Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas

1 hour ago, Bobster17 said:

Does anyone know if this ship will still be going into dry dock? 

@Bobster17

Howdy!  emo22.gif

Welcome back to the Cruise Critic message board! I see it has been awhile since you have posted.  emo34.gif 

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 However, please note the following information is at the top of each page in the forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Royal Caribbean International forum. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic membrs with information about RCI ships frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles l👀king for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

2 hours ago, Bobster17 said:

Does anyone know if this ship will still be going into dry dock? 

She has to drydock as ships are required to undergo a drydock every 5 years until they are 20 and then it becomes 2 drydocks in a 5 year period.  There likely will be no cosmetic upgrades to her and everything will be based on marine requirements. 

Well, her AIS shows "enroute to Cococay" .... but she is almost a days jouney behind Cococay. So, it looks like an Atlantic passage to me.

If there are Europe-tours at all, the first one for her is scheduled for June 6th. Quite a lot of time for having a dry dock. 

Stay healthy!

I hope shes on her way to europe as i am booked on her at the end of aug.

Lets hope europe get a grip of their vaccine and open up cruising. 

Being british i have visited all the ports she is scheduled to stop at so i have no issues with staying on board and enjoying the sun amd ship

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How come it is taking so long when the average cruiseship can travel 480 nautical miles in a day(24 hours). Seems it shouldn't take that long.

Going 20 knots using a lot more fuel than going 10 knots even factoring in the extra days. 

The communication is terrible from royal.

How can anyone make any plans in this mess. We have 2 weeks in August on this ship. 

Either the staff are returning for a restart or they arent. If it takes 90 days to restart then surely they know the chances of restarting. they wont even come out and tell us if masks are mandatory because if they are i want to move or cancel 

Bad news is that France and Italy are going in to lockdown so europe is in as big a mess as before

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How come it is taking so long when the average cruiseship can travel 480 nautical miles in a day(24 hours). Seems it shouldn't take that long.

As Capt Johnny says on Twitter “No stops, just not in a hurry 😉”.

He also says they are going to Spain “ For service and cruise 😉“.  Read into that what you will.