Princess excursions from FLL that drop you off at the airport

EllieinNJ

I would like to take a Princess excursion when we get off the ship that eventually drops you at the airport.  One goes to FLL and the other goes to MIA, same price.  The airfare from MIA is $55 total for two less than FLL but I am worried that if there are not enough people that want to go to MIA it might be cancelled.  Any suggestions?

I have taken these in the past and they are a good way to spend the day if you have a late flight.

That said, getting off the ship in PEV and going to MIA you will need to be sure your flight is sufficiently late within their drop off parameters vs FLL.

A FLL drop may also give you more time on the actual tour.

I prefer FLL as it’s smaller and less complex than MIA.

Have done the disembarkation tour and return to MIA think there were three coaches doing the tour that we did. (Dolphin Mall)

More recently (July 2019) did a disembarkation tour between B2B cruises which did an alligator park; some of the coaches returned to FLL and others to the port for second cruise. 

It is obviously more expensive to do the disembarkation tour, but at least you have your luggage taken care of, in the ‘hold’ of the bus. Some people mentioned hiring a car to take care of luggage while they did a day trip and others have taken a day room in one of the Fort Lauderdale hotels.

Depends on timing of your flights. We prefer a leisurely disembarkation , taxi at exit and quiet time at FLL before our International flight. Flight usually about 1pm and we tend to be at airport around 9.30 am. We are happy to just sit at the airport, knowing our bags are checked in and we’re ready to go. 

Everglades Holiday Park is a good tour - saw the lead person in the Gator Boys TV show handling alligators there.  But you won't get to the airport until around 1 PM, so plan flight accordingly.  Great for 4 PM flight.  Taxi to FLL is much cheaper, but tour isn't all that more expensive than the Princess transfer.  When we went they had at least four buses full (some going to FLL, some to MIA).  Airboat is very large and not much view but park facilities were nice.  Good food.  Tipping jars everywhere.

I've done the canal boat tour as well as the Everglades Park. Done them both twice.  They are good ways to spend a little time before flight.  Also makes getting to the airport pretty convenient.  We may try to figure out something different next time.  But not sure what.  Both are good ways to end your cruise.

In the past most of the UK passengers flew on late afternoon flights from Miami. Should have be lots of demand for post cruise tours to Miami. Now, if travel restrictions are still in place, your cruise may not have any UK passengers. Thus less demand for Miami airport tours.