3-25-21 Thursday Weigh-In --- Last Weigh-In Of March

Belle

Good evening or morning depending on when you read this.

Izena---You lost 70#  in 20 months. What a GREAT job you did!👍

They will be surprised but of course they love you no matter what.

Ombud---Glad you had a nice Seder and they didn't leave you to many leftovers.

That's a difference in the grandkids in their reading skills. It could be the schooling

plus remember some kids learn faster then others.

Susan---Hope your had a good day.

Mel---You had a busy day in the garden, I really need to mow my lawns. No

more rain for awhile. You can only hope the "kids" are ready for school Monday.:classic_smile:

Cruise42---Hope you had a good day too.

Diana--If your reading. Hope you had a good week. Miss you, hope you visit

us once in awhile till your ready to come back.

I didn't do much this weekend. Some cleaning drawers out...till you clean you forget

how many closets, linen closets, drawers, cupboards(cubboards) you have and how much stuff

you collected over the years.🤪

Everyone take care.

Edited by Belle

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

Izena, that's awesome! It will be nice to see your son and GS.

Ombud, glad you think you'll be losing this week.

Belle, just a few days. Keep it up!

Jan, I agree that it's odd what is missing from the store shelves each week. It's like everyone is planning the same meals.

Cruise42, glad you are able to exercise with your shoulder. 

We worked in the front flower beds today. Pulled weeds, put down weed block in one, and covered with mulch. We ran out of mulch or we would have done the other one and around the tree too. Also replaced a few plants that didn't survive the freeze last month. 

Our spring break ends tonight, and I didn't get any of the school stuff I wanted to done. Entering grades in my spreadsheet, clearing off my desk, getting science experiments ready for this week, ordering next year's curriculum. I was a nice homeschool mom, and didn't assign any homework over the break though, so we should all be ready and energized to finish out our last 5 weeks, right?🤣

I dislocated it at the end of last April. It's taken me this long to finally try classes again. I still do my PT exercises. I've been taking classes for years so it's nice to get back to it (although I'm scared I might re-injure it).  I had extra problems with it making it more prone to dislocate again.

Cruise42 that's almost a year with your shoulder. So sorry.  I'm glad

you get to get back to your classes you like. Your PT exercises might

make it easier at class. Just go slow and enjoy.

(to me enjoy and exercise don't go together)😄

• Like 1

Good afternoon all.

The beginning of the week is here. March is almost gone,

can you believe? Time is going by fast/slow at the same time again.

Only if we could lose weight that fast and not the slow way. I know

some can and others can't. That's life!

Trouble I'm one that does it slowly. If your doing everything right.....

Are you a fast or slow loser?  You fast loser's what are your tips?

Everyone have a good day/week. Weigh-in is Thursday. We want loss's.

I am probably one of the slowest loser .... when I'm being really good and counting calories and exercising it probably averages about 0.6# to 1.0# per week.  I need to keep a log of everything I eat and drink and stay within 1,100 calories and then I need to exercise about 4 times per week.  Right now I'm not in a place where I have the motivation.  I'll just keep plugging along!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far - temps here are about 42 with winds up to 60mph ... at least the snow is pretty much gone.  I have tulips and daffodils that are breaking the ground - Jan

Jan I'm like you, slow loser's, best at 800 cals, can't do that.  Trying

low carb most of the time but again it's hard at this time.

You think maybe the world might get better and then getting worse again

in so many ways. Do you see the prices on some things and they say things

won't go down again, maybe up more.  People ignoring the rules for their

health and ours. Feel sorry for some people their states have no rules.

All we can do is day by day...We will smile, do our best, We will lose our weight.

Good Morning All

Another day gone and other one beginning.  Are you ready for the day to start?

Do you get an early start to your day or does your day start later?

You exercise early or late if you exercise?

Could be wrong think a lot of people have later starting days then before.

