Tell Me About Equinox

Firepath

1 minute ago, Firepath said:

We were scheduled for Alaska this year on the Solstice, but switched to the Carribbean on Equinox. Tell me about it.

She's very similar to the Solstice if you've been on her before.  Small differences in the decor but otherwise, much the same.  I think you will have the Gastro Bar instead of Cellar Masters ... so craft beer instead of wine.  Otherwise, she is much the same.  

10 hours ago, Firepath said:

We were scheduled for Alaska this year on the Solstice, but switched to the Carribbean on Equinox. Tell me about it.

On this site, check out the Review section.  Just go to Celebrity and then Equinox.  You will get a variety of critiques.  

Very similar ships, we have cruised on and loved both.

Equinox has had a part Revolution refit giving some rooms a refresh, changing Michael’s Club (suite lounge) into the Retreat lounge and there is a suite only deck area. If you are not cruising in a suite these changes do not effect you. Other than that we noticed very little difference.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo

12 hours ago, Rockymaya said:

My wife loves the hot glass shows and always signs up to make a glass or paperweight

I didn't think they had this 'show' anymore but still have the class option to make something.

You might want to be more specific in your ask, even to narrow down areas that might be of most importance to you.  You don't say if you ever sailed with Celebrity or on similar ship, or if you sailed another line.  This might help others offer insight relative to what you might already have experience with.

I've sailed the Equinox 3 times and love this ship but I also sailed the Reflection and feel the differences were minimal as they are both the same class of ship.  I would sail on her again ... and again ... and again... but I would also sail any Celebrity ship if it was maintained (loved the Summit) as the ship is only half the picture, the excellent service and relaxed vibe of their ships is what I love the most. I am not a Carnival girl, been there done that and reluctant to ever try it again but never say never 🙂

Edited by poffles

We love the equinox.  Great ship, excellent service.  The only thing we miss is the Lawn Club Grill.  Have done and seen the glass blowing, and even made a nice paper weight , but the Lawn club grill, is the best specialty restaurant at sea IMO.  Only avail on the Reflection and Silhouette

Enjoy your cruise.

Love the Equinox!  The food, the shows, the dance parties.  Was on her 4 times in the last 2 years before cruising was halted, twice as a single.  Loved every minute.  And definitely dine in Le Petite Chef!  

There is a big difference if you are in a suite, of course, as Solstice is not Revolutionized and Equinox is partially so.  Solstice is the one S class on which we have not sailed.  Equinox was our first and remains our favorite, with Sillie close behind.