Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, maluhia87 said:

I might has missed this somewhere but how many $1s did you take?  We leave in a few weeks but are heading to a different location and are so used to only using CCs that I never estimate cash needed correctly.  

Over 100. I got 100 in singles from my bank and brought whatever else I had as well. Also got $100 in 5’s that I’ve used for other things like rides and restaurants.

• Like 3

It's amazing how hard the resorts in Mexico work so their guests can have an enjoyable vacation.  I'm sure it's probably the same in the Dominican Republic, but I haven't been there on a land vacation.

I have been to a few AI resorts in Mexico, but I always look for the smaller resorts.  They tend to be quieter, but the staff still work so hard for their guests.

I'm impressed with your tipping Greg!  Good on you!!  A lot of people don't tip at AI resorts and I think that's a shame.  The staff work long hours and really bend over to be of good nature and assistance.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

It's amazing how hard the resorts in Mexico work so their guests can have an enjoyable vacation.  I'm sure it's probably the same in the Dominican Republic, but I haven't been there on a land vacation.

I have been to a few AI resorts in Mexico, but I always look for the smaller resorts.  They tend to be quieter, but the staff still work so hard for their guests.

I'm impressed with your tipping Greg!  Good on you!!  A lot of people don't tip at AI resorts and I think that's a shame.  The staff work long hours and really bend over to be of good nature and assistance.

Yeah I haven’t seen a whole lot of dollars flowing...or pesos for that matter. And we don’t have slips where you can add a tip. It’s whatever. I’m treating this just as I would a cruise. Maybe even a little better since I haven’t been anywhere in a year and I’m sure these people can use the money.

• Like 8

I’d be interested to know what’s beneath our feet. I think it’s possible there's an entire city below us. If you walk down to the beach you go downhill. Well I think there’s a huge underground employee area in that hill. I’ve noticed several areas where employees go underground. And the one by Braza they even drive vehicles down there.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’d be interested to know what’s beneath our feet. I think it’s possible there's an entire city below us. If you walk down to the beach you go downhill. Well I think there’s a huge underground employee area in that hill. I’ve noticed several areas where employees go underground. And the one by Braza they even drive vehicles down there.

Oh wow! Like on a cruise... they all live and play below, huh?! 😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Kind of like Disney World.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Don’t worry we’ll be in Cozumel before you know it. Hoping to make that happen before summer. Are you on the sailabration or after that? A lot of people on my Mardi Gras cruise are back on it for sailabration.

Excellent I really like Cozumel 😀What’s the date?  When r u on the Mardi Gras? 

• Like 1

Greg, the night pictures were beautiful with all the lights. That place is huge. I can’t imagine what the lineups would be like if it was full capacity, they must be long and surely if it was full do you think they would have all the restaurants open every noon and night?  

I have never done an all inclusive and this is my first glimpse at one. Are they all so big?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Greg, the night pictures were beautiful with all the lights. That place is huge. I can’t imagine what the lineups would be like if it was full capacity, they must be long and surely if it was full do you think they would have all the restaurants open every noon and night?  

I have never done an all inclusive and this is my first glimpse at one. Are they all so big?

They aren’t all this big. I purposely picked a big one so I wouldn’t get bored here for 8 days. With COVID I thought it would Be a good time to stay on the resort the entire week. And since I knew it was going to be low capacity I would be able to enjoy this big new resort without horrible lines.

Some of the restaurants are just small like sutra and Braza. Others have more space. They aren’t using half of The steakhouse. And east had at a good 5 Teppanyaki tables they weren’t using. I took this on the way out.

79C4D8F0-8C23-4CB6-8CD9-27C0D328FFD7.jpeg