Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

9 hours ago, Dukefan said:

Our spa treatments have returned to our calendar. Thats good news!

Yes, our spa reservations have returned but another person pointed out that now their comfort check in tab disappeared. Same here but I know I did check in already so hopefully that tab returns soon too. I'll remain calm unless they make our shore excursions disappear next. That was too traumatic of an experience so I don't want to see them disappear even for 1 minute 😳

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VI_Lounger said:

Yes, our spa reservations have returned but another person pointed out that now their comfort check in tab disappeared. Same here but I know I did check in already so hopefully that tab returns soon too. I'll remain calm unless they make our shore excursions disappear next. That was too traumatic of an experience so I don't want to see them disappear even for 1 minute 😳

We are on the July 20th. Comfort Check-In is gone.

8 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

However, I will own up to ordering a hire car from Melbourne airport in Florida rather than Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. As I departed my flight from Sydney I was not too pleased that my hire car was not ready and waiting for me, until the guy on the desk pointed out my error with a wry smile and said I was not the first to make this mistake nor would I be the last! 

Then there was the business owner who had his secretary book flights for him and his wife to Miami for a meeting with a side trip to Naples for the wife. He couldn't figure out why his wife's ticket was so much more expensive than his. Turns out the secretary had booked her to Naples, Italy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Others have reported the same on other roll calls. Mine is missing this morning, too.

Mine are gone too but I have printed copies of our Comfort Check-in Boarding Passes.

34 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Been following the weather - barely in the 40's during daytime.

I checked the future forecast this morning for our July 10th cruise.   Looking this far out is actually not very accurate for the actual weather but it is generally in the ballpark for temperatures.  My guess is for our cruise the temperature should always be between 40 degrees and 60 degrees.  The forecast showed a low during the period of our cruise of 43 degrees (in Isafjordur) and a high of 60 degrees (in Reykjavik) for the nine days we are in Iceland.  Of course, the big unknown is the rain and wind chill factor.

12 minutes ago, Dukefan said:

Mine are gone too but I have printed copies of our Comfort Check-in Boarding Passes.

With all of the recent computer website issues, I'm glad I went ahead and printed everything including the daily calendar that showed my spa appointments, dinner reservations and excursions. Old habits from the days before smart phones so a waste of paper but I'm a big fan of back up plans!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, philw1776 said:

Agreed. Spa reservations have been restored on both our Iceland & Malta cruises. Gotta love computers!

Question on how to pay for the spa... I see it on the calendar but not in the cart. Do they add it to the cart before we sail? Will they take it out of the voucher balance?

9 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

Not the Bridge Team's error. Apps (other than Marine Traffic) using AIS show Portsmouth, UK.

VESSELFINDER:: "The vessel is en route to PORTSMOUTH,UK, sailing at a speed of 6.6 knots and expected to arrive there on Jun 18, 20:00."

CRUISEMAPPER: Viking Venus...en route to PORTSMOUTH, UK. 

Thanks. Just signed into FleetMon, which I also use and it also shows UK.

When researching MarineTraffic, the raw AIS data received shows Portsmouth UK, but the website creates a link to the US Port. The error is only applicable to Viking Venus, as Viking Sky and the other ships that docked in Portsmouth last year, all showed the correct destination.

I also checked one of the other websites I used in the past and it has a similar error for Viking Venus, shows Portsmouth UK as the destination, but links to the US port. 

36 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Has anyone seen the health survey yet?

Viking sent us an email saying they would send us a link within three days (today is day 2) and then we would go to MVJ to fill it out.  I’m betting on tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just a heads up so we don’t have the confusion we did last week with United.  We fly one week from today.  Delta just sent us an email with a subject that read in bold:  COVID test needed for travel.  Then it sent us a link to the page that’s says it is NOT required for vaccinated pax going to Iceland.  It even had the updated info that testing to the airport would not be required after July 1.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Question on how to pay for the spa... I see it on the calendar but not in the cart. Do they add it to the cart before we sail? Will they take it out of the voucher balance?

you pay onboard can use OBC

• Thanks 1

Your spa fee is charged at the time of service.  I don't know if you are charged if a no show but probably.

• Thanks 1

You can use Shipboard credits for SPA treatments but not Voucher Credits. 

Per Viking: Vouchers and Shipboard Credits will be automatically applied to your purchases of excursions, beverage packages, and prepaid gratuities. Vouchers must be used before your journey begins. Unused Shipboard Credits will transfer to your shipboard account 7 days before your Journey.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VI_Lounger said:

With all of the recent computer website issues, I'm glad I went ahead and printed everything including the daily calendar that showed my spa appointments, dinner reservations and excursions. Old habits from the days before smart phones so a waste of paper but I'm a big fan of back up plans!

I print this stuff to a PDF file that I then download to my phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anaco_angler said:

What tab was Comfort Check-in under? I don't see it now but I saw it previously; just can't remember where. I thought since our cruise doesn't leave until July 13 that we still had time to complete it.

It was under guest  information.... I wouldn't worry about it. In the past if you had traveled on VO before with a US passport they would scan your passport and hand you your boarding package including ID card (less than a minute). If not it was a passport scan + photo (some people said they scanned the passport photo instead of taking a picture) maybe 2 minutes. All the Comfort Check-In does is  have you add a picture to your guest information. I am sure Viking will still scan your passport. I don't see much value of doing it. Same with the VeriFly since having Viking check your proof of vaccination takes seconds. Both process's can be frustrating to some.

I did both and it is likely the Comfort Check -In may have been dropped since it would accept any picture such as your high school graduation pic and it would be rejected at check in.

Just my opinion

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VI_Lounger said:

Well our optional Shorex disappeared (7-17 sailing) but our included is there as well as restaurant reservations.  Comfort Check In gone from any sailing we have booked.  Go figure.