4th cruise just cancelled

tupperstamper

8 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

My wife and I are now up to 14 cruises cancelled by Covid-19.  One gets cancelled, we book another one for a few months later.  It gets cancelled, shampoo, rinse, repeat.

So when they get canceled do you already have another itinerary picked out and you just use FCC on that new cruise or do you take the refund and then plan a new cruise? I’m curious how everyone is doing things right now. 

I'm a lightweight.  Only three Covid cancellations so far.  But, I've got four more bowling pins set up waiting for that NCL big black ball to knock 'em down.  It's not that bad, as they never have more than a grand of my money in the "float."  I'm not delighted about that, but that's Covid for ya'.  I've avoided any and all temptations to let them keep my money and accept their "great future cruise credit mega, super, awesome" offers.  The deposits I know I can get back, with my credit card company's hammer if necessary.

• Like 1

Every time they cancel one of ours (5 or 6 now?) we just move those two CruiseNext certificates to another cruise.   Nothing more out of pocket, but currently have four cruises booked.  I keep looking ahead to see what I would want to book next.  

25 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Every time they cancel one of ours (5 or 6 now?) we just move those two CruiseNext certificates to another cruise.   Nothing more out of pocket, but currently have four cruises booked.  I keep looking ahead to see what I would want to book next.  

We’re you on the Joy to Bermuda or Caribbean?  While our Bermuda cruise reservation still exists, NCL has already pulled all bookings through September off their web site. Looking for a replacement. 

Royal is using Bermuda as a home port now sailing to coco caye. 

Edited by BirdTravels

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We’re you on the Joy to Bermuda or Caribbean?  While our Bermuda cruise reservation still exists, NCL has already pulled all bookings through September off their web site. Looking for a replacement. 

Royal is using Bermuda as a home port now sailing to coco caye. 

Our next (we hope) is on Joy out of Miami in October.   It still shows available to book on the web site.

I keep rolling mine over...although I was fully paid because the first one was in May 2020.  I'm on my fourth rollover.  I have now upgraded from a mid-ship balcony to New England/Canada to a Haven Courtyard Suite to the Western Caribbean on the Joy in December for only $1K more.  I figure that would have been the cost of flights and a hotel in NY anyway.  And since I am traveling with my mom, I'm fine not even getting off of the ship, unless I can find something we really want to do!

On 3/22/2021 at 3:07 PM, cabincop said:

My 3rd cruise canceled Jade outta Amsterdam. I just rebooked Escape outta Copenhagen for Sept 23 2021. I already have air for Amsterdam so I’m praying this one sails🙏🏼🤞🏼

Praying along with you but apparently most of Europe is going back into lock downs with a "new strain" of covid.   So Far Italy, Germany and England.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

Praying along with you but apparently most of Europe is going back into lock downs with a "new strain" of covid.   So Far Italy, Germany and England.  

Hopefully England is about to come out of our lockdown from May... Though you are correct that the rest of Europe seems to be closing down again. Heard that France is also locking down so it looks like even if UK does come out of lockdown in June there may be nowhere for us to sail to.

Three cruises cancelled so far for us... Another two to go.

Edited by Stevio

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

I saw that. But my cruise is in late Sept. hoping things are better by then

On 3/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, HuliHuli said:

Albert Einstein is quoted as having said “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”  But, I admire your tenacity at trying. 😉

Except booking a different cruise is not "doing the same thing".

On 3/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, cabincop said:

My 3rd cruise canceled Jade outta Amsterdam. I just rebooked Escape outta Copenhagen for Sept 23 2021. I already have air for Amsterdam so I’m praying this one sails🙏🏼🤞🏼

Just four, we have had 11 cancelled...

Our Gem Aug-13 Boston-Bermuda just got canceled.   It says the following are canceled:

Norwegian Gem with embarkation dates through October 22, 2021

Norwegian Joy with embarkation dates through October 9, 2021.

Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

We are writing with important information regarding your upcoming sailing . As a result of fleet redeployment, the following voyages have been canceled:

· Norwegian Joy with embarkation dates through October 9, 2021

· Norwegian Gem with embarkation dates through October 22, 2021

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused .

Please be advised that a full monetary refund of the fare paid will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of reservation. No further action is required; your refund will be automatically processed within 30 business days. You will see the refund returned to the original form of payment 7-10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on each financial institution’s internal policies

For those reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be automatically re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required. The FCC will be automatically added to the account within 7 days of the cancelation date. 

As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a 10% discount in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. This credit can be used for up to one year from date of issue and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings through December 31, 2022. The Future Cruise Credit will be available on March 25, 2021.

If you are interested in selecting another sailing for your upcoming vacation, please contact your travel advisor.

In addition, we are enhancing our health and safety measures on board to ensure the well-being of our guests and crew. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon .

Sincerely,
Katty Byrd
Vice President, Guest Services

17 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

So when they get canceled do you already have another itinerary picked out and you just use FCC on that new cruise or do you take the refund and then plan a new cruise? I’m curious how everyone is doing things right now. 

We're down to just one NCL cruise and one river cruise on the books at present.  During 2018 & 2019 we cruised five or six times a year with NCL and once or twice with other cruise lines, usually keeping about six reservations active at a time.  We had seven booked when our April 2020 Spirit cruise from Singapore to Tokyo bit the dust.  That was quickly followed by the cancellation of the March 2020 Spirit Cape Town to Singapore trip.  They started to fall like dominoes after that, and we started scrambling to book "replacement" cruises for Autumn 2020, Winter 2020, and Spring 2021.  As they kept getting cancelled, we found ourselves only booking one new cruise for every two that were cancelled.  Pretty soon we were down to just one on the books.  It used to be a pleasure to browse through the offerings and pick out new adventures as well as renewing acquaintances with old familiar destinations.  Now it's hard to get up any enthusiasm for making a new reservation.  We have several thousands of dollars in FCC on the books with NCL, as well as a few thousand with Celebrity, all just waiting for the chance to get back to sea.  The expiration dates to use all of our FCC have been extended through the end of this year, for cruises that can depart as late as December 2022, so I'm not in any real rush to book any more trips right now.  Let's just hope that we soon see the light at the end of this long, dark tunnel.