Florida sues CDC, demanding cruise ships be allowed to sail immediately

12 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

My father in law who is a retired cop made an interesting point the other day...

They want to ask you if you've been vaccined to enter sporting events, travel etc.

But what if they started asking people if they had AIDS. Do we need to carry a card that says we don't have AIDS, or HepC? 

It's a slippery slope.

or Hep A, Hep B, TB, measles, mumps, STDS?

Just now, pc_load_letter said:

Would you like to email POTUS first or shall I ?

We should both complement him on the fine job he is going getting vaccines distributed and taking public health seriously. Thank God someone is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just want to hope on a cruise. I am perfectly willing to show my cardboard vaccine card. 

I come here thinking people would be happy that someone actually did something instead of words, and all I see is yet more political nonsense that has nothing to do with restarting cruises. Yelling slogans not supported by science. Just about their "feelings"

Maybe that's why cdc cant get out it's own way? 

Why not be for cruising resuming. This is the most political board of any I've seen. It's all about feeling good and breast beating. Some of us actually want to cruise, not you to feel good. I'm booked sept. I dont want to reschedule. I'll support actual actions to restart.

Yea for florida for poking the cdc. Cheers. I want to cruise. Are any of the rest of you booked soon? Let's go.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Got any stats on that? Stoners tend to drive slower and should be easy to pick off by cops.

The last two car accident fatalities (three deaths) in my small town were caused by drivers wasted on "medical" marijuana.  In the past three years, we have only have have two fatality accidents so 100%.

Since the stoners caused the accidents, they were tested.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I just want to hope on a cruise. I am perfectly willing to show my cardboard vaccine card. 

I come here thinking people would be happy that someone actually did something instead of words, and all I see is yet more political nonsense that has nothing to do with restarting cruises. Yelling slogans not supported by science. Just about their "feelings"

Why not be for cruising resuming. This is the most political board of any I've seen. It's all about feeling good and breast beating. Some of us actually want to cruise, not you to feel good. I'm booked sept. I dont want to reschedule. I'll support actual actions to restart.

Yea for florida for poking the cdc. Cheers. I want to cruise. Are any of the rest of you booked soon? Let's go.

Me, I got 3 booked.  Aug 2021, Jan 2022 and Feb 2023.  Hoping all 3 are a "go"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The last two car accident fatalities (three deaths) in my small town were caused by drivers wasted on "medical" marijuana.  In the past three years, we have only have have two fatality accidents so 100%.

Since the stoners caused the accidents, they were tested.

Not a very representative sample, but I'll allow. Surely you can't have many stoners left?

Edited by BlerkOne

6 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Ever hear of "walking pneumonia"  Often asymptomatic.  

"You probably won’t have to stay in bed or in the hospital. You might even feel good enough go to work and keep up your routine, just as you might with a cold."

"Researchers think it takes a lot of close contact with an infected person for a healthy person to catch walking pneumonia."

https://www.webmd.com/lung/walking-pneumonia

Not the same as COVID-19 by a long shot.  That's why they don't screen for it going into a baseball game (as posted earlier).

Yes, airborne diseases are transmitted in public places like baseball stadiums. And I wish to heck the people who go to those games, knowing full well they are sick, would stay home.  But they don't, because they are selfish and have a "right" to be out in public.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Me, I got 3 booked.  Aug 2021, Jan 2022 and Feb 2023.  Hoping all 3 are a "go"

Oh woe is me, 11 booked. Starting sept 2021, then dec 2021, jan 2022 ....

I'm so tired of the my dad can beat up your dad stuff. I dont have room to reschedule. I lost one for next week best ever price.  

I got around 280 now on my roll call group, many first timers. More join daily. Maybe the date 9/11 was a tip off to bad luck, but I feel bad for hundreds of first timers booking vista this sept. So far hardly a word there that we might have a problem just happy newbies. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

ANd there in lies the problem.  Focus on stuff that ( in my opinion at least) that is relatively unimportant thereby ignoring the bigger picture.

Both documents are proof that the vaccine was administered. The bigger picture is ensuring that the proper recording was made and is easily accessible by the Cruise personnel. Let's not soon forget the Passport Card and the actual Passport? And the Difference is???? We utilize both of them for Cruise, International travel. 

