocated for people to wear masks while sleeping at night so not to infect other people in the cabin, right?

But in the quarantine hotel in Melbourne  how it spread was 2 rooms opened the door at the same time to get the meals. One had a single person in and one had a family of 5 and there was that much virus in the air that it spread from one room to the other and infected the other person. I think it spread from the 5 people to the 1 or so they reckon.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just wondering, does the CDC govern in the UK?  I’m OP and the title is about the CDC. 

The Queen and Royal Family need your help. 

M8

No it doesnt but it does seem to dictate what happens on US cruise ships outside if their jurisdiction though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just wondering, does the CDC govern in the UK?  I’m OP and the title is about the CDC. 

The Queen and Royal Family need your help. 

M8

I wonder how it would have played out for the USA now if the CDC had adopted similar path and took the risk - and it was a risk but one that paid off of moving to a 12 week cycle -. How much of the USA could have had the first pfizer jab by now? Possibly a lot more? We have vaccinated with at least 1 dose a THIRD of the country.

The Royal Family has got Piers Morgan. They don't need me. Though he was very restrained to be fair.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I am surprised at one thing though. That you and your husband in the same household 2 days apart got different vaccines. Why did you not get the same one? Did you ask, did they give you a reason?  

🤷‍♀️Who knows. It was a GP led centre in our local town. I got a letter invite from NHS when I turned 65 which was the age they were doing then. I booked at one of those big centres and then my GP phoned and offered me one locally for the next day.  I guess it's what's available on the day. Think the logistics of it all is mind blowing and well done to everyone involved. 

I would of been happy with either. Three weeks ago today 👍 definately feel happier going into DIY stores and food shops, though still being following the guidance. 

Congrats on you getting yours 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So far as I understand UK policy. The decision to switch to a 12 week vaccination cycle was made in panic - with this so called "UK Variant" -  to get as much protection into the so called at risk groups as fast as possible.  Because in the first few weeks of the vaccination program we only had the Pfizer approved and limited supplies as Astra had not been approved yet in UK. 

The decision was made in the 3rd week of rollout maybe even the 2nd week of rollout to stretch out current supply of Pfizer as far as possible by giving first dose only and cancelling booked second doses and moving them onto a 12 week cycle. This went against the research and against the recommendation of World Health Organisation?. That having been said it so far appears to have been a very good gamble and a very good call. Cases numbers and deaths have dropped very sharply despite mass testing for new variants which you think would find more cases but does not appear to have done so? So the first dose of vaccine must be having an effect as only about 3% of population are fully vaccinated but case numbers yet again are dropping. I think it might be less then 3% vaccinated fully.

It wasnt a panic decision.

They had access to unreleased information from AstraZeneca and Oxford. It was leaked 2 months prior by the owner of the indian company who are making the vaccines they were going to show high efficacy on one dose after 12 weeks.

It wasnt a gamble and it wasnt a panic. It was a strategy taken based on information they had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

It wasnt a panic decision.

They had access to unreleased information from AstraZeneca and Oxford. It was leaked 2 months prior by the owner of the indian company who are making the vaccines they were going to show high efficacy on one dose after 12 weeks.

It wasnt a gamble and it wasnt a panic. It was a strategy taken based on information they had. 

But Pfizer was up first and also moved to the 12 cycle. The Astra always was 12 weeks. The Pfizer hasn't been but is now and has been since almost the start of the year. 

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Queen and Royal Family need your help

Oops probably my fault responding to something not-enough-cruising said in post 135.  But as you know as an experienced CC member these threads often go off course. 😏

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

But Pfizer was up first and also moved to the 12 cycle. The Astra always was 12 weeks. The Pfizer hasn't been but is now and has been since almost the start of the year. 

Thats wrong.

Pfizer was 21 days until they changed it based on trial data. I know because i know people who had 2 does in 1 month

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Oops probably my fault responding to something not-enough-cruising said in post 135.  But as you know as an experienced CC member these threads often go off course. 😏

It’s just that expert that shows up. Watches old Gun Smoke reruns for their data. 

M8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

That idea appears to have paid off big time with us being close to a third of the country having some vaccine protection and being in a strong place as a result. My dad was really lucky to get his Pfizer on the 3 or 4 week cycle before they changed it.

I am surprised at one thing though. That you and your husband in the same household 2 days apart got different vaccines. Why did you not get the same one? Did you ask, did they give you a reason?  I had mine done Sunday in our home town in Ormskirk at a vaccine centre which has been retrofitted with the needed cooling equipment to it to enable it to keep the Pfizer at the needed temperature so I assumed I was getting the Pfizer. Yet I also got the Astra Zeneca.

You really can’t say the gamble has paid off. You have no idea what a patient’s immunity level will be after their 12 week Pfizer follow up shot. 
I can tell you these vaccines were trialed at different intervals, and 21 days was selected

for a reason. This is why the FDA prohibited the intervals to be changed in the USA. 

The UK gamble may turn out to achieve a larger number of people with some resistance, that will never achieve the maximum resistance possible due to the interval. 

• Like 2