Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

2 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Have Barclays travel plus with our bank account. I e-mailed today and they have said will be covered for the full 10million as if we were abroad. Only thing they don't cover is medical expenses as it is free on nhs and we are in UK waters. So it looks like we won't have full cover so won't be going.

Same response as a lot of other insurance companies. however there are some which will cover you for onboard medical expenses, hopefully!

There are insurance companies that will cover for P&O/Cunard/Princess UK waters cruises. We have received an endorsement letter from our insurance company which states the following - 

The persons named on the Staysure Validation Certificate for the abovementioned policy shall be covered up to the limits shown in the table of benefits within the policy wording document for pre-authorised Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses incurred on a ?Staycation? cruise solely around the British Isles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have just checked my e-mail from barclays travel insurance it says uk cruises have same cover as uk holidays. Just looked in booklet and says uk holidays insured for £10,000 so not even close. Not sure if I want to pay extra somewhere else just for 3/4 days.

5 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Looks like Holiday Extras have finally amended policy wording on Gold Cruise Policy (p31) to define abroad as having embarked a cruise ship.  Still no cover for cancellation if you are told to self isolate by NHS track & trace.

https://www.holidayextras.com/images/groups/insurancemagenta/policy_wording/GoldCruise0421.pdf

P& O said they will cover you if that happens. You get a FCC I think.

6 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Looks like Holiday Extras have finally amended policy wording on Gold Cruise Policy (p31) to define abroad as having embarked a cruise ship.  Still no cover for cancellation if you are told to self isolate by NHS track & trace.

https://www.holidayextras.com/images/groups/insurancemagenta/policy_wording/GoldCruise0421.pdf

oops, sorry found it now

Edited by davecttr

1 hour ago, marylizcat said:

P& O said they will cover you if that happens. You get a FCC I think.

Here is what website says:

Future Cruise Credit

If you are unable to cruise due to a positive COVID-19 test within 14 days of sailing, you will be denied boarding but we’re pleased to say you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to the value of the cruise and we will automatically refund any pre-cruise purchases made through My P&O Cruises*.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, marylizcat said:

Here is what website says:

Future Cruise Credit

If you are unable to cruise due to a positive COVID-19 test within 14 days of sailing, you will be denied boarding but we’re pleased to say you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to the value of the cruise and we will automatically refund any pre-cruise purchases made through My P&O Cruises*.

But what if you test positive, say 20 days before sailing and still feel unwell to sail?

I had covid last year and it took me a good couple of months before I felt like doing anything so it is entirely possible.

12 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

But what if you test positive, say 20 days before sailing and still feel unwell to sail?

I had covid last year and it took me a good couple of months before I felt like doing anything so it is entirely possible.

That should be covered by your travel insurance. Just checked and mine says it covers:

• Cancelling or cutting short your trip if you, a member of your family or travelling party, are medically diagnosed with Coronavirus or personally instructed to isolate by an NHS service or medical professional.

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Just had a quote from staysure who said they would send us a certificate for the full cover to show at the terminal. Less than half the price of P&O/Princess cover.

We have an annual policy with Staysure and they sent me an endorsement letter by e-mail confirming cover for my Princess Staycation cruise in UK waters.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have an annual policy with Staysure and they sent me an endorsement letter by e-mail confirming cover for my Princess Staycation cruise in UK waters.

We have a travel policy with our bank but they aren't doing these seacations. So this will be a 1 off single policy.

14 hours ago, marylizcat said:

That should be covered by your travel insurance. Just checked and mine says it covers:

• Cancelling or cutting short your trip if you, a member of your family or travelling party, are medically diagnosed with Coronavirus or personally instructed to isolate by an NHS service or medical professional.

That is my point, people need to check they are covered.

• Like 1

I have just received the email below from AllClear travel insurance and given that it would appear onboard medical expenses are not covered I'm in the process of cancelling the two single trip policies I have with them.

