RCCL and Southampton UK...possible Irish Ports ofCall?

JULY 2022 my wife and I would like to use our Cruise Credits from a July 2020 RCCL Cruise that never took place.

Desired outcome would be to fly from NJ/NYC area to England and hypothetically get on a RCCL ship that included Ireland on its Itinerary.

Any chance of that happening?

35 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

JULY 2022 my wife and I would like to use our Cruise Credits from a July 2020 RCCL Cruise that never took place.

Desired outcome would be to fly from NJ/NYC area to England and hypothetically get on a RCCL ship that included Ireland on its Itinerary.

Any chance of that happening?

Two different itineraries, both on Jewel of the seas, except it sails from Amsterdam. Nothing that sails from England. 

EE75163F-0BA3-4C06-B70C-6D79406EF12B.jpeg

AAE7C188-035F-4303-B777-B21C7C0AA71F.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yes @Ourusualbeach

I had discovered that on my own.

So my question is for you...a more avid cruiser with much insight....or for other regulars on this forum....

When you look into your crystal ball, do you think that in the future....RCCL will eventually have a cruise from Southampton that has Ireland on the itinerary?

Did RCCL have such a cruise in the past?

I am unwilling to pay for a cruise that is double digit days.

I wish my future cruise not to exceed 9 nights.

Edited by SSBrickNJ
improve my post

9 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Yes @Ourusualbeach

So my question is for you...a more avid cruiser with much insight....or for other regulars on this forum....

When you look into your crystal ball, do you think that in the future....RCCL will eventually have a cruise from Southampton that has Ireland on the itinerary?

Impossible to say what will happen in 2023 and beyond but you asked about 2022 and those itineraries are set.  Doubtful that there will be any changes. 

there is only one ship unaccounted for in July 2022 and she is rumoured to be heading to The west coast of the US.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

17 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

😞  July of 2022 is locked in...already?

Southampton will have NO RCCL cruises...virtually for sure?

Yes all of July 2022 is locked in.  

Anthem is sailing from Southampton. A couple Norway cruises and then a long one headed south going to Spain and Portugal. 

these itineraries have been set for a while now. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I have seen short cruises from Southampton on Royal include a stop at Cork but that’s about it and never in July.

In July from Southampton the demand seems to be for the Fjords or for Spain and Mediterranean holiday cruises.

I can’t see this changing and I know the Amsterdam cruises don’t fit your duration expectations but I think they are the best you will get with Royal.

Everyone was helpful. Yes, we will likely do a short cruise from our own USA another time....maybe late December into early January?

Summer of 2022 we will take the suggestion above and just fly to Ireland and see it properly.

Thank you again everyone!

Steve

Hello,

The Indy used to call into Cork on its four night mini cruises. I think RCI got fed up with these (along with many cruisers) as too many over indulged in alcohol.

You could try Celebrity - it almost always calls into Ireland on the way to or from Iceland.

Regards,

Cublet

The new idea is to go on a "Christmas Cruise" or a "New Years Cruise" out of Cape Liberty.

That's how we can potentially make use of our RCCL Cruise Credit from the sailing that was canceled in July of 2020.

Ireland will be land only and not related to any cruising.

What are cruises available for Cape Liberty based on what I said in this post's opening sentence?

Thank you!!!! 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ

10 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

The new idea is to go on a "Christmas Cruise" or a "New Years Cruise" out of Cape Liberty.

That's how we can potentially make use of our RCCL Cruise Credit from the sailing that was canceled in July of 2020.

Ireland will be land only and not related to any cruising.

What are cruises available for Cape Liberty based on what I said in this post's opening sentence?

Thank you!!!! 🙂

Anthem 7 day Bahamas over Christmas, 9 night eastern over New Years. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We toured all of Great Britain with Trafalgar tours and the Ireland portion was great. Both northern and southern. I’m sure they would have shorter Ireland only tours. Hotels reserved, tours confirmed and great commentary from tour director. Hope you enjoy, the Irish are grand!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anthem 7 day Bahamas over Christmas, 9 night eastern over New Years. 

