On Deck research panel

Dermotsgirl

I’ve had an email from P&O inviting me to join their ‘On Deck’ online research panel, in order to ‘influence the future of P&O’

I can answer a short questionnaire to register my interest, then I’ll get surveys and opportunities to join focus groups etc.

I intend to register, as I quite enjoy doing surveys.

Has everyone got this email, or have I been specially selected?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve had an email from P&O inviting me to join their ‘On Deck’ online research panel, in order to ‘influence the future of P&O’

I can answer a short questionnaire to register my interest, then I’ll get surveys and opportunities to join focus groups etc.

Might be interested to read "On Deck" market research programme thread on Cunard makes very interested reading and you might have second thoughts about signing up after reading the small print.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don't know about specially selected, but OH gets P&O's emails, but did not get that.  We have not done a lot of P&O cruises in recent years though with Arcadia Baltic in summer 2019 being the last.  Had a Canada + US booked on Aurora for this September, but changed to an Iona Fjords, which has since been cancelled.  We are only in the upper Mediterranean Peninsular club, having sailed since 2006.

I keep asking (and asking) for emails and do not get them. 

• Like 1

Sadly, I feel that most commerical organisations these days construct market research to get the responses they want. As P&O are plotting a different course to me these days, I don't think it would be worthwhile me signing up in the unlikely event they invited me anyway... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Might be interested to read "On Deck" market research programme thread on Cunard makes very interested reading and you might have second thoughts about signing up after reading the small print.

I just read that - see what you mean.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tring said:

I don't know about specially selected, but OH gets P&O's emails, but did not get that.  We have not done a lot of P&O cruises in recent years though with Arcadia Baltic in summer 2019 being the last.  Had a Canada + US booked on Aurora for this September, but changed to an Iona Fjords, which has since been cancelled.  We are only in the upper Mediterranean Peninsular club, having sailed since 2006.

I just went over to Cunard and looking at the T&C's quoted there I wouldn't touch the questionnaire with a bargepole. Why give opinions that could land you liable for monetary damages.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Sadly, I feel that most commerical organisations these days construct market research to get the responses they want. As P&O are plotting a different course to me these days, I don't think it would be worthwhile me signing up in the unlikely event they invited me anyway... 

that’s one of the reasons why I am considering it - I might give them answers they don’t want! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I just had a look.

Well, I’ve had second thoughts now. Thanks for the heads up 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

that’s one of the reasons why I am considering it - I might give them answers they don’t want! 

The cynic in me says they would give you several multiple-choice options, all of which they are happy to hear 😂. Of course, we'll never know because those taking part are bound by the secrecy clause...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I recieved one and deleted it. I don't do surveys. I may be silly, but I always think there's an ulterior motive😏

Avril

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tring said:

I can divert some of mine if you like. Honestly, there's plenty to go round.😉

Avril

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I recieved one and deleted it. I don't do surveys. I may be silly, but I always think there's an ulterior motive😏

Avril

I don't mind the after cruise survey's where I praise certain individuals who deserve extra credit.

Graham.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't mind the after cruise survey's where I praise certain individuals who deserve extra credit.

Graham.

Now those I will do, but they're more of a questionaire not a survey.

Avril

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I got one addressed to my husband though, so I deleted it as he doesn’t do surveys. The only one I fill regularly is Hermes because they’re hopeless, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference!

It must depend on the local courier, because our Hermes lady is excellent, always on time whatever the weather.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Haven't received this email, which is probably a good thing 😂

You can always suggest to them that there is a virtual panel of experienced guests on these boards who will only be too happy to offer a critique, to help them do better...🤣

• Like 2

Just now, No pager thank you said:

Haven't received this email, which is probably a good thing 😂

You can always suggest to them that there is a virtual panel of experienced guests on these boards who will only be too happy to offer a critique, to help them do better...🤣

Then, if they dislike, for whatever reason, anything posted, it could be promptly removed without any prior or post discussion.

• Haha 1

I didn’t get the email! I would have liked to join but I need to see this Cunard page - intriguing! 
I used to do surveys for M&S but I got bored , everyone was the same questions! They’d asked if I liked, disliked or no opinion on say a green shirt then ask the same about the same shirt but in white! Then the same about a black shirt and the same one in pink!

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I didn’t get the email! I would have liked to join but I need to see this Cunard page - intriguing! 
I used to do surveys for M&S but I got bored , everyone was the same questions! They’d asked if I liked, disliked or no opinion on say a green shirt then ask the same about the same shirt but in white! Then the same about a black shirt and the same one in pink!

I did those for a while - all I got were children's clothes. My youngest is now 33 and I have no grandchildren, so my opinion would have been of no use to them whatsoever.

• Like 1

P&O and other surveys that are tick the box answers seem to corral you 

into the answers they want . :classic_unsure:

1/ Would you like more egg dishes onboard than meat?               Yes/No

2 If we gave you six eggs for breakfast would you be happy?      Yes/No

3/ Too many eggs is unhealthy for you ,do you agree                    Yes/No

Months later in a Q&A  We thought it a good idea to ration you to one egg 

per day after our customer survey showed this was a popular idea .:classic_wacko:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kalos said:

per day after our customer survey showed this was a popular idea .:classic_wacko:

Indeed Kalos - that's kind of what I was meaning at #5 & #10 earlier. They decide what answers they want and then devise the questions. But of course, all the changes they make are as a result of "customer feedback"...🤔🙄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kalos said:

On RC post cruise survey's.

Did any crew member ask you to give them a 10 on the survey?

Who was it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kalos said:

You may be right, but it does seem a rather pointless waste of money, if they steer you to an answer you know was arrived at by these means, they ought to know you would pass it on with a post on CC.

• Like 1