I see your May and raise you June

1 hour ago, twangster said:

OMG... the CDC speaks!  They didn't all die from the virus!  I had kinda written them off assuming the pandemic took them all.  Who knew the CDC lives?  

It is just me, or did anyone else find the tone of this email to be very much "doom and gloom"?

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I see this coming for Royal but not until after final payments 

I think a lot depends on what the European countries do.  If the countries only make short term decisions on their travel policies and border restrictions Royal will follow suit. If counties come out and suspend travel for the season I think that you will see Royal cancel the season for the respective ships/itineraries or at least allow options as they did with the Canada sailings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Their working from home😉

I think they’re pretending to. 😁

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

It is just me, or did anyone else find the tone of this email to be very much "doom and gloom"?

Didn’t sound to good to me. It would be nice if they would allow cruises as long as EVERYONE is vaccinated. Hopefully they’re thinking along that line, but just haven’t said anything yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

It would be nice to know how far apart the CDC and the major cruise lines really are?  I feel like the biggest sticking points come down to pre-cruise testing and vaccinated passengers only.  It makes me wonder if the big cruise lines agreed to vaccinated passengers only, would the CDC reopen ports?

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

It would be nice to know how far apart the CDC and the major cruise lines really are?  

Both sides are just waiting for November 1, when CDC will do nothing when the current de facto ban expires and the cruise lines will also do nothing and sail as if the pandemic never happened. 

• Like 4

With vaccinations starting to ramp up, I see the best case scenario being test cruises starting in late June.   Then the 60 day CDC mandate kicks in, with paying short cruises starting around Labor Day and initial full week cruises starting around early October.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I don't take it so much as doom as gloom as much as there's just no need to rush the resumption of cruising. Get society opened up first and vacations will follow soon after. 

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I don't take it so much as doom as gloom as much as there's just no need to rush the resumption of cruising. Get society opened up first and vacations will follow soon after. 

To me that letter looked like a canned response that could easily have been written several months ago.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

To me that letter looked like a canned response that could easily have been written several months ago.

I agree. I would have expected a phrase such as “awaiting the results of vaccinations to a large percentage of the population” or something more timely. 

• Like 1

It would be nice if we could L&S to 2023, if a comparable cruise is available.  I'm nearing my max of work time off for 2022 already.

I refuse to book a new cruise at these inflated prices.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Both sides are just waiting for November 1, when CDC will do nothing when the current de facto ban expires and the cruise lines will also do nothing and sail as if the pandemic never happened. 

Remembering last March. And yes, I have cruises booked for Fall 2021. 

02A0EF96-8CB5-4711-B095-BD92D8818B77.jpeg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, soremekun said:

It would be nice if we could L&S to 2023, if a comparable cruise is available.  I'm nearing my max of work time off for 2022 already.

I refuse to book a new cruise at these inflated prices.

So it's safe to assume then that you'll be taking refunds on your June and July Freedom and Oasis cruises.

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Remembering last March. And yes, I have cruises booked for Fall 2021. 

02A0EF96-8CB5-4711-B095-BD92D8818B77.jpeg

Gov will not suspend Cruise because that may lead to bailout. They won't give a green light because they don't want to get in trouble if there is an outbreak on one ship. So, this is the most political correct way to handle this. Just give a very confused guideline and said we are working on it. On the other hands, keep telling their citizens to try to avoid non essential travels like cruises.

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So it's safe to assume then that you'll be taking refunds on your June and July Freedom and Oasis cruises.

Thank you for asking this question.  This spurred me to take a look at where things would be if I were to use L&S for my June and July cruises.  By utilizing L&S, I would be at my max PTO limit for both academic years...... something I'm willing to do.

AY 2021-22
December 2021 - Anthem - (school vaca)
March 2022 - Symphony - (PTO)
April 2022 - Mardi Gras - (school vaca)
June 2022 - Freedom - (PTO) - [if I use L&S]

AY 2022-23
July 2022 - Oasis - (PTO) - [if I use L&S]
October 2022 - Voyager - (PTO)

Edited by soremekun

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure what you think is missing for June 2022.  Everything has been released other than Navigator

But Ken, is the new modified L/S available for all cruises or only certain ones deemed by Royal?

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

But Ken, is the new modified L/S available for all cruises or only certain ones deemed by Royal?

Royal gives you a very defined set of options.  You basically have your choice of 1 ship.

It is only available if Royal cancels the sailing and so far has been available to every cancelled sailing