Will the New Summer Sailings from Nassau/St. Maarten Actually Sail?

4 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

No problem, I wish as a Canadian I could get there (and back) without having to isolate

that is my concern also. We are booked for August on Liberty  from Galveston. I think we can get there but getting home right now seems like it will be more difficult

1 hour ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

We're currently booked on Allure in July out of Port Everglades.  I've never been there, and was so looking forward to seeing it, but now I'm thinking maybe the Adventure would be more likely to actually sail in July.  Of course we'd have to fly either way.

I'm on Allure in July, too. And I have the same line of thought. If the Adventure fares are similar to Allure's, I'm switching to that one.

We were giving serious consideration to booking one of the June cruises as we both have had both our vaccinations. Our friends just returned from Florida and the plane was packed and a few passengers had to be repeatedly told to put on their mask correctly!
Nassau medical capacity is 402 beds with 20 icu, St Maarten has a capacity of 70 beds and 3 icu - not very encouraging.

The news today from the Philippines was that there is a major out break, with over 2000 cases per day - that doesn’t bode well for the 12 cruise ships in Manila harbor to pick up crew. 

Hal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This one could have an effect if the eye hit Nassau, otherwise you nailed the rest. 

Over the past 10 years the vast majority of cruises scheduled during hurricane in the region have sailed.   I don't have exact statistics but I'd venture to guess it's 98%-99%.  I included it on purpose because I have no fears booking a cruise in hurricane season.  If the itinerary needs to be modified so be it but odds are the ship sails.

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm on Allure in July, too. And I have the same line of thought. If the Adventure fares are similar to Allure's, I'm switching to that one.

Having sailed on both, we definitely enjoy the Allure more.  Adventure lacks the bells and whistles on the Oasis class ships.  If I have to pay high airfare in addition to cruise fare to sail on the Adventure I will pass.  We really want to cruise, and will probably wait until January.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HS2BS said:

We were giving serious consideration to booking one of the June cruises as we both have had both our vaccinations. Our friends just returned from Florida and the plane was packed and a few passengers had to be repeatedly told to put on their mask correctly!
Nassau medical capacity is 402 beds with 20 icu, St Maarten has a capacity of 70 beds and 3 icu - not very encouraging.

The news today from the Philippines was that there is a major out break, with over 2000 cases per day - that doesn’t bode well for the 12 cruise ships in Manila harbor to pick up crew. 

Hal

That's scary thought on both of their hospital systems, if coming back to port with a ship full of sick passengers. That is if they can find a port to go back to that will take them?

Edited by Jimbo

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's scary thought on both of their hospital systems, if coming back to port with a ship full of sick passengers. That is if they can find a port to go back to that will take them?

Double testing and 100% vaccinated crew and guests over 18 virtually eliminates that possibility.  If there are cases on board they will require very little medical attention. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

What do you think?

Luckily when it comes to Politics there is now a Government that stands behind Faucci and maybe it helped to convince some people to understand that all the hygiene protocols and Masks are esential currently, not to speak of getting tested frequently and finally to get the Vaccine as soon as you have the possiblity to do so.

As you mentioned and also what can be seen on this Forum quite a large number seems to be especially against the Masks and some even against the vaccinations. For all of those, they should not go cruising for the time being as these components will be needed / to be fully compliant to in order to cruise. All of those that will still board the ship and will have the rudness to complain to guest services or after the cruise that they want compensation as their cruise experience was bad / ruined etc, should be sent away "politely" 🤥

At the time when suddenly those new Adventure cruises etc were loaded to the system in Europe and other itinararies I don't think the cruiselines knew where things were going, or it was a measure to keep deposits / get new ones for liquidity reasons 😄

Starting from the point with the cruises announced on Quantum with a clear safety protocol these were itinararies that realisticaly will and are happening.

Hence, same as for the cruises from Israel on Odyssey I am very optimistic that these and also the Itinararies on Adventure from the Bahamas are going to happen, the main reason for that are the strict protocols, starting from the need to be Vaccinated, waearing of masks, social distancing and excursion bubbles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

How and why are so many people joining CC over the past 12 months when cruises are not happening?  Fake accounts so people can say stuff like stay home if you are scared?

I don't need a fake account to tell anyone that if they are scared to live then stay home so they won't die. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Double testing and 100% vaccinated crew and guests over 18 virtually eliminates that possibility.  If there are cases on board they will require very little medical attention. 

