Always Included Pricing Question

Italy52

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I didn't think I would ever cancel diningroom grats but when the waiter is so rude that he has to be reprimanded ( more than once) and then when you decide to go to the buffet instead and the waiter leaves his table  and comes looking for you when he should be serving others to beg you to return.. 

We never went back and the table mates ate with us at the buffet after that . All because of an allergy!

Bummer but no way would I have let someone from the waitstaff run us out of the MDR (or whatever dining venue) to the buffet (or any other dining venue). On the way out (after eating our meal) I would have requested to privately speak with the Head Waiter for that section and explain to him/her the issue. Then I would politely requested we be relocated to an equivalent size table. Luckily for us we've never experienced anything even remotely close to that on any of our cruises that would require removing gratuities or complaining to someone higher. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LGW59 said:

May of these high-end stores that went bankrupt did so because the pandemic finally pushed them in that direction, probably sooner than they expected, no foot traffic in the cities, on-line ordering.  Folks that shopped in those stores, Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales etc, did so because they could afford to do so.  I know and understand that AI is controversial to many, but Celebrity IMO, still offers an affordable cruise in veranda suites, interior, port hole.  Is it more now, sure it is, again IMO, understandably so.  I was looking at an S3 on APEX, for 15 day TA in April 2022,  $12k, Considering the battering they have taken in the past year, I really don't think it is unreasonable.  Many will disagree of course, and perhaps down the road when we have a new normal things will change.  Until then we have a choice, but the various room categories are looking to have been booked.

Reading the Roll Call for the Apex TA it seems that many used Lift and Shift for this cruise. I booked this cruise since I'm doing a river cruise that boards in Amsterdam the day Apex arrives. Paying more for an A1 that I've ever paid before for that cabin category, but less expensive than first class tickets for flight. This might be one of my last cruises on Celebrity since I cannot justify the costs compared to what I'm paying on a daily basis for the true luxury lines. Their pricing strategy has priced some out of the market and some to opt for luxury lines. Hopefully, when the L&S ends and FCC expires Celebrity will return to the former pricing model. I guess we are are different and favor whatever works for us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I didn't think I would ever cancel diningroom grats but when the waiter is so rude that he has to be reprimanded ( more than once) and then when you decide to go to the buffet instead and the waiter leaves his table  and comes looking for you when he should be serving others to beg you to return.. 

We never went back and the table mates ate with us at the buffet after that . All because of an allergy!

I've never experienced anything like this; sure, some waiters or stewards are not as good as others, but so far we have been lucky.  Also, we now only do anytime dining, so that helps.

That said, if I had experienced behavior this bad I would have taken it up with whoever is in charge and get the situation rectified in some way.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Bummer but no way would I have let someone from the waitstaff run us out of the MDR (or whatever dining venue) to the buffet (or any other dining venue). On the way out (after eating our meal) I would have requested to privately speak with the Head Waiter for that section and explain to him/her the issue. Then I would politely requested we be relocated to an equivalent size table. Luckily for us we've never experienced anything even remotely close to that on any of our cruises that would require removing gratuities or complaining to someone higher. 

All was documented each time and the assistant maitre de took my non garlic order each night and I still did not get what was ordered . One night I again sent back a plate a dry meat and veg ( not even the meat and veg I ordered from the menu) and the waiter scraped the plate and slammed a half empty plate in front of me and said here!!. After he went looking for me the night I didn't show I was SCARED of him and again reported him.  I was told that  " he has been taken care of' Thankfully there were witnesses. I had complained as every night I got plain meat with steamed carrots and broccoli

I'm wondering this too.   I'm assume All Inclusive is the "classic" pkg.   We usually upgrade to Premium, but don't know how it works now.  Can't figure it out on the website.  There is an upgrade pkg with obc, etc. at a very expensive per day cost. 

Does anyone know yet how this will work?

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's $11 pp/pd + 20% gratuity.  It's only available after final payment on Cruise Planner or once onboard.   I believe there is a Captains Club discount on it at some loyalty levels.

Thanks

I just booked the TP from Vancouver to Tokyo for 2022. After reading this thread, looked up the quotes from last year and the price was the same (except. it was $50 less from an agency) and did not include the gratuities, classic drink package and Wi-Fi.

