Well, they finally removed my points.

reeinaz

And everyone on a public forum needs to know this detail of an individual's latitudes account why exactly? 🤔

oversharing
noun

the disclosure of an inappropriate amount of detail about one's personal life.
"oversharing has become commonplace thanks to social media"

Aw darn. I had hoped those would be like a consolation prize for having my cruises canceled. I was set to sail solo on March 15 of last year which would have put me to Platinum and then my SO was going to join me the following week, on March 22nd so we could sail together and enjoy my Platinum status. Alas, none of that happened. The cruises we cancelled on March 13 and when I saw the points still awarded to my account, I had hoped that was one of the "perks" of cancelation along with the FCC. Should have known better!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Aw darn. I had hoped those would be like a consolation prize for having my cruises canceled. I was set to sail solo on March 15 of last year which would have put me to Platinum and then my SO was going to join me the following week, on March 22nd so we could sail together and enjoy my Platinum status. Alas, none of that happened. The cruises we cancelled on March 13 and when I saw the points still awarded to my account, I had hoped that was one of the "perks" of cancelation along with the FCC. Should have known better!

Agreed.  I thought they would keep those reward points for any cancelled cruise booked PRIOR to the shutdown as long as it was paid in full and you accepted those original FCC's.  It would have been a nice gesture, something that honestly costs NCL nothing of significance, and only helps build loyalty. 

• Like 3

I wonder why?  Starting a thread way back when and discussing how you received FREE points on a cruise that you never completed.  Once again, cruisers hoping and wishing and praying for compassion from the cruise industry.  Lets get the schools open before we all cruise and accumulate points again.✌️

7 hours ago, Back to school said:

Rome is burning., prioritize Latitudes points audit!😂

Seems quite silly to me that NCL is spending man hours and resources to remove latitude points from cruises 1 year ago. Would have been a nice gesture for them to just leave them, especially those that had their cruise cancelled 1-2 days before they were supposed to sail. 

• Like 5

it's amazing that people are still posting about this topic.  

while i'm not an ncl cheerleader, or defender, you get awarded the points AFTER you get back from the cruise. that's when they are added to your latitudes account.

while i cant fault you for thinking it would be a "nice" gesture to have ncl let you keep them, you didnt earn them,you were not entitled to them, and it was a mistake.

in effect you lost nothing, just returned to your former, current  level.

so please stop complaining about a non-issue.

oh by the way, there isnt a great deal of difference between platinum and platinum+ 
im sure i'll probably be d**ned by a bunch of you, but really you all have  nothing to complain about (at least on this subject)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

while i'm not an ncl cheerleader, or defender, you get awarded the points AFTER you get back from the cruise. that's when they are added to your latitudes account.

while i cant fault you for thinking it would be a "nice" gesture to have ncl let you keep them, you didnt earn them,you were not entitled to them, and it was a mistake.

in effect you lost nothing, just returned to your former, current  level.

oh by the way, there isnt a great deal of difference between platinum and platinum+ 
im sure i'll probably be d**ned by a bunch of you, but really you all have  nothing to complain about (at least on this subject)

I was merely asking whether the points system has changed for the tiers?

what do you really have to complain about? i dont know about you, but i choose the cruise line based on itinerary, price and time of sailing.

the latitudes program is nice to have, but to me its completely irrelevant.

if you could book a really nice cabin at a decent price from/ to ports you wish to see, wouldnt you do it, regardless of a "point" system.

sure, it's nice to have a bottle of wine waiting for you in the cabin, or a free bag of laundry, but would the lack of these really keep you from booking?

go on, COMPLAIN if you must, but ncl owes you nothing but a nice vacation consistent with what you paid for.

what value are you looking for. you get a nice room, good food, great atmosphere, shows, and still you want to b***h because ncl took away points you werent entitled to anyway.

as a good friend of mine once said "you'd probably complain if you were hung with a new rope

sorry, your argument holds absolutely "0" merit

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, rachiem said:

Mine have been removed too (cancelled March 2020 sailing) but I'm still showing as silver with only 21 points? Shouldn't I only have that at 25 points?

I believe silver is above 30 latitudes points and I don’t think they have changed the points system recently.

However in the past when they have changed the minimum points level for a tier that you are already in, that would have dropped you to a lower one they have historically “Grandfathered” you into that higher level.

I would guess that it may just be a possibility that as you had achieved silver status before they removed your points they may have done the same and left you there.😄

Or...They just haven’t got around to knocking you back to Bronze yet.😥

Edited by Stevio

14 minutes ago, Stevio said:

Personally I don't book a cruise for the itinerary, price or time of sailing.

I do it purely for the latitudes points.

Edited by Stevio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, complawyer said:

I guess it's a matter of perspective.  I don't see this post as complaining, just a few statements of fact and some wishful thinking.  I don't make a habit of checking my point status, so wouldn't have known that they did eventually remove the points from cancelled cruises. Not that my points mattered that much as I was already platinum, the extra points would have put me platinum +.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevio said:

I believe silver is above 30 latitudes points and I don’t think they have changed the points system recently.

However in the past when they have changed the minimum points level for a tier that you are already in, that would have dropped you to a lower one they have historically “Grandfathered” you into that higher level.

I would guess that it may just be a possibility that as you had achieved silver status before they removed your points they may have done the same and left you there.😄

Or...They just haven’t got around to knocking you back to Bronze yet.😥

Thank you...wondering whether to book some excursions to get the 10% discount, just in case 

46 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Thank you...wondering whether to book some excursions to get the 10% discount, just in case 

If you are currently Silver and qualify for the 10% discount, I see no reason not to book excursions with NCL.

Make sure you spend over £100 on a UK credit card for full protection (just in case they go bust) & if they or you cancel they should just refund back to your card (as they did with my previous cruise).

When booking online any 10% should appear just before the checkout page. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, complawyer said:

Can you quote me a post on this thread that could be described as "complaining"? The OP just stated a fact with no further commentary. A few other people expressed some disappointment. I have seen no posts that rise to the level of "complaining" in this thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, Stevio said:

Yep.  That happened to me several years ago with Gold level.