AQSC April 3-11 American Countess Southern Sampler cruise

Floriduh

8 hours ago, denamo said:

Did you keep a carry on or were you required to give that also?

When we did  an AQ  cruise  we kept a small bag to put  jammies etc.. in   they had a room in the hotel to store them until the bus was ready  to go to the ship

They have a good system

2 hours ago, graveytrain said:

How was dinner and breakfast? Was social distancing in play?

You could seat yourself for breakfast. 
some tables were shared for dinner. But everyone tested clean and masks are being worn. We never feel unsafe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, id est said:

Just curious if face shields are allowed? I have some breathing difficulties and can't really wear mask.

How is evening entertainment? 

Haven’t seen any face shields so I don’t know. 
Entertainment has been fun so far. 

• Thanks 1

I would love to see pictures! What kind of entertainment do they have? Thank you so much for the information. Our April 11 cruise on the Columbia River was canceled. This would have been our first River cruise. Our next hope is the Black Sea in July!  

We hope third time lucky next year.  I am not sure if you have sailed on the American Queen - if so do you notice any significant difference between the two and also would you be able to share a picture of a current dinner menu as all the online ones are very old.

Thank you and I hope you are continuing to have a great experience onboard.

7 hours ago, wandb said:

Thanks for any and all information!

Can you tell us a bit more about the excursions?  Are any of the local stops in the plan?  Do they just take you for a city tour?

They have temporarily stopped the hop on hop off busses. The included tour is now one of their premium tours with an added city tour all for free. They have been fun. 

6 hours ago, Floriduh said:

High quality complimentary water bottle and filling stations throughout ship.

The complementary water bottles and filling stations were provided in January 2020 before the pandemic - primarily for environmental reasons to reduce plastic waste. But having them already gave them a head start on preparing for the pandemic.

• Like 1

Wow! The water bottles and stations around are cool.  Would definitely expect the hand sanitizers.  We've only done ocean cruises and have never seen the filling stations around like this.  Thanks for the pictures!

• Like 1

Would be so happy if I could get us packed in just a carry on and a personal item.  Don't think I could.  Wondering if the laundry facilities stay busy. I've never been a fan of doing laundry on vacation.  Just do it when I get home.

As far as evening dress is concerned....do some get very dressy or is it mostly slacks and shirt for guys and nicer dresses or pants outfits for women?  We want to do what is proper.

5 hours ago, denamo said:

Would be so happy if I could get us packed in just a carry on and a personal item.  Don't think I could.  Wondering if the laundry facilities stay busy. I've never been a fan of doing laundry on vacation.  Just do it when I get home.

As far as evening dress is concerned....do some get very dressy or is it mostly slacks and shirt for guys and nicer dresses or pants outfits for women?  We want to do what is proper.

When we did the Thanksgiving River Cruise on the American Queen, there was absolutely NO dressing up for dinner.  Men wore sport shirts and slacks, women wore mostly pants and nice blouses with sandals or flats.  One lady wore a dressy outfit each night, but this was not the norm. She seemed very comfortable in her dressy clothes (good for her!) and I’d say “Wear whatever is comfortable for you”. 

It was nice not to have to pack dressy shoes, clothes, etc. 

Remember that they do ask that you not wear jeans in the dining room in the evening. 

• Like 3