Good afternoon,
RE: OPT 114 xxxxxx
I write in reference to the above policy number and following your recent communication with our consultant.
Since your recent contact with us, we have received a further update from our Underwriters regarding cover for UK cruises. Please see the below questions and answers:

If a customer is going on a UK cruise, do we need to capture whether they are travelling through waters outside of the UK and include these destinations within the region of cover? Yes, otherwise the customer is at risk of not having the full claim/assistance covered.

If the customer is on a UK cruise and in UK waters only, would they have medical expense cover including airlift/repatriation? Customers are covered for emergency evacuation including pre-existing medical condition declared or COVID related illness. However, the customer will have to cover the costs of any medical consultation or prescriptions provided by the on-board Doctor.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
Emily Pockett
Customer Care Consultant 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Just booked with Staysure and my endorsement letter has arrived as well.  Rechecked P&O's insurance requirements and our policy covers everything that's required.

Edited by sammyh25
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, sammyh25 said:

Just booked with Staysure and my endorsement letter has arrived as well.  Rechecked P&O's insurance requirements and our policy covers everything that's required.

Can I ask what policy you went for, basic or comprehensive?

Also did you book over the phone or on line?

25 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have just chatted to them and if anyone requires cover for these cruises don't buy the cover online, you need to phone them (StaySure) freephone 0800 033 4166

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

We went for single trip comprehensive with cruise cover, but without the additional Cruise Plus cover. The basic cruise cover provided more than enough cover for P&O's needs, up to the individual if you feel the benefits of Cruise Plus are worth paying extra for. 

I booked it all online and once the policy documents came though, about 5 mins later, I contacted StaySure using Live Chat on their website to get the endorsement letter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MX-Drew said:

I have just chatted to them and if anyone requires cover for these cruises don't buy the cover online, you need to phone them (StaySure) freephone 0800 033 4166

Not sure why they would say that unless it's to do the endorsement letter at the same time. I spoke to them yesterday and they said book online or by phone. 😂 

25 minutes ago, sammyh25 said:

Not sure why they would say that unless it's to do the endorsement letter at the same time. I spoke to them yesterday and they said book online or by phone. 😂 

I spoke to them using the webchat and they advised to phone.

23 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I spoke to them using the webchat and they advised to phone.

This is the message on the webchat.

This is no problem, we can offer this to you, this however cannot be done online currently as we need to ensure that you receive the correct documentation required by the cruise lines at the moment as proof of cover. IF I can give you a freephone number for our sales team, they will pop a quotation together for you and then once the policy is purchased they can arrange for the required documentation for your chosen cruise line to to be sent over to you.

I also found I could taylor things a little more like the luggage cover etc.  

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

This is the message on the webchat.

This is no problem, we can offer this to you, this however cannot be done online currently as we need to ensure that you receive the correct documentation required by the cruise lines at the moment as proof of cover. IF I can give you a freephone number for our sales team, they will pop a quotation together for you and then once the policy is purchased they can arrange for the required documentation for your chosen cruise line to to be sent over to you.

I also found I could taylor things a little more like the luggage cover etc.  

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing springs to mind!!!  Glad you're sorted insurance wise, now to get on Iona in September...... 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammyh25 said:

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing springs to mind!!!  Glad you're sorted insurance wise, now to get on Iona in September...... 😉

Yep, agreed. But at least they seem to know about UK staycation cruises and don't quote prices plucked out the air.

Glad your sorted too and for me it is Britannia then Regal Princess. (not B2B).

• Like 1

Staysure were perhaps one of the first apart from HolidayExtras to give cover for Staycation UK waters cruises. On the first week of sale I rang them as already had an annual multi trip cruise policy recently taken out with them online. They told me to ring back in a couple of days as they were in negotiations with their underwriters. When I rang back they said yes we have cover agreed for Cunard/P&O and when asked about Princess they said they werent aware that Princess was all part of the same company Carnival. Told me they would get in touch with underwriters ring at end of week for the outcome. When I rang they said that Princess UK waters cruises had been agreed and within minutes I received the endorsement letter from them by e-mail. Very rapid and good service compared to what many other people seem to be having problems still with their insurance companies.

• Like 1