Always Included Pricing Question

Italy52

23 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

NOT for free.  PRICES go UP.

Always Included is described below:

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

However, PRICES GO UP, do you really think these items are FREE!?

Obviously I don’t think these items are free. I pointed out to you that everyone was paying for our loyalty bene’s. Stop with this. 

if you feel cheated that you are now paying for everyone getting goodies instead of everyone paying for yours, go for it.

as so many threads m, this is going quickly downhill. 

den

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Captain Club perks were not likely free, but you had to earn them.

Now, those perks are diminished in value effectively eliminated since the drinks and internet are included for everyone.

The difference is that since we started cruising with X in 2011 until recently, pricing was more reasonable.  PRICES WENT UP even if you don't drink 10 drinks a day and don't live on the internet.

Perhaps so many cruisers reached elite status and Celebrity decided, heck, we need to attract more cruisers that have no loyalty benefits with us?  Regardless, X's prices are less competitive now due to price increases most likely due to including these perks.

For us the Elite + perks weren’t diminished in value the only perks we used were the laundry, priority tendering, internet purchase discount & occasional discount on a bottle of wine.  We never used the Happy Hour drinks,  (to early for us only went to 1  the breakfast once in cruises. 

I don’t live on the internet but do need more that 17 minutes a day on a 14N cruise.  10 drinks a day is easy 3 bottles of water a day, j 2 glasses of juice in tge a.m. Sprite in the afternoon, a cocktail or 2 before dinner, wine with dinner, then listen to some music and another wine or cocktail.  

I agree the prices have gone up since we started sailing X in 2012, but the price of most everything has gone up ( health care, insurance, food utilities) .  We know that our other lines that are less expensive but we think the Experience on X. Eats our need better than the many of the less expensive lines.  No cruise line is right for everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have just booked for one of the UK cruises in July.  Although it says Always Included, There is a section in my booking to add or remove the Gratuities. When I opened it up it said Pre Pay Gratuties and the price of £94.odd and you could then add it on to the price or remove it which took it back to the price I am paying.  So it looks as though you could add Extra gratuities.

I didn't expect to see anywhere to add gratuities, or at least to see it saying - already included.

Odd don't you think?

28 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I have just booked for one of the UK cruises in July.  Although it says Always Included, There is a section in my booking to add or remove the Gratuities. When I opened it up it said Pre Pay Gratuties and the price of £94.odd and you could then add it on to the price or remove it which took it back to the price I am paying.  So it looks as though you could add Extra gratuities.

I didn't expect to see anywhere to add gratuities, or at least to see it saying - already included.

Odd don't you think?

This has been discussed recently here:

But I think it has also been discussed elsewhere.

On 3/21/2021 at 9:26 AM, Pinboy said:

IMO--- The best part of the AI is that the Gratuities are included -- with absolutely no option to remove them at any time -- period.  It's unbelievable what " some " people are like when it comes to tipping !!

Couldn't agree more. We were on a cruise where some folks from a country that 'doesn't normally' tip pulled their grats off of a B2B2B. They said we have paid enough already. 😞

1 hour ago, rlbeck said:

Couldn't agree more. We were on a cruise where some folks from a country that 'doesn't normally' tip pulled their grats off of a B2B2B. They said we have paid enough already. 😞

And it’s not folks from nontipping countries. Back when we left tips in envelopes the last night of the cruise, this couple from Texas asked us what the envelope i put next to my plate was. Told them, and he said he’d forgot his and got up to go get it. The wife said she’d join hIn since he’d not find it and left too. 

i turned to the English couple at our table and said we’d not see them again, and we didn’t. I noticed the English couple slide in extra to cover for the cheapskates as I did the same. 

we got a good chuckle as we 4 took proper care of our diligent staff. 

den

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And it’s not folks from nontipping countries. Back when we left tips in envelopes the last night of the cruise, this couple from Texas asked us what the envelope i put next to my plate was. Told them, and he said he’d forgot his and got up to go get it. The wife said she’d join hIn since he’d not find it and left too. 

i turned to the English couple at our table and said we’d not see them again, and we didn’t. I noticed the English couple slide in extra to cover for the cheapskates as I did the same. 

we got a good chuckle as we 4 took proper care of our diligent staff. 

den

Hi Denny: We need to do a transatlantic sailing again. Remember 'The Friends of Godiva' group on the Silhouette? That was a lot of chocolate, eh. You are, as usual, spot on in your observations and comments. Roger (rlbeck) and Julie 

Edited by ruby08

1 hour ago, ruby08 said:

Hi Denny: We need to do a transatlantic sailing again. Remember 'The Friends of Godiva' group on the Silhouette? That was a lot of chocolate, eh. You are, as usual, spot on in your observations and comments. Roger (rlbeck) and Julie 

Hi Julie and Riger!

that was a great TA! And a very active Roll Call. Lots of socialization and fun. We have to join up again. 

Den

On 4/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, Denny01 said:

Hi Julie and Riger!

that was a great TA! And a very active Roll Call. Lots of socialization and fun. We have to join up again. 

Den

That sure was Denny! So glad we got that one in before covid struck. Would love to cruise with you and Karen again! Take care.....