RCG sailing from St. Maarten in June

Testing the waters sailing out of St Maarten and Nassau strike me as a good idea. I'm a bit skeptical about the logistics, but presumably they have been sorted.

Sadly Canada does not consider cruising an essential reason for leaving and returning. Entry requirements as a result are a bit onerous and certainly add significantly to thrip costs.

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

Would high speed ferries not run into the same CDC issues as cruise ships?

CSO applies only to ships with a minimum 24 hour stay on board.

Staten Island ferries can carry thousands.   Other ferries around the country as well.  CSO doesn't apply.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

St. Maartens requirement is all visitors to the island must show a negative PCR test from within the past 72 hours

I don't know where or how i could get such a quick-result test, unless i claimed symptoms.

Kroger is doing antibody tests. Not PCR. I got one. Results take about 15 minutes but antibody tests are not sufficient for international travel requirements.

Many airports do now have on-site PCR testing available. Not cheap, but available.

8 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

I don't know where or how i could get such a quick-result test, unless i claimed symptoms.

Where in Texas are you @Etta1213?  In the DFW area, there are hundreds of drive through stations that I refer patients to for PCR testing, and results are usually available within 12-18 hours.

21 hours ago, twangster said:

Celebrity is blocking inside and OV so these will be Verandah and higher, at least to start.  They also confirmed these are their new "Always Included" fares. Antigen tests on board are included.

That accounts for some of the apparently higher pricing.  

They also said they aren't preventing B2B cruise bookings although they need to figure out the PCR test requirement for the second cruise.  

Just got back last week from Hawaii which currently requires a negative test result (PCR).  There is a PCR test that goes to a lab for processing.  There’s also a rapid PCR test and results are “guaranteed” w/i 24 hrs.  However, ours came back about 3-4 hours.  Talked to someone who said she got hers about 15 minutes after leaving the Walgreens where she got it.

Test is processed on site at Walgreens and, I’ll guess, other outlets.  If Walgreens can handle it, I’ll assume RCL can handle it as well for B2B cruisers.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I had no idea there was a rapid PCR test. That's good to know.

It is the Abbot ID Now test which is based on PCR technology.  Abbot describes the machine that evaluates your specimen as being "the size of a toaster."  You take the test at the pharmacy drive-up window. 

Hawaii requires that you upload your test result 72 hours prior to the departure of your flight to the islands.  If you have to make a connection, the departure is based on the last leg.  Once Hawaii officials get it and the completed form, they send you a QR code that you use to enter HI.  They have checkpoints at the airports.