Why not have both Vaccine documents to serve the same purpose?

7 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Cruz, Abbot, DeSantis...and their ilk are just puppets of Trump.  We would be over this virus if people would stop hero worshiping these idiots and use common sense.  Gloves are off.  Hope Carolyn starts banning people for starting this political crap.

So does that include you? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm ready! LOL- I'm not booked until NYE but I'd go sooner if they get open, lol. I got my vaccine to get back to normalcy and get rid of my mask and go on with life. There will never be a perfect solution, there will always be threats of a myriad of things that could kill us- alcohol was one those on my last cruise, lol. I agree with your Florida sentiment someone needs to put pressure there- a simple vaccination requirement is the easy solution -no not perfect and someone somewhere will get a fake card but it's cost effective and can be implemented without much effort. It might also encourage a few more people to go ahead and get the vaccine (no, not everyone, lol). I'd like to see cruising resume. 

• Like 2

Just now, jetsfan58 said:

Both documents are proof that the vaccine was administered. The bigger picture is ensuring that the proper recording was made and is easily accessible by the Cruise personnel. Let's not soon forget the Passport Card and the actual Passport? And the Difference is???? We utilize both of them for Cruise, International travel. 

Why not have both Vaccine documents to serve the same purpose?

GREAT point!

10 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Ever hear of "walking pneumonia"  Often asymptomatic.  People get mild case of the flu all the time and are not "banned" or "quarantined".  People with mild COvid cases routinely are... I'll wait....

Baloney. A mild case of flu or pneumonia still has symptoms. You obviously know it or you wouldn't say walking pneumonia.

Many covid cases are truly asymptomatic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Baloney. A mild case of flu or pneumonia still has symptoms. You obviously know it or you wouldn't say walking pneumonia.

Many covid cases are truly asymptomatic.

yes I do.  35 years  nurse ( many in ICU)  I have seen more infections than you can ever imagine.  Which is why I believe your analogies are overstated.  DOne arguing with you.  Into the ignore box (and I have only blocked one other person) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I am in Florida and I ate at a Cracker barrel Saturday with no mask and no distancing. We are done with this virus. Let it do what it will, we are getting back to normal.  

We just returned from a little Orlando getaway. I would’ve preferred to go on a cruise but instead went to amusement park hell. But I digress.

I agree that Florida is “unofficially” back to normal. The restrictions of social distancing, masks, capacity limits are pretty much on paper. Everywhere we went was packed, not only at the parks, but at restaurants, hotel, and other attractions. Although we were required to make reservations for the theme parks, all looked to be full to capacity looking at the parking lots, crowds and the long lines for everything. It was business as usual except for some people wearing masks. 

The experience did make me think, WHY is this OK but going on a cruise is not??? It was aggravating. Either it’s OK for all sectors of the travel industry or it’s not. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh woe is me, 11 booked. Starting sept 2021, then dec 2021, jan 2022 ....

I'm so tired of the my dad can beat up your dad stuff. I dont have room to reschedule. I lost one for next week best ever price.  

I got around 280 now on my roll call group, many first timers. More join daily. Maybe the date 9/11 was a tip off to bad luck, but I feel bad for hundreds of first timers booking vista this sept. So far hardly a word there that we might have a problem just happy newbies. 

11! OMG I'm so jealous! I have NYE and then the Sailabration Next Year and that's it... I feel unworthy, lol! I am strongly considering this August and just throwing caution to the wind that it'll actually happen but I don't know, it has to be early August before my classes start back up and the prices were a little up. Can't decide, plus it might just get cancelled anyway. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes, indeed......let our people go....and dont start this" the variant is coming" mantra...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

yes I do.  35 years  nurse ( many in ICU)  I have seen more infections than you can ever imagine.  Which is why I believe your analogies are overstated.  DOne arguing with you.  Into the ignore box (and I have only blocked one other person) 

I doubt you saw the infections walking into a ballpark. I suspect in a medical setting, therefore SYMPTOMS.

I have a number of cruises booked also and and tired of them getting cancelled. But they are cancelled for a reason (no, not the CDC). I'm tired of people declaring the war over only to have it flare up again drag things out longer. There are reasons why no cruise line is saying good job, Florida and joning the suit. They know it isn't over.

• Like 1