East Coast RCCL Dec. 24th - Jan. 2nd

I'm a teacher in NJ

School will be closed from Dec. 24th 2021 - Jan. 2nd 2022

What is a RCCL ship that departs the East Coast during that window of opportunity that goes to:

Puerto Rico

or St. Thomas

or St. Croix

Truthfully the main goal is to avoid our prior destinations of Cozumel, Nassau and Bermuda....if possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to be helpful! 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ

5 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Thank you for your post @lovelife

Please be aware everyone that I am flexible for Florida departures as well. 🙂

Ha ha.  I assumed too much from your NJ location!  Just plug in all suitable departure ports and destination Caribbean and they will pop up on RCG's website.

9 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Ha ha.  I assumed too much from your NJ location!  Just plug in all suitable departure ports and destination Caribbean and they will pop up on RCG's website.

The problem is airfare, or the cost of it.You're going to be paying $500/rt/pp to fly from NJ to Southern Florida during Christmas time. That's just crazy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The problem is airfare, or the cost of it.You're going to be paying $500/rt/pp to fly from NJ to Southern Florida during Christmas time. That's just crazy. 

If a departure on the 25th or 26th I can drive to Florida...Port Canaveral is the quickest to get to.  Yet I'd have to be on a 5 day cruise so the ship would return back in time for me to drive back to NJ prior to school resuming.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

If a departure on the 25th or 26th I can drive. Yet I'd have to be on a 5 day cruise so the ship would return back in time for me to drive back.

Unfortunately you have too many stipulations for the timing to workout. My sister works for a public school system on Long Island and that's why our family cruise is on the Anthem. Agreed the itinerary is shitty but at this point it's ALL about the family being TOGETHER for the holiday somewhere BESIDES our own homes. We have 4 cabins booked, complements of mom and dad (83 & 92!!!).

16 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Departs on 12/24

image.thumb.png.b1c0db4e6cb7978ecb4984604a3defe7.png

Thanks ...but probably gonna pass.

I can't drive to Miami. Too far.

I COULD fly but it would likely be very expensive to travel from NJ to Miami on Christmas Eve.

Just now, SSBrickNJ said:

I COULD fly but it would likely be very expensive to travel from NJ to Miami on Christmas Eve.

I need NJ, Baltimore or Orlando...or maybe Tampa if it is just an hour beyond Orlando.

59 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

How about Christmas vacation in 2022?

Are those out yet?

NJ

MD

Orlando????

Yes those are out but you wont be able to use your FCC's on them.  Out of NJ there is a 7 day and an 8 day Bahamas on Anthem for Christmas and New Years

sailings for Baltimore have not been released for Dec 2022.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

32 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

31 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I need NJ, Baltimore or Orlando...or maybe Tampa if it is just an hour beyond Orlando.

LOL, its too far to drive to Miami but you can drive to Port Canaveral or Tampa?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

LOL, its too far to drive to Miami but you can drive to Port Canaveral or Tampa?

YES.

Brick NJ to Port Canaveral is 16 hours 18 minutes by car

Brick NJ to Miami is 20 hours by car

That IS a critical difference to me.

I'll Google Tampa and report back...

Edited by SSBrickNJ

YES.

Brick NJ to Port Canaveral is 16 hours 18 minutes by car

Brick NJ to Miami is 20 hours by car

That IS a critical difference to me.

I'll Google Tampa and report back...

Google maps states that Brick NJ to Tampa's Cruise Terminal would be 17 hours 8 minutes by car.

I have driven to Port Canaveral twice in the past to take cruises from there.

It was super exhausting for me. 😩

I would prefer not to go further south.

Someday I'll retire and I can cruise in October when all the kids are in school.

That will be awesome!

Yet I like being a 5th grade band director and I have no target date for retirement.

I'm still having fun! 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ

9 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Google maps states that Brick NJ to Tampa's Cruise Terminal would be 17 hours 8 minutes by car.

I have driven to Port Canaveral twice in the past to take cruises from there.

It was super exhausting for me. 😩

I would prefer not to go further south.

Someday I'll retire and I can cruise in October when all the kids are in school.

That will be awesome!

Yet I like being a 5th grade band director and I have no target date for retirement.

I'm still having fun! 🙂

I'm used to the drive.  Twice a year for the past 10 years from Toronto.  Wife's a teacher so we are Christmas and march break like you. 25 hours to Miami.  Port Canaveral is the short drive.

• Haha 1

The Brillance leaves out of Tampa on Dec 24, 2021 for five night but that might be cutting it to close for you. I don’t know which airport you would fly out of but take a look at prices now or use RCG air 2sea program so that if the cruise is cancelled you will not have to pay air fare and if it’s put on your reservation you would not pay for it until final payment. However air 2 sea many not be the cheapest. 

19 minutes ago, Larryhnj said:

The Brillance leaves out of Tampa on Dec 24, 2021 for five night but that might be cutting it to close for you. I don’t know which airport you would fly out of but take a look at prices now or use RCG air 2sea program so that if the cruise is cancelled you will not have to pay air fare and if it’s put on your reservation you would not pay for it until final payment. However air 2 sea many not be the cheapest. 

I would have to fly the night before to do that.

Where does it go during those 5 days?

5 NIGHT

Western Caribbean Cruise

LEAVING FROM: Tampa, Florida, onboard Brilliance of the Seas

VISITING:Tampa, Florida | Cruising | Cozumel, Mexico | George Town, Grand Cayman | Cruising | Tampa, Florida

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm used to the drive.  Twice a year for the past 10 years from Toronto.  Wife's a teacher so we are Christmas and march break like you. 25 hours to Miami.  Port Canaveral is the short drive.

Short drive would be to Bayonne,  let me know when you book it,  Donna and I will buy you a drink onboard.

6 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Short drive would be to Bayonne,  let me know when you book it,  Donna and I will buy you a drink onboard.

That would be a short drive.  NY 2022 is my back up plan if my Mariner sailing Jan 2, 2023 doesn’t work with the kids university schedules. 

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

We have tentatively decided to select Anthem of the Seas near us.

Dec. 2021 

Never been on that size ship before.

Our biggest was Explorer of the Seas.

The Anthem is a great ship that is particularly well suited to winter cruises from Bayonne.  We also live in Brick and find it very easy to get to the port and back. 

Let me know if you have any questions,

Tom