Not so worried about the ship itself.............getting off in the ports is where the problem lies. By then again if someone catches it in one the ports their tests probably won't show until they get home and then spread it around in their hometown which I assume the cruiseline doesn't care about.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not so worried about the ship itself.............getting off in the ports is where the problem lies. By then again if someone catches it in one the ports their tests probably won't catch unti l they get home and then spread it around in their hometown whic I assume the cruiseline doesn't care about.

If this is a concern for you then you shouldn't get off the ship or even go on the cruise. And I do think your assumption would be incorrect. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not so worried about the ship itself.............getting off in the ports is where the problem lies. By then again if someone catches it in one the ports their tests probably won't show until they get home and then spread it around in their hometown which I assume the cruiseline doesn't care about.

Again, 100% vaccination greatly reduces risk of catching and the risk of spread.

Also, shore excursions are Royal shore excursions only, you can’t go out in your own. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Except for Coco Cay you can only leave the ship on Shore Excursions organized by the cruiseline and these are under strict protocols. If these will be applied as for cruises on MSC, Costa or Mein Schiff, should a guest not comply during the excursion by leaving the group etc they will be forced to leave the cruise immediately.

2 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Except for Coco Cay you can only leave the ship on Shore Excursions organized by the cruiseline and these are under strict protocols. If these will be applied as for cruises on MSC, Costa or Mein Schiff, should a guest not comply during the excursion by leaving the group etc they will be forced to leave the cruise immediately.

Sounds like when you are in jail and get assigned a  job detail. Must stay with the other inmates.............We won't get on any cruiseships that are like that. No thank you.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like when you are in jail and get assigned a  job detail. Must stay with the other inmates.............We won't get on any cruiseships that are like that. No thank you.

The luxury we all have is "Choice" hence, the ones that are ok with the current protocols should book and board a cruise and the ones that see it as punishment shouldn't.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

The luxury we all have is "Choice" hence, the ones that are ok with the current protocols should book and board a cruise and the ones that see it as punishment shouldn't.

I wouldn't use the word punishment per say. I would just want the product to be more like it was rather then paying the same kind of money as before or more for a watered down product.

If it's okay with some more power to you, go for it. Just think there are better options with your vacation dollar then cruising right now.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I wouldn't use the word punishment per say. I would just want the product to be more like it was rather then paying the same kind of money as before or more for a watered down product.

If it's okay with some more power to you, go for it. Just think there are better options with your vacation dollar then cruising right now.

What makes it great is everyone can choose for themselves.  Plenty of cruisers both new and experienced book nothing but Royal  excursions or are fine with not getting off the ship at all.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I would say Labadee falls into this category as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What makes it great is everyone can choose for themselves.  Plenty of cruisers both new and experienced book nothing but Royal  excursions or are fine with not getting off the ship at all.  

We have been doing just that for years. The boss is fearful of missing the ship on a private excursion. 

• Like 1

I guess it will be okay for a beach excursion itineraires, but for an Alaska cruise or for Europe cruises where you really want to have your freedom to go out and do your own thing the current way of cruising wouldn't work.

Wouldn't want to spend all that money just get to those departure ports and to be so limited on those cruises.

10 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

How and why are so many people joining CC over the past 12 months when cruises are not happening?  Fake accounts so people can say stuff like stay home if you are scared?

Or maybe those booted who come back reincarnated to say the same thing as before. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Over the past 10 years the vast majority of cruises scheduled during hurricane in the region have sailed.   I don't have exact statistics but I'd venture to guess it's 98%-99%.  I included it on purpose because I have no fears booking a cruise in hurricane season.  If the itinerary needs to be modified so be it but odds are the ship sails.

We too cruise during hurricanes season. My point was if the eye hit Nassau it was the only thing to stop the ship from going as a home port. Perhaps it didn’t read as I intended it too. 

Depending on the severity of the Hurricane and closeness to Nassau it might be a day, or maybe longer delay for the ship. We were on Harmony during the extended Hurricane Dorian sailing and Nassau was perfect and unfortunately Grand Bahama was not. As you said the chances are slim of it even being in the path. 

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't need a fake account to tell anyone that if they are scared to live then stay home so they won't die. 

And you are polite in doing so, others not so much. 

33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I would say Labadee falls into this category as well. 

I would go for a Nassau embarkation with stops at Coco Cay, Labadee and a couple sea days. No ship excursions needed. 

• Like 7