With the virus had to stay home, nothing was open, just got use to sleeping 

later or just relaxing before starting the day. I know I start later these days

but I'm up later these days too. 

What about you? Your schedule change in the last year? Did it change your

eating habits? Did you change the times you ate at before because you have a later day?

Eating different times make you eat more/less?

Eat to much out of boredom? Eating to many snacks? Skipping meals? Fasting?

Something to think about. What we've been doing is it good for us or do we need

to change what we're doing eating wise or schedule wise.

Have a good day whether you start it early or late.:classic_smile:

We're on the same schedule mostly. If we don't sit down to start school before 9am, the day just drags on. I switched back to Intermittent Fasting back in September and it's been working for me. I dropped the first 20 pounds a couple years ago that way, and 20 pounds since this fall too. I don't count calories, just try to eat non-processed foods most of the time. Both DH and I have kind of stalled though. Not because of the fasting, but because we've been snacking late and outside of our eating window. Lately I have no will power after 8pm! We're going to visit my MIL this weekend which will mess up our eating windows for a couple days. Hopefully I won't have too much water weight to report next week.

The neighbor behind us stopped by yesterday. They put in their pool at the end of the summer last year. We're both planning on replacing the fence and are planning on going with the same company, so we're trying to coordinate a time to get it all done at once for a discount. I'm so ready to have my backyard back! 

Our baby birds are close to flying off. They have their real feathers and barely fit in the nest now. It's been fun watching them, but we'd like to use our front door too. 😆

I’m a slow loser.  I did well one year on  jack thurmonds 6 week diet.  About  1200 calories. No  white carbs, added salt or sugar.  Eat every 3 hours lots of water.   ( it worked better than very low calorie).  Currently Eating right.  

I live alone .  I eat around 800 - 1000 cal.   The only snack foods in the house are biscotti,  lifesavers, some time nuts.  I am seriously addicted to anything sweet so don’t buy ( will eat all in one sitting).  I’m a terrible exerciser ( have a total gym collecting dust).   Walking works for me no track.  Walk away from home about 1-2 miles the only way to get home is to keep walking.  

My routine hasn’t changed since covid.  I’m more of a hermit.  

Belle I’m like you —I get irritated when people don’t follow rules.   I don’t understand people not wearing masks.  It the same for smokers.  
One idiot at the dog park started conversation that there is no pandemic — blah blah blah.  She said she was an expert (because she’s a nurse).  I wish I would have asked her where she works.    I told her I wasn’t interested in her opinion — she left park mad .  

Morning all

Mel---I guess you more or less would be on schedule with a husband and kids more then

those in retirement or are solo.  Know visiting MIL messes with your eating. You'll do

better after you leave. You have been good at losing weight. You'll get back at it.

I to try some fasting and low carb, some days it works.

Glad get a break on the fence price, way it suppose to be. One time we had a neighbor

that wouldn't pay his share.

Izena---I think your losing good. I know it's because your sticking to 800 to 1000 cals

and not many snacks. Great job!  You do pretty good at walking. I like you have a tread mill

which I haven't used for ever. Use to walk outside, use to walk a lot on cruises too.

But this year like you I've become a hermit. No place to go, couldn't see friends, everyone

Keeping safe. Have to wait till everyone gets their shots. can't believe that lady if she really was 

a nurse....no pandemic...I wouldn't go where she worked!   

Everyone had a good Wed., take care.

We only have 4 1/2 weeks of school left, so the schedule will go out the window in early May. 😉

I finally sat down last night to work through next year's curriculum. I can't believe my daughter will be in 7th grade! I'm switching up her Science to a company that is supposed to be more robust. They also offer Marine Biology in high school which is what she wants to do right now, so it's a good time to transition.

I got my exercise in this morning sweeping off the back porch - it was covered in mud and dust from the workers cutting tile and stone after one of the rain storms. Took about 30 minutes.

I hope everyone has good numbers tomorrow!