Mariner Sailings Changed

50 minutes ago, kidless said:

This is frustrating! I have not received an email but going in my account it says our January cruise cancelled...  Which was a lift & shift from this past January which was moved from a November cancelled cruise. 

It will be automatically rebooked on the corresponding cruise from the first post unless you call to choose a different option.  

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Let's dream bigger, move all the ships to the Florida water's and just let them sit there. Then people can go to Florida and treat all the ships like floating hotel rooms.............Cruise's to No Where, the ships just sits there and never moves, you pay like booking a hotel room..................For how many nights you want..........you will be tendered to the ship of your choose.

All sea days.

This is a really interesting idea.

An interesting note - When I sign in to my profile on Royal, yesterday my October 29th cruise showed as "3 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day" even after I received the cancellation notice.  

I used the link in the cancellation email to choose the October 29th cruise again, knowing that it may be a different itinerary but wanted to keep the same dates/departure port.  

Today my profile reads: "4 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise," but still shows me as paid in full.  Hopefully that is the final answer since I am perfectly fine with adding a day to my cruise! I will have to change my flight home, but since airlines are still pretty good with changes that should not be a problem.

Also, did I miss that the layout of the Cruise Planner has totally changed?  When did that happen?  I like it, a lot more!

6 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

Also, did I miss that the layout of the Cruise Planner has totally changed?  When did that happen?  I like it, a lot more!

This changed for mariner sailings only about 3 weeks ago.  they are testing it on Mariner sailings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This changed for mariner sailings only about 3 weeks ago.  they are testing it on Mariner sailings

Gotcha!  I just noticed that it was only Mariner. I like it, hopefully it rolls out to other ships as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

I'm not feeling too positive about my Mariner September sailing.  I noticed this morning that you can only book the 3 night cruises now and I'm on a 4 night sailing.  Yesterday, the other sailings were still showing as bookable.

It must be just a glitch in the website as every 4 night sailing in September is able to be booked on Royals site that travel agents use.

22 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

I'd be fine with that...whatever the itinerary is.  This is my one solo break per year.  I don't really care where it goes!! 🙂

We are booked the 29 Oct sailing on Mariner. I think the same date is available in Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale for 3 days under Option 2. 

I’m going to try to switch to that one. But I’ll wait a day or two. If I call today, I’ll be lucky to get through to Royal by the 29th!  LOL. 😳😳😳

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KBD1516 said:

We are booked the 29 Oct sailing on Mariner. I think the same date is available in Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale for 3 days under Option 2. 

I’m going to try to switch to that one. But I’ll wait a day or two. If I call today, I’ll be lucky to get through to Royal by the 29th!  LOL. 😳😳😳

I used the online link so I didn't have to call. I've done a couple of Lift & Shift's using the online tool and they have worked out okay, so I am hopeful that this does as well, but if not I guess I will call in a day or two as well.

That Navigator one would be my second choice, but I am already on the Navigator October 15 sailing two weeks earlier!  Still, any ship is better than no ship!  I really love both the Mariner & the Navigator so either one is really fine.

12 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

I used the online link so I didn't have to call. I've done a couple of Lift & Shift's using the online tool and they have worked out okay, so I am hopeful that this does as well, but if not I guess I will call in a day or two as well.

That Navigator one would be my second choice, but I am already on the Navigator October 15 sailing two weeks earlier!  Still, any ship is better than no ship!  I really love both the Mariner & the Navigator so either one is really fine.

I’m fine with either ship also. But I live much closer to Port Canaveral. My family likes to cruise over Halloween and get dressed up as Robin Hood and his merry band. So the date is important to us. 

we are in a group booking so I’m going to call groups to make sure everybody transfers at once and gets nearby cabins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KBD1516 said:

The Navigator was not listed as an option on the e mail that listed the choices.  It was Mariner only

We were booked on the 4/4/22 sailing. Unfortunately, none of the alternates will work for us. Too bad, we had a pretty good price on a JS. One of the only times I booked refundable and now it doesn’t matter. 

