Florida sues CDC, demanding cruise ships be allowed to sail immediately

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

As long as it spreads, it mutates.

Exactly! The fastest way to totally stop a virus in its tracks without widespread vaccinations is complete total shutdown, period.  We will never get total shutdown because we have a Democratic society.  If we cant have total shutdown then we need to accept there will be spread, there will be mutations leading to more spread, and there will be many many more deaths.  We destroyed the Worlds economy and millions of peoples lives doing it half way and where are we at the end of the day.  Here arguing over whether one sector of the economy should be totally kept from recovering because we dont want spread while other sectors that continue to produce spread we are fine with re-opening because well "the CDC doesnt control those".  Hypocrisy at its finest. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Here arguing over whether one sector of the economy should be totally kept from recovering because we dont want spread while other sectors that continue to produce spread we are fine with re-opening because well "the CDC doesnt control those".  Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Right? Don't you just love it? We ask why the CDC is stopping cruising from the US while airplanes fly full or nearly full, and the response is "CDC doesn't control those" aka "not my department."

So let's spell it out for them: the CDC is part of the US government. With me so far? And the US government DOES have jurisdiction over economic activity, including airplanes (via the FAA and the DOT) as well as the cruising industry. It's become a childish game of semantics and technicalities, people attempting to deflect know better, they've just run out of excuses for why movie theatres, theme parks, airplanes, hotels, etc are all seeing restrictions eased, but not cruising.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

I'm just here to say I like cruising on Carnival, and can't wait to get back on board soon!

Probably one thing we can all agree on.

We booked a Thanksgiving cruise on Mardi Gras a few weeks back.  I'm reasonably confident it will sail.

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I am in Florida and I ate at a Cracker barrel Saturday with no mask and no distancing. We are done with this virus. Let it do what it will, we are getting back to normal.  

It's not difficult to stay socially distanced at a Cracker Barrel. You could fire a canon off in one and not hit anybody. Cruise ships are going to be more challenging than a so-so chain restaurant on land.

12 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Right? Don't you just love it? We ask why the CDC is stopping cruising from the US while airplanes fly full or nearly full, and the response is "CDC doesn't control those" aka "not my department."

So let's spell it out for them: the CDC is part of the US government. With me so far? And the US government DOES have jurisdiction over economic activity, including airplanes (via the FAA and the DOT) as well as the cruising industry. It's become a childish game of semantics and technicalities, people attempting to deflect know better, they've just run out of excuses for why movie theatres, theme parks, airplanes, hotels, etc are all seeing restrictions eased, but not cruising.

Because some people are so childish they can’t even keep their masks on fo less than an hour flight, that’s why. 

The mods continually ask people to not engage in political sparring yet it continues.  They delete posts and when it gets bad enough they lock the thread.  As participants of this community we should be responsible enough to respect the forum and the job the moderators do.

Just my .02 worth.

• Like 2

Thank you for proving Covid wasn't on the charts in 2019.

Something more current:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm?s_cid=mm7014e1_w

mm7014e1_COVID19ProvisionalMortality_IMA

Sad to think of the effort that went into the 3rd newcomer vs the first two that have been around forever.  Maybe we could cure those too with the same effort?

• Like 1

We should both complement him on the fine job he is going getting vaccines distributed and taking public health seriously. Thank God someone is.

And therein lies the problem. The 95% Prog controlled media is the Ministry of Truth to the great unwashed. The previous guy was fought tooth and nail on everything he did. And the Politicians dragged their feet with the Progs not even working with him. Don't worry, the swamp is back...pass the word the swamp is back...

• Like 9

I am so glad they finally did this. I stated it the whole time it would take a federal injunction. Now, it may be that the CDC will have to defend itself in court, defend their failed agenda and protocols, and explain why they targeted the cruise industry.

Thank you FL and Ron DeSantis!!!

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

EXACTLY!

• Like 2

Just now, florida eagle said:

And therein lies the problem. The 95% Prog controlled media is the Ministry of Truth to the great unwashed. The previous guy was fought tooth and nail on everything he did. And the Politicians dragged their feet with the Progs not even working with him. Don't worry, the swamp is back...pass the word the swamp is back...

Well said. The 180 the media has done is nothing short of astounding, although I predicted it last November. The regular WH press briefings last year were frequently just shy of a shouting match, nowadays they're asking softball questions about whether Biden will redecorate Air Force One. Good grief, what a bunch of sycophants they've become. I had PLENTY of beefs with the previous Prez, but the media's fawning now is absolutely grotesque.

• Like 8

We should both complement him on the fine job he is going getting vaccines distributed and taking public health seriously. Thank God someone is.

Yes thank god he had that head start handed to him!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

Unfortunately the previous guy gets the "Outstanding Creating Hatred" award as this was the top accomplishment. That's the hurtful and sad part that will take decades to improve. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Lol. Im an airline pilot and have been flying around just fine. Guess what?? Still alive!!

Then as a pilot will you please explain to one and all the difference in the CDC's mandate for the cruise industry and flying within the United States. There are confused people who could use your insight.

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 minute ago, jetsfan58 said:

Certainly and without a doubt. The media's job is to present the news (good, bad, unpopular and/or indifferent) and factual information. Some opinions are ok but they are just that "Others Thoughts".   

The media gave up presenting anything indifferently a long time ago and when someone challenged them on it they attacked like sharks in blood infested waters.

• Like 6

Just now, jetsfan58 said:

Certainly and without a doubt. The media's job is to present the news (good, bad, unpopular and/or indifferent) and factual information. Some opinions are ok but they are just that "Others Thoughts".   

The media is biased and purposefully leave out all the facts or don't bother reporting at all. Just look at they way they pushed their agenda on the last guy and how a certain governor who has all kinds of issues is ignored.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, toad16X said:

Covid does not make the top 5  leading cause of death.....

You are correct. One of the leading causes of death in the US has a 100% cure rate but it is ignored by uneducated people. Another leading cause can be ended immediately as well...ban all tobacco products. Seriously, the CDC doesn't care one bit about controlling diseases. The care about the wealth they are putting in their pocket. 

• Like 5