. For us, it's a great deal....we would have skipped the drink package. With no perks built up, we definitely saved a lot. I hope that they offer a "no frills" option for those who don't want it all. You've certainly earned some loyalty perks vs. those of us who sail by itinerary over several lines. We may become loyalists after sailing Celebrity for the first time.

This is why I don't quite understand the line loyalists. People get all worked up bragging about being elite plus and getting a free happy hour and bag of laundry. Then the cruise line changes the loyalty tiers and/or pricing structure and they get all offended. We decide first what vacation we want to take and then evaluate the options for taking it. We have cruised Celebrity a few times, but they were honestly the best deal, even with the big, better, best program. We went to Hawaii on Celebrity a couple years ago, with the drink package included, in a balcony; for a lower price than we could get on an inside on Royal with no drink package. Slam dunk. We plan to keep evaluating each cruise as they come. There are still deals to be had on Celebrity, even with AI. But true, the exact cruise you want to take on the exact week you want to take it may be high. Easy peasy, pick another line. I fail to see how people who compare a Celebrity suite with a luxury brand consider themselves value shoppers. Value shoppers pick the inside room. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

This is why I don't quite understand the line loyalists. People get all worked up bragging about being elite plus and getting a free happy hour and bag of laundry. Then the cruise line changes the loyalty tiers and/or pricing structure and they get all offended. We decide first what vacation we want to take and then evaluate the options for taking it. We have cruised Celebrity a few times, but they were honestly the best deal, even with the big, better, best program. We went to Hawaii on Celebrity a couple years ago, with the drink package included, in a balcony; for a lower price than we could get on an inside on Royal with no drink package. Slam dunk. We plan to keep evaluating each cruise as they come. There are still deals to be had on Celebrity, even with AI. But true, the exact cruise you want to take on the exact week you want to take it may be high. Easy peasy, pick another line. I fail to see how people who compare a Celebrity suite with a luxury brand consider themselves value shoppers. Value shoppers pick the inside room. 

You are right to use competition to compare cruise lines for itinerary and price.   While we prefer Celebrity, if their prices are not competitive vs. Royal, NCL or Princess, we do elsewhere.

Unfortunately both NCL and Celebrity went all inclusive and their prices are usually not as competitive.  

Yes, we are elite and don't start drinking alcohol until happy hour.   For a 14 day cruise we would normally spend about $350 for both of us on alcohol.   All inclusive wiped out most of our bennies.   

On picking an inside, tell that to my wife.  She has to have a balcony.  Why cruise in an inside on Celebrity when you can have a balcony on another line?

Very interesting topic, & responses.

After 35+ cruises, mostly on mainline cruise lines, this will be our very first Celebrity cruise on the Apex, specifically because of the All Inclusive features.  We've been doing lots more European river cruises last few years, & love the AI components.  Although not cheap, we find it offered better "value" when everything is bundled & we don't have to worry about being nickled & dimed, having to sign at every transaction.  So when our TA offers a great sale pricing, we guestimate that with everything included, esp when they throw in "free"/discounted pkg airfare, it's a great deal for us.  

For this coming Apex sailing, we booked the lowest/cheapest inside cabin with AI, TA came back to offer us aqua-class balcony for a great price, even lower than reg infinite balcony, we jumped on it.  Again, not cheap, but overall, it offered an awesome value.  

So for us, we feel like Celebrity is attracting a segment of travelers who's looking to upgrade their cruising experience from mainline cruise lines by offering a good AI package...

• Like 4

On 3/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, Italy52 said:

I'm with you.  I researched Royal's itinerary yesterday and decided that we will be going with them.  I can get a balcony cabin for about the same price as I would pay for an inside with Celebrity.  We like Celebrity but not going to let them force me to take something I don't want or need.

Sounds like Royal would be a better choice for you .

I hope you have a great voyage 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been with celebrity for many years and go out of the way to use them, because of this we have acquired many perks for being elite plus and with the all inclusive pricing the perks are of less value. Perhaps it is time to move on to another cruise line.

I hope someone in the celebrity office is reading this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want to make sure that Celebrity gets your message, Cruise Critic is probably an inefficient way to get it accomplished. Write them directly, send it to the executive office, use snail mail, perhaps even a registered letter. Many of us have done so

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bebsremote said:

We have been with celebrity for many years and go out of the way to use them, because of this we have acquired many perks for being elite plus and with the all inclusive pricing the perks are of less value. Perhaps it is time to move on to another cruise line.

so, you are going to go someplace else because everyone else is getting what you used to get for free as well?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, bebsremote said:

Dont worry, we Elite Pluser’s can still walk around in recently laundered clothes and smirk at the rest. 