Looks like we may do the 8N Allure on 4/2, as a side-to-side with the Celebrity Reflection, which we are on 3/26. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

5 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

An interesting note - When I sign in to my profile on Royal, yesterday my October 29th cruise showed as "3 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day" even after I received the cancellation notice.  

I used the link in the cancellation email to choose the October 29th cruise again, knowing that it may be a different itinerary but wanted to keep the same dates/departure port.  

Today my profile reads: "4 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise," but still shows me as paid in full.  Hopefully that is the final answer since I am perfectly fine with adding a day to my cruise! I will have to change my flight home, but since airlines are still pretty good with changes that should not be a problem.

We were also supposed to be on the October 29 cruise . Does the revised October 29 return on Tuesday, November 2 ? If so that sounds great!

@Ourusualbeach Another question - sorry ...with our original sailing being the 28th - if we don't want to sail on the 14th Easter 5 night cruise, they are saying we can switch to 4/5, 4/19 or 4/28 - are these 4 or 5 night cruises? 

Also where can I find the itinerary of the 14th cruise? 

Edited by CTCruiser76

4 hours ago, seabeew said:

We were also supposed to be on the October 29 cruise . Does the revised October 29 return on Tuesday, November 2 ? If so that sounds great!

I believe it does.  There is no itinerary for it yet, but it is now a 4 day and it still leaves on Oct 29 so that is what I think is happening.  The next scheduled cruise that can be booked is a 5 night cruise on November 5 which would leave the option for two 4 days, Oct. 29 & Nov. 2.  No insider info at all, just my WAG, but I would be happy with that!

19 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

@Ourusualbeach Another question - sorry ...with our original sailing being the 28th - if we don't want to sail on the 14th Easter 5 night cruise, they are saying we can switch to 4/5, 4/19 or 4/28 - are these 4 or 5 night cruises? 

Also where can I find the itinerary of the 14th cruise? 

Those should  all be 5 night cruises. 

On 3/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I am guessing that even though the Oct 29 sailing is still an option it is a different itinerary which is why they allowed the different dates and gave people the option.  Unfortunately none of these new itineraries are available for viewing

Yep, I am booked on 10/29 & 10/15. So the automatic move to 10/15 is no bueno. I called, he could not tell me what the "new" itinerary was for 10/29, but I have decided to keep it no matter what it is.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be automatically rebooked on the corresponding cruise from the first post unless you call to choose a different option.  

Last night our cruise showed Cancelled it is a January 20th 4 day. This afternoon I received a letter telling me cruise was cancelled with similar verbiage as the letter Op posted. I again went in my account to see if we were moved I am now still on the January 20th tonight Only it does not show cancelled but its now called a 4 day Charter Cruise.

6 minutes ago, kidless said:

Last night our cruise showed Cancelled it is a January 20th 4 day. This afternoon I received a letter telling me cruise was cancelled with similar verbiage as the letter Op posted. I again went in my account to see if we were moved I am now still on the January 20th tonight Only it does not show cancelled but its now called a 4 day Charter Cruise.

There will most likely be issues for a couple weeks. According to the letter they aren’t doing the changeover until April 2.

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There will most likely be issues for a couple weeks. According to the letter they aren’t doing the changeover until April 2.

I did a little research and found our January 20th cruise is indeed a charter cruise now. Which apparently we are still on. I will be changing if RCI doesn’t as the charter is the Groove Cruise and although it might be a hoot for an hour or two it isn’t my cup of tea for a four day cruise. 

2 minutes ago, kidless said:

I did a little research and found our January 20th cruise is indeed a charter cruise now. Which apparently we are still on. I will be changing if RCI doesn’t as the charter is the Groove Cruise and although it might be a hoot for an hour or two it isn’t my cup of tea for a four day cruise. 

We’ve been on several partial charters and never even knew they were on board other than seeing a lot of people wearing the same t shirts.  They have their own functions and it doesn’t impact you. 

it may only be a couple hundred people. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach