RCG sailing from St. Maarten in June

53 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Bingo! My thoughts exactly ... plus also they way they've been treated by US government & CDC, I have a feeling we may be seeing a little more of this, and perhaps a few countries maybe thinking about expanding cruise services by building a proper terminal to support embarkation/disembarkation.

I wish RCG the best of luck.  If Celebrity can sail the Millennium smoothly from St. Marteen with no Covid outbreaks, maybe that will convince CDC that safe cruising is possible and greenlight mainland sailings.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Have they said anything about masks and shore excursions yet?  

I keep reading articles to find out that exact information. Nothing yet. If they say no masks, I will book the second that the bookings open on the 25th!

1 minute ago, Booking It said:

I keep reading articles to find out that exact information. Nothing yet. If they say no masks, I will book the second that the bookings open on the 25th!

I found this regarding shore excursions:

"Celebrity will offer a range of tours at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those who want to explore with only members of their family or traveling companions."

Can't find anything on masks. 

Here's a snip from the email sent to Captain's Club members:

"As always, the health and safety of our guests, crew and places we visit continues to be our top priority. The ship will sail with vaccinated crew and will be available to vaccinated adult guests and children under the age of 18 with a negative test result within 72 hours of embarkation. In addition, guests must meet St. Maarten’s travel requirements, which currently include presenting a negative PCR test taken within 72-hours of arrival to the island. Celebrity Millennium will sail with comprehensive, multilayered health and safety measures developed with expert guidance from parent company Royal Caribbean Group’s Healthy Sail Panel and Global Head of Public Health and Chief Medical Officer; and local health and government authorities. These measures, including vaccination requirements, will evolve in keeping with current public health standards. Details on all health and safety measures across the entire Celebrity Cruises vacation experience can be found at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea."

I think it's pretty safe to assume masks will be required.

2 minutes ago, dv70 said:

Here's a snip from the email sent to Captain's Club members:

"As always, the health and safety of our guests, crew and places we visit continues to be our top priority. The ship will sail with vaccinated crew and will be available to vaccinated adult guests and children under the age of 18 with a negative test result within 72 hours of embarkation. In addition, guests must meet St. Maarten’s travel requirements, which currently include presenting a negative PCR test taken within 72-hours of arrival to the island. Celebrity Millennium will sail with comprehensive, multilayered health and safety measures developed with expert guidance from parent company Royal Caribbean Group’s Healthy Sail Panel and Global Head of Public Health and Chief Medical Officer; and local health and government authorities. These measures, including vaccination requirements, will evolve in keeping with current public health standards. Details on all health and safety measures across the entire Celebrity Cruises vacation experience can be found at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea."

I think it's pretty safe to assume masks will be required.

Yes, I agree with you, especially for the very first cruise -- I'm sure they don't want to take any chances. 

I've been wondering about this for a while now, whether the cruise lines will say "to h*** with the CDC" and find ports they CAN sail from. Good on 'em.

Our next 2 cruises are from foreign ports, as well. Oh, I know the CDC's mission is to protect the public, but so what? Does that mean Israel, the UK, Italy, St Maarten, etc. don't want to protect their citizens? Seems cruising is safe enough from THOSE places, just not here, despite the fact that more Americans are being vaccinated and cases are dropping. The CDC's just a laughingstock at this point, IMHO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I was thinking $4,000 for two people is a bit pricy. But a friend of mine just said that if it includes airfare, it is not a bad deal. Sha and her family are just back from an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, they did four days and it was about $2,000 for two, including airfare from Miami. 

Yea I thought you meant 1999 cruisefare. Being solo I see the price as for 1. Once I put in 1 pax, the price is total not pp x 2. Double not so good, I'll wait. 4k too much for me. And flying from dallas for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I've been wondering about this for a while now, whether the cruise lines will say "to h*** with the CDC" and find ports they CAN sail from. Good on 'em.

Our next 2 cruises are from foreign ports, as well. Oh, I know the CDC's mission is to protect the public, but so what? Does that mean Israel, the UK, Italy, St Maarten, etc. don't want to protect their citizens? Seems cruising is safe enough from THOSE places, just not here, despite the fact that more Americans are being vaccinated and cases are dropping. The CDC's just a laughingstock at this point, IMHO.

The cdc says dont travel yet ...as in me going to florida. If they dont want vaccinated people travelling within the usa, unlikely we can cruise soon. 

I'm not laughing at the cdc, I'm angry. Idiots ignoring science. Vaccinated should be ok to travel like from texas to florida. They still say vaccinated dont travel ..at all, even within the usa. Not even talking cruising. I mean cdc says vaccinated stay home dont travel at all yet. So behind the science.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I was interested but read that the price is $1,999 per person. That is for a verandah, but I think I will wait. 

From what I'm understanding, that price includes airfar, balcony, drink package, wifi, and tips.  If this is the case, then that price is not out of line for a 7 day cruise to the A.B.C islands...plus St.Marteen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

The cdc says dont travel yet ...as in me going to florida. If they dont want vaccinated people travelling within the usa, unlikely we can cruise soon. 