Personally, the reason I’m Elite Plus and continue to cruise with Celebrity is because the Line provides what I enjoy and look for while cruising. I like the provided amenities, but I find the ‘Always Included’ just fine because I can now enjoy a glass at dinner and other times as I wish, along with everyone else. 

And before someone tries the ‘but I have to pay extra now for what I got as Elite/Elite Plus’, I’ll remind you that Celebrity didn’t ‘eat’ the cost of our free benefits, everyone paid for them with jacked up prices to cover ‘our goodies’.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tfred said:

so, you are going to go someplace else because everyone else is getting what you used to get for free as well?  

First of all nothing you get on a cruise under all inclusive pricing is free.  If the perks including in all inclusive were free, prices would not have increased so dramatically.

Second, what is wrong with picking another line that offers substantially the same cruise and amenities for a lower price?

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Dont worry, we Elite Pluser’s can still walk around in recently laundered clothes and smirk at the rest. 

Personally, the reason I’m Elite Plus and continue to cruise with Celebrity is because the Line provides what I enjoy and look for while cruising. I like the provided amenities, but I find the ‘Always Included’ just fine because I can now enjoy a glass at dinner and other times as I wish, along with everyone else. 

And before someone tries the ‘but I have to pay extra now for what I got as Elite/Elite Plus’, I’ll remind you that Celebrity didn’t ‘eat’ the cost of our free benefits, everyone paid for them with jacked up prices to cover ‘our goodies’.

Den

Den,

So Celebrity's loyalty program to encourage cruisers to repeat cruising with it are unfair because those that haven't reached the loyalty level are being exploited?

Also, Celebrity has a right to price it's cruises in whatever business model it decides, but punishing those loyal to it in the past is to be ignored?

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Den,

So Celebrity's loyalty program to encourage cruisers to repeat cruising with it are unfair because those that haven't reached the loyalty level are being exploited?

Also, Celebrity has a right to price it's cruises in whatever business model it decides, but punishing those loyal to it in the past is to be ignored?

Punishing?  We haven’t lost anything and have gained getting drinks outside the happy hr time slot and paid gratuities. 

Den

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

First of all nothing you get on a cruise under all inclusive pricing is free.  If the perks including in all inclusive were free, prices would not have increased so dramatically.

Second, what is wrong with picking another line that offers substantially the same cruise and amenities for a lower price?

Always Included not All Inclusive. 🙄

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Punishing?  We haven’t lost anything and have gained getting drinks outside the happy hr time slot and paid gratuities. 

Den

NOT for free.  PRICES go UP.

Always Included is described below:

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

However, PRICES GO UP, do you really think these items are FREE!?

9 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

NOT for free.  PRICES go UP.

Always Included is described below:

Wi-Fi

Drinks

Tips

However, PRICES GO UP, do you really think these items are FREE!?

Did you really think that the Captains Club perks were free?  The cost of the internet,  happy hour drinks,  drinks at CC breakfast, discounts, laundry were always built into the overall costs of a cruise.  So while there wasn’t a line item on your invoice for CC perks  every passenger paid for them in the cruise fare.   Just like we all pay for the fitness center, pool, shows whether or not we use them

• Like 3

Just now, jelayne said:

Did you really think that the Captains Club perks were free?  The cost of the internet,  happy hour drinks,  drinks at CC breakfast, discounts, laundry were always built into the overall costs of a cruise.  So while there wasn’t a line item on your invoice for CC perks  every passenger paid for them in the cruise fare.   Just like we all pay for the fitness center, pool, shows whether or not we use them

Captain Club perks were not likely free, but you had to earn them.

Now, those perks are diminished in value effectively eliminated since the drinks and internet are included for everyone.

The difference is that since we started cruising with X in 2011 until recently, pricing was more reasonable.  PRICES WENT UP even if you don't drink 10 drinks a day and don't live on the internet.

Perhaps so many cruisers reached elite status and Celebrity decided, heck, we need to attract more cruisers that have no loyalty benefits with us?  Regardless, X's prices are less competitive now due to price increases most likely due to including these perks.