Princess 2023

RonPaula

I booked 7 Caribbean cruises on the 27th in Canadian funds.  On the 29th I was curious so checked pricing and they had all gone down about 1,5% - both cruise fare and port fee.  Princess has adjusted the exchange rate so I got cruises re-fared and saved good $$.

If you booked early in Cdn$, check your fare again.  Also applies to other cruises that were available before.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

I booked 7 Caribbean cruises on the 27th in Canadian funds.  On the 29th I was curious so checked pricing and they had all gone down about 1,5% - both cruise fare and port fee.  Princess has adjusted the exchange rate so I got cruises re-fared and saved good $$.

If you booked early in Cdn$, check your fare again.  Also applies to other cruises that were available before.

I noticed the cruise I booked April 27, the CDN exchange rate was $1.26.

I have send an email to my agent.

2 hours ago, Waynetor said:

My booking is in USD, but it went down as well since I can buy USD cheaper now.  😉

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I noticed the cruise I booked April 27, the CDN exchange rate was $1.26.

I have send an email to my agent.

I thought the previous rate was 1.27.  They have adjusted to 1.24.  Wholesale trading is at about 1.23.

If they slipped another one in there, then makes me think they are going to more dynamic exchange pricing. 

Edit Fix:  Actually, pricing seems fine based on 1.24 rate (other than Princess messes with conversions and doesn't often use the precise converted dollar value).  It was me using not-my-normal website methods to determine true USD prices.  Seems like some pricing hijinks going on in third-party agency sites.

Edited by Steelers36

57 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Edit Fix:  Actually, pricing seems fine based on 1.24 rate (other than Princess messes with conversions and doesn't often use the precise converted dollar value).  It was me using not-my-normal website methods to determine true USD prices.  Seems like some pricing hijinks going on in third-party agency sites.

Actually, I think something is funky on Princess.com.  From what I can tell, the system is not giving me the $100/pp USD past passenger discount - unless they have eliminated it on our voyages since they were released.

Edited by Steelers36

• 3 months later...

Saw an announcement today around 2023 Alaska, but no details on itineraries yet.  Once they come out, can someone post the itineraries link?

Princess Cruises has announced its 2023 Alaska cruise and cruise our program.

The 2023 Alaska cruises and cruisetours season, on sale Aug. 18, features six MedallionClass ships, including the cruise line’s new Discovery Princess, returning to Alaska for a second season.

With 145 departures, 14 different itineraries, five glacier viewing experiences and departing from four convenient departure ports, cruise offerings include:

• Voyage of the Glaciers from Vancouver, B.C. or Anchorage (Whittier): Majestic Princess, Sapphire Princess and Grand Princess sail the seven-day itinerary that features two glacier viewing experiences including Glacier Bay National Park.
• Inside Passage from Seattle: Discovery Princess, the newest ship in the fleet, and Crown Princess, return to the Emerald City with seven-day Inside Passage voyages.
• Inside Passage from San Francisco: Ruby Princess sails this 10-day cruise, roundtrip from the City by the Bay, with a once-in-a-lifetime experience of sailing under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.

I got this 

5 hours ago, Phamer55 said:

Saw an announcement today around 2023 Alaska, but no details on itineraries yet.  Once they come out, can someone post the itineraries link?

Princess Cruises has announced its 2023 Alaska cruise and cruise our program.

The 2023 Alaska cruises and cruisetours season, on sale Aug. 18, features six MedallionClass ships, including the cruise line’s new Discovery Princess, returning to Alaska for a second season.

With 145 departures, 14 different itineraries, five glacier viewing experiences and departing from four convenient departure ports, cruise offerings include:

• Voyage of the Glaciers from Vancouver, B.C. or Anchorage (Whittier): Majestic Princess, Sapphire Princess and Grand Princess sail the seven-day itinerary that features two glacier viewing experiences including Glacier Bay National Park.
• Inside Passage from Seattle: Discovery Princess, the newest ship in the fleet, and Crown Princess, return to the Emerald City with seven-day Inside Passage voyages.
• Inside Passage from San Francisco: Ruby Princess sails this 10-day cruise, roundtrip from the City by the Bay, with a once-in-a-lifetime experience of sailing under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.

Files are attached for the 2023 Alaska itineraries.

Princess Cruises 2023 Alaska Program At-a-Glance.pdf Princess Cruises 2023 Alaska Program Reference Flyer.pdf 2023 Alaska FaresItin FOR DISTRIBUTION.xlsx 2023 Alaska Cruisetours Reference Guide.pdf

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Thanks for posting.  To bad no r/t from LA.  Hope someday they will bring those back 🤗

I agree!  It's a longer drive for us but at least we can drive to the port for a cruise from LA.

Thanks for sharing @azbirdmom 

Sad to see the longer 12 night cruises scheduled in May and September 2022 on the Sapphire Princess aren't being repeated in 2023. Really liked the look of those as they included a couple of less frequently visited ports. Never mind. Seemingly they go on sale to Elites on 17 August at 3pm UK time.

• Like 2