My family just booked the Anthem for 12/24/21. It's perfect timing for people that work in public school related professions. We have 4 cabins booked. It's a replacement for a family Greek Islands cruise that was canceled last summer. My mom and dad (83-92) are healthy but slowing down and this would be much easier and less money than flying down to Florida or anywhere else. They're treating the whole family. It's not an exciting itinerary but at the end of this pandemic it's ALL ABOUT being together as a family somewhere else besides our homes! This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm doing this particular itinerary on this ship. 

Edit: The Anthem is a PERFECT ship for winter East Coast sailings. There's two separate indoor pools and then you have the beautiful 270 to hang out in and of course the seaplex venue for indoor fun and games.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

My family just booked the Anthem for 12/24/21. It's perfect timing for people that work in public school related professions. We have 4 cabins booked. It's a replacement for a family Greek Islands cruise that was canceled last summer. My mom and dad (83-92) are healthy but slowing down and this would be much easier and less money than flying down to Florida or anywhere else. They're treating the whole family. It's not an exciting itinerary but at the end of this pandemic it's ALL ABOUT being together as a family somewhere else besides our homes! This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm doing this particular itinerary on this ship. 

Edit: The Anthem is a PERFECT ship for winter East Coast sailings. There's two separate indoor pools and then you have the beautiful 270 to hang out in and of course the seaplex venue for indoor fun and games.

I am booking Anthem for NYE 2022.  Works for us for the same reasons that you listed

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I'm a teacher so I totally agree with the 2nd sentence of your post.

Thanks for posting! 

42 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

If you like you can look at this eight day British Isles cruise out of Southampton.

Cruise Search Results - Princess Cruises

That IS what I was hoping RCCL would offer.

Myself, my wife and our 19 year old daughter each have $250 Cruise Credits.

That $750 can't be applied to Princess.

Too bad.

I have another thread where I'm considering a RCCL Cruise that goes to Ireland and Iceland.

It's long....but I can't dismiss it. 

My wife has always wanted to see Iceland ( a chance for Northern Lights) and I want to see Ireland again (last visit was 2012)

good luck SSBrickNJ.  I hope you can find a decent cruise to Ireland and Iceland.  I myself am booked with Jewel of the Seas 12 night British Isles cruise Aug 2022;  I know you said you didn't want to do a cruise that long.  We got a decent price and weather should be great that time of year.  Have a nice day

40 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

good luck SSBrickNJ.  I hope you can find a decent cruise to Ireland and Iceland.  I myself am booked with Jewel of the Seas 12 night British Isles cruise Aug 2022;  I know you said you didn't want to do a cruise that long.  We got a decent price and weather should be great that time of year.  Have a nice day

Well what a nice response you gave me. Thank you! 🙂 @AF-1

I think we will take a pass on Iceland.

The current plan is to use our RCCL Cruise Credits on a Christmas or New Year's Cruise out of our state's Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne NJ)

To celebrate my future 60th birthday, we will FLY to IRELAND in July of 2022. That trip will be totally land based.

Things could change....but for now that is the direction we are headed 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 3:44 AM, SSBrickNJ said:

Yes @Ourusualbeach

This was on Independence out of Southampton docked in Cobh(Cork) May 2018.

Graham.

IMG_20180531_094853.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 9:51 AM, SSBrickNJ said:

Well what a nice response you gave me. Thank you! 🙂 @AF-1

I think we will take a pass on Iceland.

The current plan is to use our RCCL Cruise Credits on a Christmas or New Year's Cruise out of our state's Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne NJ)

To celebrate my future 60th birthday, we will FLY to IRELAND in July of 2022. That trip will be totally land based.

Things could change....but for now that is the direction we are headed 🙂

You are welcome,  I grew up in Monmouth County

• Like 1