Will X Cancel All Europe Cruises For 2021?

Aloha 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So what's the thinking in the UK?  Do people believe that those July - September cruises will be opened up to people outside of the UK sometime this summer?  Do people see the UK opening up to vaccinated travelers without staying in quarantine?

I thought the UK was on the US DO NOT TRAVEL LIST??

The USA is not open to UK nationals - why would we permit entry to US nationals unless 10 days hotel quarantine - just asking.

18 minutes ago, anniegb said:

I thought the UK was on the US DO NOT TRAVEL LIST??

The USA is not open to UK nationals - why would we permit entry to US nationals unless 10 days hotel quarantine - just asking.

Because you like us.

Nearly the entire world is on the State Department's Do Not Travel List.  Someday they will recognize the difference between vaccinated and non-vaccinated people.  Just ridiculous.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Of course, you are asking the right audience, all of us on CC know exactly what is going to happen.  My advice (if it were me)  for an 11-day cruise, keep the money in the bank.

There goes that crystal ball again....what are the current odds?...LOL

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Because you like us.

Nearly the entire world is on the State Department's Do Not Travel List.  Someday they will recognize the difference between vaccinated and non-vaccinated people.  Just ridiculous.  

Maybe they can tell by facial recognition software.  The vaccinated people will be smiling.😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Because you like us.

My extended family are very frequent visitors to USA but until the Daily Case rate drops below 5000 per day, USA is on the Do Not Travel List for our family.

I consider the UK case rate of approx 2000/day at a minimum 100% too high for safe re-opening

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, anniegb said:

My extended family are very frequent visitors to USA but until the Daily Case rate drops below 5000 per day, USA is on the Do Not Travel List for our family.

I consider the UK case rate of approx 2000/day at a minimum 100% too high for safe re-opening

I understand your reasoning for your family.  But I would offer that the USA is a huge country.  Daily case rates vary widely across the country.  What state do you want to visit?  Even within larger states their are very different risk levels in different areas.  And check the state vaccination rates to get a more complete picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I understand your reasoning for your family.  But I would offer that the USA is a huge country.  Daily case rates vary widely across the country.  What state do you want to visit?  Even within larger states their are very different risk levels in different areas.  And check the state vaccination rates to get a more complete picture.

As someone who has traversed the USA, I know it is a large place.

BTW I am not condemning USA for closing their borders, I think most countries should adopt a similar policy in 2021 BEFORE the horse has bolted.

In Scotland last July, we so very nearly reached the goal of double zero - i.e.zero cases and zero deaths reported on a daily basis.

Then against the advice of some medics, we allowed people to travel overseas and the rest is history.

Covid19 was seeded in UK by returning tourists from Europe in Q1 2020 and do we want a repeat??

Hopefully the per capita cost of all the PCR tests required to fly etc at an approx cost in excess of 500 USD will be enough of a deterrent to overseas travel.

Remember no-one is safe until we are all safe.

• Like 1

As the OP, I'll give my current opinion. We are booked on the October 10 Rome to Rome on Reflection. Greece, Israel. and one stop in Kusadasi, Turkey. Israel is open, Greece is open, Kusadasi is not in the red zone and Italy desperately wants to reopen. Couple this with the EU statement Monday that they will reopen to US citizens as soon as they work out the details with the US. I am now VERY optimistic that this cruise will happen!

• Like 3

I also think that the tide is turning. Barring another significant covid resurgence (the variants are surely a significant random element in all of this), I'm beginning to think you'll see international travel resuming by fall - and possibly a bit earlier. Ultimately, who knows though? There are many possibilities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Or at least aLOT of varied opinions!!!  😁

Well...we can all pick and choose what opinion to pay attention to OR discard...so no harm in posting....I'm now working on a higher education from this board...in time, a PHD?

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

Celebrity more than likely won't cancel any more sailings until they can get final payment...

and then hold onto that money as long as they can.

This also affects private tours that have been booked which some require a cancellation fee until the cruiseline has cancelled the cruise then you'll receive your entire purchase price back.

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL...well, assuming you know the true designation of those three letters, right? 😉

I hear there's a variant?  I'm a gentlewoman so.....  😇😉

Edited by Oceangoer2

On 4/27/2021 at 1:21 AM, mrsgoggins said:

Yes but the difference is that the Norwegian Fjords cruise on 26 August was on Silhouette - a ship that now has a revised published timetable of 'UK only' cruises for UK passengers only for July-September.  They had to cancel those previously scheduled cruises in a timely manner.

Do you think I don't know this?  The last 7 day sailing on Silhouette for UK people only is Aug 28.  That will bring the ship back to Southampton Sept 4 in time for the Iceland/Ireland cruise if it goes.  We are trying to make up our minds whether we want to be on it or not, based on it being the first sailing with international passengers.  It is scheduled to dock in Belfast Sept 16, but how do we know they will let us off the ship?  We will wait till FP date and see what happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Do you think I don't know this?  The last 7 day sailing on Silhouette for UK people only is Aug 28.  That will bring the ship back to Southampton Sept 4 in time for the Iceland/Ireland cruise if it goes. 

And do you think I don’t know this?  Really, just no need for that tone - I was merely trying to do what you did above, ie add a bit of extra information to those who had not been affected by the Silhouette cruises.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have Infinity booked for Aug. 2021 and final payment is due this Tues. 5/11/21.  This was booked after two Connie cruises were canceled by X.  I was hoping this Infinity cruise would be canceled by X but so far no word from X.  Infinity is an 11-night from Venice to Barcelona.  What should I do?

18 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

I have Infinity booked for Aug. 2021 and final payment is due this Tues. 5/11/21.  This was booked after two Connie cruises were canceled by X.  I was hoping this Infinity cruise would be canceled by X but so far no word from X.  Infinity is an 11-night from Venice to Barcelona.  What should I do?

Only you can make that decision.  Good luck whatever you decide!

I’m in the same boat.  Booked on infinity 29th July but I’ve already paid in full!!  As it was a lift and shift followed by a Connie cancellation 

They have had my money for 2 years so think carefully.  Only you can decide 

2 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

I think we are on the same cruise and have a similar history with Celebrity Connie cancellations. (I am also on the following one...)

I personally do not think this cruise will go, and am working with TA to find out what options I have.