I'm not laughing at the cdc, I'm angry. Idiots ignoring science. Vaccinated should be ok to travel. 

We're going to Florida tomorrow. For the 2nd time in 3 months. And went to Mexico last August. And we're fine. I'm sick and tired of the CDC saying "travel isn't safe." Having the CDC in charge of travel is like having an insurance company in charge of a playground: every kid would have to wear shoulder pads, a helmet, sign a waiver, everything would be made of soft foam rubber and nothing could be more than 1' off the ground. The CDC can go to, never mind, can't say it, let's just say it's hot there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not laughing at the cdc, I'm angry. Idiots ignoring science. Vaccinated should be ok to travel like from texas to florida. They still say vaccinated dont travel ..at all, even within the usa. Not even talking cruising. I mean cdc says vaccinated stay home dont travel at all yet. So behind the science.

No. The CDC‘s mission is to protect public health. As much as we don’t like to hear it or are burnt out because of it, travel spreads disease. Cruising is high risk. Their current guidance does not stay (or any way require) you to simply not travel. It says don’t be an idiot and partake in high risk activities that we know contribute to spreading disease. The entity responsible for public health isn’t going to encourage high risk activities. Not happening. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We're going to Florida tomorrow. For the 2nd time in 3 months. And went to Mexico last August. And we're fine. I'm sick and tired of the CDC saying "travel isn't safe." Having the CDC in charge of travel is like having an insurance company in charge of a playground: every kid would have to wear shoulder pads, a helmet, sign a waiver, everything would be made of soft foam rubber and nothing could be more than 1' off the ground. The CDC can go to, never mind, can't say it, let's just say it's hot there.

It will be my 2nd time to florida. Last time I drove but think I'll fly now. I wasnt but 1 shot vaccinated last time so was still extra careful. I can tell you all the McDonalds I stopped at were drive thru only. You had to find a truck stop or a rest area to find a rest room. This was very end of January. 

Florida might be open but not the states between texas and florida. I'm about to where I dont want to hear and more with the words covid or vaccine and avoiding posting on those toxic argumentation threads. Too many know it alls demanding stepford wives like thinking. No tolerance. 

I'm buying a condo there, so my timing is what it is. Have to go oversee some work being done next month. Otherwise I'd wait and hope the cdc catches up to reality of science. Vaccinated can travel within usa.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Their current guidance does not stay (or any way require) you to simply not travel.

Actually, that's exactly what it says. Sorry to contradict you.

This is from last month:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html

"Travel increases your chance of spreading and getting COVID-19. Delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19, even if you are vaccinated."

FYI delay travel = don't travel. And yes, they literally say you shouldn't travel even if you are vaccinated.

So yeah, they're telling you to stay home and NOT TRAVEL. Good thing I don't listen to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

No. The CDC‘s mission is to protect public health. As much as we don’t like to hear it or are burnt out because of it, travel spreads disease. Cruising is high risk. Their current guidance does not stay (or any way require) you to simply not travel. It says don’t be an idiot and partake in high risk activities that we know contribute to spreading disease. The entity responsible for public health isn’t going to encourage high risk activities. Not happening. 

My post said specifically travel ..as in within the usa. I said little hope of cruising near term if cdc says dont travel ..at all.. within usa.  Even if vaccinated. 

Now I am reading your post and think it's you confused. I saw it on tv that cdc still says do not travel at all, even within usa, even if vaccinated... maybe you are confused what cdc says about all travel.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Actually, that's exactly what it says. Sorry to contradict you.

This is from last month:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html

"Travel increases your chance of spreading and getting COVID-19. Delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19, even if you are vaccinated."

FYI delay travel = don't travel. And yes, they literally say you shouldn't travel even if you are vaccinated.

So yeah, they're telling you to stay home and NOT TRAVEL. Good thing I don't listen to them.

....followed by 3 pages of what to do before and after if you ‘must’ travel. If they didn’t want any travel, period, things would be much much different. 

The CDC telling people to travel in high risk situations is like a CFO telling people to spend recklessly. Its counter productive to their objective. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

....followed by 3 pages of what to do before and after if you ‘must’ travel. If they didn’t want any travel, period, things would be much much different. 

The CDC telling people to travel in high risk situations is like a CFO telling people to spend recklessly. Its counter productive to their objective. 

Yes, 'must' as in "have to," like for work, if you're a diplomat, airline crew member, etc. It's clear to me that the CDC is saying no one, even the vaccinated, should be traveling. AT ALL. I don't know how much clearer I can make it for you. At any rate, I'm not doing what the CDC tells me. My problem is that the cruise industry (which, hello? that's what this forum is for) is essentially prevented from sailing from the US because of the CDC. It's a joke. Have a good one. I'm done.

• Like 2

Part of the reason CDC still discourages unnecessary travel is the uncertainty of variants. I am continually amazed by the number of expert epidemiologists posting contrary opinions in these forums. 

• Like 6