EZ Air Sticker Schock

candy4040

22 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Booked the air for the day after the cruise ends in Buenos Aires for $1300 pp.   Today the fare is around $6200pp thru EzAir.

😲!  Inflation is alive and well, I do believe!

Just now, FlyerTalker said:

Probably more like supply and demand.

Supply and demand?  Yes, that certainly plays a significant role.  Inflation is still a factor in this equation.  What I pay at the grocery store on a weekly basis tells me that!

When the price of a specific ticket changes drastically "overnight", that's a function of S&D.  The cheap buckets sold out, and all that are left are the significantly higher cost ones.

When the price is changed, not just for a few flight, but across the board in comparison to past years, that's where we can talk inflation.  Along with cost increases and market competition (or lack thereof).

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked two potential routes that we are looking at.  The first, to Europe in the fall on TAP is the lowest return fare that we have seen over a number of years.

The second, air to Thailand is also still at a very attractive level compared to what we have paid over the past few years.

10 hours ago, iancal said:

Just checked two potential routes that we are looking at.  The first, to Europe in the fall on TAP is the lowest return fare that we have seen over a number of years.

TAP has been a leader in very reasonable pricing - especially for their business class product.  They have a partnership with JetBlue, so if you can work flights through their North American gateways, you will be pleasantly surprised.

OTOH, many folks don't want that extra connection or two, so the savings are of little consequence to them.

PS:  They will often offer a free or low-cost stopover in Lisbon that is worth checking out.

6 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

TAP has been a leader in very reasonable pricing - especially for their business class product.  They have a partnership with JetBlue, so if you can work flights through their North American gateways, you will be pleasantly surprised.

OTOH, many folks don't want that extra connection or two, so the savings are of little consequence to them.

PS:  They will often offer a free or low-cost stopover in Lisbon that is worth checking out.

I can't find any indication TAP has a partnership with Jet Blue, at least not on Jet Blue's website. TAP is in the Star Alliance with LH, UA, AC, etc.

8 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Thanks for the info 

Well, since D1 varies so much across the various equipment, I can't make a direct comparison.  But the seats on the 330neo have gotten good reviews - and in the end, the primary reason for biz is for the sleep and comfort aspect.  Fully flat, all aisle access.  Here's a review by a pretty good and mostly unbiased fellow:

12 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I can't find any indication TAP has a partnership with Jet Blue, at least not on Jet Blue's website. TAP is in the Star Alliance with LH, UA, AC, etc.

It's more in the way of filing through fares that utilize TP and B6 segments, especially through Boston.  Airlines often have arrangements with airlines not in their alliance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Well, since D1 varies so much across the various equipment, I can't make a direct comparison.  But the seats on the 330neo have gotten good reviews - and in the end, the primary reason for biz is for the sleep and comfort aspect.  Fully flat, all aisle access.  Here's a review by a pretty good and mostly unbiased fellow:

I rarely fly Star Alliance but have done a few longhauls on TAP, including once just before Covid on the A330neo going LIS-GRU. It was a very enjoyable J class ride, I must say. Friend of mine did the A321neo OPO-EWR-OPO and also enjoyed his J class ride. I think they're the same or very, very similar hard products.