CDC Open to USA cruise return this Summer

cruiserking

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Found the particular language, which obfuscates more than it clarifies (lines 1332 to 1334):

"This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols in accordance with state or federal law to protect public health."

So if the CDC says proof of vaccination is a way to provide screening to protect public health, then it is legal.  

And that is exactly what the CDC would say. Their mission is to protect public health.

As the CDC digests the mounting vaccination data  I expect it will continue to loosen up cruising requirements.

The gangway time separation, for example, strikes me as something that will change fairly soon. It has already modified object handling guidance in light of recent studies.

18 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Assumption: If 95% are required to be vaccinated, that pretty much means anyone 16+ will be required to have the vaccine, leaving 5% of the other passengers to be for kids under 16.

Exactly. It is possible Pfizer will be approved for 12+ in the next few weeks. If so, my daughter will get it and we will all be vaccinated.

I think the hardest part will be the 95% people need to be vaccinated.   Well how are you going to determine that without some kind of universal vaccine card.  Lets say someone from the czech republic wants to go on a cruise, how in the world are they going to determine if that person is legitimately vaccinated?  I mean if its people in the US the CDC probably has a database they can use to determine but what about other countries?  What if people in the US take a cruise out of Europe how will they verify the vaccination in the US?  They really need some kind of global vaccine ID that can be used worldwide in order to make this work.